Wentz to start game one

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
From my vantage point, it's a highly questionable strategy.

One quick note....IMO, the fact that Wentz is bigger (two years older) and played under center more IMO, has been an advantage over Goff. Fact is, Goff does not look comfortable under center and IMO, and only my opinion, it has carried over in other areas.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You seem to be the type of fan that hope the team loses as well ?? Keenum gives The Rams the best chance of winning.
You seem the type of person that doesn't read what people write or take the time to see their point of view.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher isn't using kid gloves with Goff... He's not taking away half the field, simplifying down the playbook, and all that stuff that happens with most rookie QB's, so it's a steeper learning curve. Fisher didn't want him to start because he's comfortable with Keenum.

He's comfortable with mediocrity as we all know very well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You seem the type of person that doesn't read what people write or take the time to see their point of view.

I just think it is wrong to throw Narred Goff out there just because he was the #1 draft pick. I see Philly is all in with Wentz. I figure they are building for the future.
All The Ram fans that talk about Jeff Fisher going 7-9 again think he doesn't care about winning. I think it is a new stage in LA !!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
From my vantage point, it's a highly questionable strategy.

I have no problem from the start with Keenum being a bridge quarterback but with the idea that Keenum beats Goff out if the job. Like that thing called competition.

But that competition never happened - when Goff is running with the second and third team it's a joke -- it's like what I said about this franchise wanting Goff in one piece to open up that new stadium in 3 years - they are gonna be overly careful with the guy to the point it's pointless

Look how they handled Gurley in preseason - mind boggling. I love Gurley but damn, don't be scared to hand him the ball in preseason, the dude's not untouchable

If Keenum is the standard than Goff should be starting - cause whatever Keenum offers in experience Goff offers with talent

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Impressive to say the least. That was a big league throw on the TD.

KDS73

Rookie
Don't look now, but Wentz looked good on that first drive. His intangibles are through the roof.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dear God please tell me Fisher didn't f this up....

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Masterful drive on that first series.

Ram65

Legend
Yes the TD was a big league throw.

I liked his hard count and fake option follow through after handing the ball to the RBs. Ertz made a nice catch to help out.

A55VA6

Legend
Wentz has alot of flaws in his game. While I think he can play well, I think some of those flaws will surface.

But remember.. he is playing the Browns today lol

Ram65

Legend
I'm just interested in see how he does while not getting carried away about Goff vs Wentz comparison this early.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
[av]http://www.moviewavs.com/0053148414/MP3S/Movies/Pulp_Fiction/dicks.mp3[/av]

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
1st career touchdown and knee-jerk reactions are already happening? I would wait to see where he's at after week 8 and even that's still a small sample size to determine where he's at career-wise; same goes for Goff. Although I'd say that Doug Peterson's first year as HC and he knows how to let an offense operate better than Fisher.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm just interested in see how he does while not getting carried away about Goff vs Wentz comparison this early.

Me too.

He looked a little more rookie-like on that second drive, though.