We Are In The SAD Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
Jim-Mora-playoffs.jpeg
This is what popped in my head lol.

You've got a vulgar mind.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've returned to "homerville" if you will but WE still have a shot! Why the fuck even watch if you don't think we do? I don't get it. Sure, we are a long long shot of making it but so was D DAY! I thiink Chicago is a team on the edge and could fall off if we take it to them after the bye week. SF is a touch more fragile than people thought and we could beat them in their house with them coming off the short week and maybe a loss to the Saints. Everyone knows we are capable of beating Arizona there. We will play the Saints tough at home and if we are on a four game tear at that stage, anything is possible. I don't see TB getting much better down the stretch and we got them at home. So yes, root root for the Seahags to have things wrapped up come week 17 so they will lose that edge and we could jump on them. Sure, we need help but maybe not as much as you think. The Eagles look to be on their way to winning the East. I think the Cowboys fold. We beat the Bears and I think they flop. The Packers look to be in trouble. If the 49ers lose to NO next week, then we beat them, they still have the Seahawks to play in Seattle, we could overtake them. Carolina seems to be the thorn if all else goes right BUT, there are two wildcard spots. Even they could lose four more times. NE is coming off a bye week to MNF, the Saints could surely sweep them and the Jets are not exactly pushovers at the moment and who knows what Miami will do. Anythings possible from our end so why not? Let's just pull for a big win against the Bears and let the cards start to fall.

So we pull for Baltimore, New England, New Orleans, Philadelphia, NY Giants, and Jacksonville this week!!!!:juiced:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I've returned to "homerville" if you will but WE still have a shot! Why the Freak even watch if you don't think we do? I don't get it. Sure, we are a long long shot of making it but so was D DAY! I thiink Chicago is a team on the edge and could fall off if we take it to them after the bye week. SF is a touch more fragile than people thought and we could beat them in their house with them coming off the short week and maybe a loss to the Saints. Everyone knows we are capable of beating Arizona there. We will play the Saints tough at home and if we are on a four game tear at that stage, anything is possible. I don't see TB getting much better down the stretch and we got them at home. So yes, root root for the Seahags to have things wrapped up come week 17 so they will lose that edge and we could jump on them. Sure, we need help but maybe not as much as you think. The Eagles look to be on their way to winning the East. I think the Cowboys fold. We beat the Bears and I think they flop. The Packers look to be in trouble. If the 49ers lose to NO next week, then we beat them, they still have the Seahawks to play in Seattle, we could overtake them. Carolina seems to be the thorn if all else goes right BUT, there are two wildcard spots. Even they could lose four more times. NE is coming off a bye week to MNF, the Saints could surely sweep them and the Jets are not exactly pushovers at the moment and who knows what Miami will do. Anythings possible from our end so why not? Let's just pull for a big win against the Bears and let the cards start to fall.

So we pull for Baltimore, New England, New Orleans, Philadelphia, NY Giants, and Jacksonville this week!!!!:juiced:
Thing is, winning on their home field is a point of pride for them. And losing to us, especially if it gets us a WC spot ... I don't think they'll lose an edge because they're playing us.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
National Football Conference
CONF RKNFCWLTPCTDIVCONFSOSSOVREASON
1Seattle 910.9003-0-06-0-0.400.370NFC West Champ
2New Orleans 720.7782-0-05-0-0.444.381NFC South Champ
3Detroit 630.6673-1-05-2-0.482.436NFC North Champ
4Dallas 550.5003-0-05-2-0.554.362NFC East Champ (Wins tie break over Philadelphia based on head-to-head win percentage.)
5Carolina 630.6672-0-06-2-0.410.315Wins tie break over San Francisco based on head-to-head win percentage.
6San Francisco 630.6672-1-03-2-0.506.382
7Arizona 540.5560-3-04-4-0.512.364Wins tie break over Chicago based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Green Bay (Chicago wins tie break over Green Bay based on head-to-head win percentage).
8Chicago 540.5562-2-03-4-0.500.413Wins tie break over Green Bay based on head-to-head win percentage.
9Green Bay 540.5562-1-03-3-0.494.422
10Philadelphia 550.5002-2-04-2-0.478.318
11St. Louis 460.4001-2-01-5-0.500.389
12NY Giants 360.3331-2-02-4-0.571.357Wins tie break over Washington based on best win percentage in division games.
13Washington 360.3330-2-01-5-0.518.444
14Atlanta 270.2221-2-02-4-0.580.222Wins tie break over Minnesota based on best win percentage in conference games.
15Minnesota 270.2220-3-01-6-0.488.333
16Tampa Bay 080.0000-3-00-6-0.622.000

