We Are In The SAD Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Of rooting for the Seahawks from here on out, because they have games with three teams ahead of us for wild card spots and if they win out from here till the final week they will most likely have the number one seed sewn up and be resting players.
I want to win that game ,prefer it be legit, but will take it whatever way it comes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just wish we had one less loss right now.

If we get hot, which is a big IF, it feels like we'll need a mulligan to burn along the way.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yeah, those last 2 losses look even bigger now. Two games we definitely were in position to have won...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, those last 2 losses look even bigger now. Two games we definitely were in position to have won...
Yeah but if Seattle has the home field sewn up ,IMO we win there last week of the season regardless so if there is such a thing that loss is sorta nuetral,cuz if we'd beaten them and that last game was one they needed I'd be less confident that last game would be a win ,so it's sorta six of one two dozen of another ,25 or six to 4 ,44/40 or fight get the pitcher?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is what I found on this post.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Panthers & 9ers (who both beat us) are the mid season wild card cadre.
In front of us are AZ(who we beat & can do it again), the Bears (who is our next opponent) & the Packers.......then the Eagles (who are on fire) that's the nasty mud in front of us. We need to clear out the 9ers & AZ with very big wins along with big win over the Bears. Need to surly win 2 out of the 3 games with the Saints, Bucs & Seahawks to be 9 & 7 at the end.

Yes a very very SAD situation.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Panthers are in the driver seat. I see them winning 10 games. They have Miami, TB, Jets, Atl. All very winnable games for them. They have a MNF game at home against the Pats. And they have 2 games with the Saints which they could easily split. The Panthers would have to fall apart not to win 3 of those 6 games. And the way their defense is playing, I highly doubt they fall apart.

The Niners will be fighting for the other spot with the loser of the North, either Detroit or Chicago, or possibly the Packers if Rodgers comes back soon. One of them will win at least 9 games probably 10.

So the Rams would have to win out to have any shot at the playoffs this year. Sorry, ain't gonna happen with our schedule.

Doesn't stop me from rooting hard and hoping for a miracle. Rams football is fun again and we can certainly have a big impact on the playoff races. If the Rams come close, it will be fun to hear all the offseason reports on the Rams.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
If the Rams can get ahead in games early and not have to depend on the pass getting them back into a game in the second half they have a good chance to make a late run.

We sure do live and die with every week around here don't we...:heh:

A55VA6

Legend
Me either. I had a great time watching the game yesterday and it was mainly because I'm just along for the ride at this point.
I obviously hope we make the playoffs, but like you said I'm just along for the ride and hopefully we can win all the games, if not.. it's not a total letdown at this point.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Me either. I had a great time watching the game yesterday and it was mainly because I'm just along for the ride at this point.
I got no idea what satisfaction people derive from sayin' that man,could you explain it to me? I'm as realistic a person as anyone alive but predicting doom has never been something I see having ANY utility.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Sad part is if we had won the last two games we'd be sitting at 6-4 and would hold our own destiny.
At this point we would have to play basically perfect football and get help. I was thinking about the schedule last night and the only game that really scares me is New Orleans. When they are on offensively they are really hard to beat. (600+ yards on Dallas) WOW....

Last edited by a moderator:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Looking back doesn't do us any more good than looking to far in the future. One game at a time. I went to sleep with a smile on my face last night. Guys who say they wanna lose so we get a better draft pick are really missing the whoe point of football games.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Were NOT going to the playoffs so lets go for the draft picks. I'm a diehard fan but I look at it as lets get better an go for it!!!!:juiced:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Were NOT going to the playoffs so lets go for the draft picks. I'm a diehard fan but I look at it as lets get better an go for it!!!!:juiced:
So on the youngest team in the league ya think we need to sit Ogletree to give Ray Ray reps or Tavon to give Bailey reps,or how about Stacy to give Benny reps or JJ or Tru or ,well I think I've made the point,we're ALREADY playing a developmental lineup and IMO every win is gonna give them much needed confidence.
Luckily guys who view it the way you seem to don't get out of Pee Wee coaching positions and Fisher will put the best product he can on the filed unless we are completely mathematically eliminated and then I doubt he goes wholesale on the pre season ethos.
I think we go into NEXT season with KC as our backup again and all this playing time only makes next year more secure in the unfortunate event Sam misses time THEN.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Jim-Mora-playoffs.jpeg
This is what popped in my head lol.