Well, I re-watched the Giant game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
What fun it was, too. Lol.

A few thoughts...

MCVay keeps his foot on the gas pedal, doesn’t he? A TE sweep to Everett late in the 3rd qtr while leading 41-10? I love it!

We haven’t seen Goff’s best yet. Yeah, he had a helluva game, but there were some misses, too. Scary to think how good he might become. I think that this kid can become elite under the guidance of McVay.

I watched various OL players quite a bit. They are winning most of their matchups, sometimes spectacularly. And it ain’t just Whit and Saffold, either. It’s ALL of them. They deserve more credit for their part in these wins (blowouts). They are constantly showing up while throwing effective downfield blocks on big plays.

Sully, in particular, was effective. All over the place. But he wasn’t the only one. Kromer, take another bow, man. Your boys are kicking butt and taking names.

Goff’s demeanor was more relaxed than the vet Manning. It was amazing to see.

Gurley has become a lethal weapon with both the run and the pass. His improvement under this staff is mind boggling. Incidentally, keeping coach Peete was a stroke of genius.

Doesn’t seem quite fair to give McVay/Goff such an array of weapons for the O. Gurley, Woods, Watkins, Kupp, Higbee, now Everett and Pharoh with Reynolds waiting in the wings. Geez.

Opponents had some success early on against Wade’s D, but by mid 1st qtr he seems to have figured out their strategy and makes adjustments to shut them down. Not just this week, but every week. Rams scoring D has been exceptional since the 2nd half of the Dallas game.

Seems silly to nitpick in a 51-17 rout, but I will say that I expected a bit more QB pressure on Eli. Never mind the stats, it just seemed like the Rams were late too often in getting to Eli.

Giants were in a bind by mid 1st qtr. they wanted to run, run, run because of their WR injuries plus they wanted to keep the ball away from Goff. But after falling far behind, they were forced to pass a helluva lot more than they originally intended. Didn’t work out well for them, obviously.

I’m just gonna say it again. Quinn is reduced to a shadow of his former self. Doubt if he’s a Ram next year.

Pharoh is a find as a returner. He makes good decisions as to letting kicks go, fair catch, or returning. He has moves seldom seen, too. That spin move on the sideline? Wow!

The Ones on D holding the Giants to 10 points? Pretty impressive.

McVay started subbing for starters late in the 3rd qtr with a 48-10 lead. Smart move. He never called a single pass play after 4:00 minutes remained in the THIRD qtr. Think about that. The Giants knew that we were gonna run the ball with second stringers and still couldn’t stop a long FG drive.

That no huddle O has been devastating for 2 games in a row. McVay can give tips to Goff as they both look over the D and Goff is executing magnificently. Almost doesn’t seem fair.

It seemed as if the Rams had broken the spirit of the Giant players by early in the 3rd qtr. Ronde Barber said he thought it was as early as that Woods 33 yard conversion on 3rd down for a TD. I dunno. But I do know that I’ve waited a long time since I’ve last seen Ram teams be able to do that, much less back to back.

Too bad about the Malcolm Brown injury. He had a helluva 4th qtr while relieving Gurley.

Bring on the Texans. I can’t get enough of this. Lol.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Unlike the 2003 team...wow, 14 years ago...this team feels like they have the “it” factor.

Also reminds me of ‘99....couldn’t enjoy the season until after the fact since every week we were expecting the wheels to fall off.

Fingers crossed :cheers:

TexasRam

Legend
I’ve also rewatched the game 2 times now.

A few things that stick out:

Oline as you mentioned is rock solid in pass protection. Not to take away from Goff but most QB’s could really excel behind this Oline. Let me say this loud and clear, as long as this line stays together and healthy we will
Be competitive. We need to invest some draft capital in replacements that we can start grooming now. Especially for Whitworth, who will be almost impossible to replace.

Goff has great pocket awareness and does a great job feeling the rush right now. So With lots of time and then ALSO feeling the rush when it finally does come makes the passing game even that much better.

Goff on the run isn’t very consistently accurate yet. There is something he can work on. The overthrow to Kupp for example.

Eli did have receivers open at times. A little concerning once we face the Brees and Wentz’s of the world.

We could have scored 70. 21 points in the 2nd and 20 in the 3rd before we started subbing with 3:20 left in the third.

Our only active backup Olineman were Blythe and Williams. That’s why only Sully and Whit were taken out. Blythe is an excellent backup but if you watch Williams he looks rather awkward out there with his lack of hand usage. I wonder what Lucas has.

fearsomefour

Legend
Williams looked alright.
His hand placement seemed to be ok.
What I see with him is has a bit of what plaqued Grob, although not nearly as bad.
He loses his balance.
He did seem a little tentative on a few plays.
One thing watching him move around athletism is not an issue. He runs well and has good quickness.
But he seems to get off balance sort of easily.
He has certainly improved however.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Williams upper body looks weak strength-wise. Very athletic,but will be bull-rushed easily.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Seems silly to nitpick in a 51-17 rout, but I will say that I expected a bit more QB pressure on Eli. Never mind the stats, it just seemed like the Rams were late too often in getting to Eli.
We do need more pass rush. It's not as relentless as what we've seen before here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ve also rewatched the game 2 times now.

A few things that stick out:

Oline as you mentioned is rock solid in pass protection. Not to take away from Goff but most QB’s could really excel behind this Oline. Let me say this loud and clear, as long as this line stays together and healthy we will
Be competitive. We need to invest some draft capital in replacements that we can start grooming now. Especially for Whitworth, who will be almost impossible to replace.

Goff has great pocket awareness and does a great job feeling the rush right now. So With lots of time and then ALSO feeling the rush when it finally does come makes the passing game even that much better.

Goff on the run isn’t very consistently accurate yet. There is something he can work on. The overthrow to Kupp for example.

Eli did have receivers open at times. A little concerning once we face the Brees and Wentz’s of the world.

We could have scored 70. 21 points in the 2nd and 20 in the 3rd before we started subbing with 3:20 left in the third.

Our only active backup Olineman were Blythe and Williams. That’s why only Sully and Whit were taken out. Blythe is an excesllent backup but if you watch Williams he looks rather awkward out there with his lack of hand usage. I wonder what Lucas has.

How good is Andrew Donnal??

Austin Blythe is already shown he is going to be ready when the time comes.

Darrell Williams has so much upside & is capable if caked upon. Still only 24 .

Lucas Cornelius is a huge guy.

Of course the depth needs keep improving when possible,but right now
this isn’t a bad group .

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

giphy.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We do need more pass rush. It's not as relentless as what we've seen before here.

I think they didn't blitz much in NY. No need to do it once they jumped out to the big lead.

Watching that here are two things that jumped out at me.

Woods has an awkward running style but he moves!

The stadium was not full from the start of the game and near the end it was nearly vacant.

That's the biggest city in the nation, and a team with as rich a history as you could ask for..........and fans were not there. Yeah they are losing and that keeps people away, especially when it's 650 bucks for a family of 4.

The NFL better start paying attention. We can stream this to our HD big screens and hang out at home every week.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think they didn't blitz much in NY. No need to do it once they jumped out to the big lead.

Watching that here are two things that jumped out at me.

Woods has an awkward running style but he moves!

The stadium was not full from the start of the game and near the end it was nearly vacant.

That's the biggest city in the nation, and a team with as rich a history as you could ask for..........and fans were not there. Yeah they are losing and that keeps people away, especially when it's 650 bucks for a family of 4.

The NFL better start paying attention. We can stream this to our HD big screens and hang out at home every week.
Good Day my SW FL Ram fan..........who lives near heaven!

I don't think that Roger Goodell & his leadership team has a clue what has happen to them. These NFL elites may not even care.

The decisions (IMO) that have come out of the NFL headquarters the last few years have completely weakened an American Classic Sport pastime. The NFL did not need to change much of anything to preserve a wonderful long time national sport. But somehow this bunch of FOOLS have done it.