Rising to 6th is not likely but not impossible. We play 6,7, & 8 and 1,2 & 16. Let's just do it!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well you seem to vacillate between certitude and probability, BTW that was a pretty lame analogy:cheese:
Again HOW does saying that make your experience as a fan better?I don't get what the payoff of a statement like that is.
I mean is it so painful when bad news comes that you have to prepare yourself ?
WHY say we aren't making the playoffs, does it offend you others have hope?
I really wanna know cuz I've dealt with this sort of negativity and it just seems so self defeating,and I'd like to come to understand it, maybe once I do I can offer some council to those who must grieve in advance.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
OK so when you said "doom has already arrived" what you meant was it probably has ,so you are at least not going to scoof at the possibility that this team has demonstrated why these players were selected .
See for me the reality is that the talent to do what we did has been there all year,we are now talented enough to do THAT to the only team that has beaten the Broncos. So for now those who don't believe are just rooting for their predictions of poor performance,your's being 6-10 in my estimation.
FWIW though hope makes you miss nothing but despair, nothing missed, just a half full outlook and my entire ethos as a fan is THIS.
I have expectations and they begin with ME,what I expect from me is that I maintain the VERY attitude I want from the team, I have always hated to be on teams where when the going got bad someone was counting the loss before it happened ,always wanted to slap them across the chops like the Catholic priest does the hysterical passenger after crossing himself in the movie "Airport".
Do ya WANT the players to adapt the defeated attitude ? Not me, that doesn't mean I can't asses a situation like 4-6 and know what it means ,I've coached for years ,not ONE game a week,some weeks as many as 100 to 150 wrestling matches,I know victory and I know defeat and what I know about both is that if you believe they will happen you increase the PROBABILITY.
SO forgive me if I say, WE are team mates,if you are gonna talk like that

Ima tell ya ,I can do without it,I can see the scoreboard,there will be ALL the TIME we need or more importantly WANT to anguish over a poor season ,NOW is the TIME for hope,just sayin'.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Dropped some acid thinking about this.
Best case, Rams win out.
Seahags, 40'ers and zona lose out except in common games and they tie all of those.
Do the math and things get real.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yes but viewed as it is the lottery is basically entertainment,and the guy who believes he will win gets more entertainment for his money,football is entertainment as well.
So I buy power ball tickets instead of scratchers, more value as long as you think you have a chance it contributes to a state of mind very similar to actually having won and as such , these statements out of misplaced realism for IT'S sake are more an indicator of the overall outlook of those making them.
I don't worry about being disappointed ,don't know why you do,POTTY TRAINING?:cool::wow::bigup::roflmao:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I got no idea what satisfaction people derive from sayin' that man,could you explain it to me? I'm as realistic a person as anyone alive but predicting doom has never been something I see having ANY utility.

Sure. It's just going in with low expectations. Like if you hear a movie sucks, but you go see it anyway, and it's not that bad.. you actually have a pretty good time watching it. But, if you're expecting that movie to rock, and it's only good, you're a little let down. Right now my expectations are low for the Rams, so when they exceed those expectations I'm really pumped, but when they fail, it doesn't hurt as much.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Sure. It's just going in with low expectations. Like if you hear a movie sucks, but you go see it anyway, and it's not that bad.. you actually have a pretty good time watching it. But, if you're expecting that movie to rock, and it's only good, you're a little let down. Right now my expectations are low for the Rams, so when they exceed those expectations I'm really pumped, but when they fail, it doesn't hurt as much.

I get ALL THAT what I don't get is why you'd feel compelled to broadcast it, what utility you think it provides to others to be a Debbie Downer,WHY it would be important to someone to establish " it's over " as a consensus
It's foreign to me to give up or to utter defeatist attitudes while possibility exist regardless how improbable

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Thor, I paused a minute before replying to your post....while I can appreciate your particular philosophy of hope or as you put it; an aversion to "utter defeatist attitudes", I don't personally support your contention that iBruce's opinions are "defeatist" or that he should be discouraged for as you put it "broadcasting" his opinions.

