We Are In The SAD Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
People are gonna feel how they're gonna feel. Would it be ideal if everyone was positive about the Rams' chances of getting into the playoffs? Sure. But expecting universal optimism isn't reality either. You have to look at both sides of the equation here. The Rams have lost just a shit ton of games and have a decade of consecutive losing seasons under their belt. I can fully understand how people are hesitant to go all-in on the Rams for fear of getting crushed by the let-down were it to occur again. As long as there are no "Rams suck", or "Lambs" type posts, I don't see the harm in guarded optimism or even feelings of the season being a lost cause at this point.

After all, when was the last time the Rams proved something to the fans? Gotta earn that kind of devotion, unfortunately.

Disclaimer: I expect them to win out. Been done before, can be done again. Even *if* the odds are stacked a little higher against us.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Let's beat the Chicago Bears in convincing fashion next week and go from there. How many eye brows would go up then? How many " wait a minute here" would be uttered?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's beat the Chicago Bears in convincing fashion next week and go from there. How many eye brows would go up then? How many " wait a minute here" would be uttered?

Well Husker I guess you are another one of those who don't know it's over

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I get ALL THAT what I don't get is why you'd feel compelled to broadcast it, what utility you think it provides to others to be a Debbie Downer,WHY it would be important to someone to establish " it's over " as a consensus
It's foreign to me to give up or to utter defeatist attitudes while possibility exist regardless how improbable

I'm expressing my views. The same as you are. I'm glad you've gotten over Bradford's injury and are back to normal. I'm also dealing with REALITY. The Redskins were 3-6 last year with a rookie QB with tons of potential. I don't see one of those on our team. I've never bashed this team or cried about our injuries. It happens to every team. I just have different expectations of the team now. If you still have the same expectations as you did before Bradford went down, then I applaud you.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'm expressing my views. The same as you are. I'm glad you've gotten over Bradford's injury and are back to normal. I'm also dealing with REALITY. The Redskins were 3-6 last year with a rookie QB with tons of potential. I don't see one of those on our team. I've never bashed this team or cried about our injuries. It happens to every team. I just have different expectations of the team now. If you still have the same expectations as you did before Bradford went down, then I applaud you.

OK MAN, let's clear some things up:
I respect YOU as a poster,seen you here and other places and have read enough of your posts to do so.

I have never to my knowledge told anyone to not say anything , I have asked what utility there is in it for YOU to tell ME, internally I can see your point,we all deal with the disappointment internally as we do and if it helps your attitude to tell yourself those things,I think it's great you've got a coping mechanism.

WHEN I say it aint over to the world ,I do it to uplift THEM,it's to improve your outlook ,I've taken care of mine, and am wanting to be a cheerleader.

SO when people say the "it's over" words I see a converse,and I AGAIN have no problem with your opinion nor respecting it ,I just don't get how it could be designed to make an positive impact on the reader.As of yet I haven't gotten an explanation of how or what it serves.

Reality is a very mercurial thing man everyone has his own version of it so I won't tell you your's is wrong I'll just tell you it's incomplete .

I'm a huge believer in the power of expectations so I tend to recoil at negative expectation,I started this thread ABOUT our POSSIBILITIES and the ODD position we found ourselves in of rooting for a hated foe and how their success would enhance our chances , which some people pretty well apprised me DIDN'T EXIST.
So ask yourself AM I who began this ,your opinion is wrong exchange,if that is how you define it ?

I'll leave you with the immortal words of Yogi Berra,"It AINT OVER TILL IT'S OVER" try though I might I've never been able to disprove that.
Pax Vobiscum man

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
OK MAN, let's clear some things up:
I respect YOU as a poster,seen you here and other places and have read enough of your posts to do so.

I have never to my knowledge told anyone to not say anything , I have asked what utility there is in it for YOU to tell ME, internally I can see your point,we all deal with the disappointment internally as we do and if it helps your attitude to tell yourself those things,I think it's great you've got a coping mechanism.

WHEN I say it aint over to the world ,I do it to uplift THEM,it's to improve your outlook ,I've taken care of mine, and am wanting to be a cheerleader.

SO when people say the "it's over" words I see a converse,and I AGAIN have no problem with your opinion nor respecting it ,I just don't get how it could be designed to make an positive impact on the reader.As of yet I haven't gotten an explanation of how or what it serves.