Frankly, I'm getting a bit put off by the "thought and speech police" that seems to be over taking this site (albeit well intended). The fact of the matter is, whether you use stats or history, barring a miracle and complete breakdown by the teams in front, the Rams have virtually no chance of making the playoff's this season. What I fail to understand is why anyone would bother to take exception to comments that state this reality.

IMO, iBruce is only stating what many of us already acknowledge and accept about the remainder of the season. Our expectations at the beginning of the season included the hope that the rams would play division leaders tough and that with a bit of luck, the possibility for a wild card spot existed. Reality set in when Bradford went down and anyone who believed other wise were whistling past the graveyard.

There's certainly nothing wrong with an individual holding out hope even in the face of reality. What I take exception to is the suggestion that others cannot or should not express their disappointment or lack of optimism in the face of this teams record. Each of us handles disappointment differently. Some hold out hope until the metrics prove otherwise, while others see the end game and acknowledge it before the fat lady clears her throat.

In iBruce's case, I think he expressed well both his acceptance of the situation and his willingness to enjoy the good times that remain, while accepting the end result. This team has a lot of work to do, let's hope that what remains of this season will enable Fisher and company to better evaluate their personnel needs going forward.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I got no idea what satisfaction people derive from sayin' that man,could you explain it to me? I'm as realistic a person as anyone alive but predicting doom has never been something I see having ANY utility.
Yeah - I'm with you here Thor. I suppose I understand that some may go into protection mode but I am a fan and a good part of my experience is always expecting my team to do good things. Yeah maybe sometimes it makes my low a bit lower after a game - honestly not sure about that though. When my Rams lose, I am in a funk - period. When they win, I am elated. There are still games to play. We are not mathematically out of it and even if we were, there are things to work on, players to watch progress, calls to bitch about, and a very young team that can shock the world with a few breaks like we saw in the Indy and Houston games. With 6 games left, we are 2 wins behind the WC front runners and one of them is SF. Just win baby.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Here's how I look at it. If we win out then we're in(10-6). If we lose one game then it gets iffy (9-7). We lose two games then we very well may be out (8-8). SO, we control our own destiny in a way. Just win! That's it.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Here's how I look at it. If we win out then we're in(10-6). If we lose one game then it gets iffy (9-7). We lose two games then we very well may be out (8-8). SO, we control our own destiny in a way. Just win! That's it.
I like it! C'mon Fish let's see you work your magic on this super young team and turn them into one of the most dominating forces known to proffessional sports and shock the motherfucking world!! :sly:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The only thing that matters to me right now is a meaning game 17. If the Rams could rob Seattle of home field advantage in a hard fought battle right in front of their fans, that would make it all worth it.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Thor, I paused a minute before replying to your post....while I can appreciate your particular philosophy of hope or as you put it; an aversion to "utter defeatist attitudes", I don't personally support your contention that iBruce's opinions are "defeatist" or that he should be discouraged for as you put it "broadcasting" his opinions.

Frankly, I'm getting a bit put off by the "thought and speech police" that seems to be over taking this site (albeit well intended). The fact of the matter is, whether you use stats or history, barring a miracle and complete breakdown by the teams in front, the Rams have virtually no chance of making the playoff's this season. What I fail to understand is why anyone would bother to take exception to comments that state this reality.

IMO, iBruce is only stating what many of us already acknowledge and accept about the remainder of the season. Our expectations at the beginning of the season included the hope that the rams would play division leaders tough and that with a bit of luck, the possibility for a wild card spot existed. Reality set in when Bradford went down and anyone who believed other wise were whistling past the graveyard.

There's certainly nothing wrong with an individual holding out hope even in the face of reality. What I take exception to is the suggestion that others cannot or should not express their disappointment or lack of optimism in the face of this teams record. Each of us handles disappointment differently. Some hold out hope until the metrics prove otherwise, while others see the end game and acknowledge it before the fat lady clears her throat.

In iBruce's case, I think he expressed well both his acceptance of the situation and his willingness to enjoy the good times that remain, while accepting the end result. This team has a lot of work to do, let's hope that what remains of this season will enable Fisher and company to better evaluate their personnel needs going forward.
Dealing with just the bolded parts of your post the first ........terming things that is itself a form of what it describes
Second part the Redskins made the playoffs after being 3-6 last year so it is precedented from a more difficult position that we are now in in the recent past ,THAT'S REALITY,DESPAIR set in when Bradford went down,I've recovered from it,I encourage others to follow suit.