Reality is a very mercurial thing man everyone has his own version of it so I won't tell you your's is wrong I'll just tell you it's incomplete .

I'm a huge believer in the power of expectations so I tend to recoil at negative expectation,I started this thread ABOUT our POSSIBILITIES and the ODD position we found ourselves in of rooting for a hated foe and how their success would enhance our chances , which some people pretty well apprised me DIDN'T EXIST.
So ask yourself AM I who began this ,your opinion is wrong exchange,if that is how you define it ?

I'll leave you with the immortal words of Yogi Berra,"It AINT OVER TILL IT'S OVER" try though I might I've never been able to disprove that.
Pax Vobiscum man

I also respect you and have no ill-feelings about this. My first post on this thread was agreeing with A55. My intention of the post was to confirm that he wasn't alone in his feelings, and there were others out there who felt like that. That was the 'positive impact' of the post. I didn't mean to derail the thread about rooting for the Seahawks. All I'm trying to do now is get my point across so we can move on.

There are many ways to deal with adversity. So far, it's been a kick in the ass to the rest of the team to step up, which they have. That's fantastic, but sucks that our leader had to go down in order for it to happen. Sure, I can see this team still going to the playoffs. We have the coaching. We have the talent. But is it likely? Hell no. Why? Because our remaining schedule is one of the toughest in the league. We don't play consistent enough (like many other teams) to have a good chance of making the playoffs.

So where is my reality incomplete?

My view has changed from that of being a 'homer', where I'd get worked up after a loss, to more of a casual fan who enjoys when my team does well. It makes me much more bearable to be around after a Rams loss, which I think my fiance is greatly appreciating.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I also respect you and have no ill-feelings about this. My first post on this thread was agreeing with A55. My intention of the post was to confirm that he wasn't alone in his feelings, and there were others out there who felt like that. That was the 'positive impact' of the post. I didn't mean to derail the thread about rooting for the Seahawks. All I'm trying to do now is get my point across so we can move on.

There are many ways to deal with adversity. So far, it's been a kick in the ass to the rest of the team to step up, which they have. That's fantastic, but sucks that our leader had to go down in order for it to happen. Sure, I can see this team still going to the playoffs. We have the coaching. We have the talent. But is it likely? Hell no. Why? Because our remaining schedule is one of the toughest in the league. We don't play consistent enough (like many other teams) to have a good chance of making the playoffs.

So where is my reality incomplete?

My view has changed from that of being a 'homer', where I'd get worked up after a loss, to more of a casual fan who enjoys when my team does well. It makes me much more bearable to be around after a Rams loss, which I think my fiance is greatly appreciating.
Everywhere that it fails to perfectly predict the future,the point to take from what I said was that ALL of our, "realities" are incomplete.

I didn't read your whole post and don't intend to, that was yesterday,I look forward to an amicable posting friendship with you,I stopped when I saw the word "homer" ,I consider that term condescending and would prefer that IF you think there is such a thing you refrain from using that term in reference to me.
If you can't BE a "homer" here without being admired for it in your estimation ,I'd suggest you think again this is the homer capital of da universe,now FWIW welcome to my world, where my incomplete reality is completely RAMS HOMER ,see............................. I can call me one but if you aint one you can't K?:bigup::cheese:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Everywhere that it fails to perfectly predict the future,the point to take from what I said was that ALL of our, "realities" are incomplete.

I didn't read your whole post and don't intend to, that was yesterday,I look forward to an amicable posting friendship with you,I stopped when I saw the word "homer" ,I consider that term condescending and would prefer that IF you think there is such a thing you refrain from using that term in reference to me.
If you can't BE a "homer" here without being admired for it in your estimation ,I'd suggest you think again this is the homer capital of da universe,now FWIW welcome to my world, where my incomplete reality is completely RAMS HOMER ,see............................. I can call me one but if you aint one you can't K?:bigup::cheese:

I don't think being a 'homer' is a negative thing, especially here. We have many polls here asking just how much of a 'homer' we are. I'm still a homer. Just not as much blind optimism as I had when Sam was healthy.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I don't think being a 'homer' is a negative thing, especially here. We have many polls here asking just how much of a 'homer' we are. I'm still a homer. Just not as much blind optimism as I had when Sam was healthy.
And THAT is what I'm trying to help you with:bigup: