Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Guess that full year suspension was not a slam dunk after all
The NFL’s appeal may have indeed resulted in the suspension being increased to a full season but the NFLPA would have challenged that; and it may have gone to court. It would have been another step but not closure, with no certainty as to timing or result.

This is about all parties trying to get closure.

Not expressing any opinion on whether it’s good or fair or unjust or sad.

Tano

Legend
The NFL’s appeal may have indeed resulted in the suspension being increased to a full season but the NFLPA would have challenged that; and it may have gone to court. It would have been another step but not closure, with no certainty as to timing or result.

Oh I agree - I was just making fun of the person who stated that it was a slam dunk

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It was going to be a ten game suspension, but the league needed that extra push over the cliff.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Watson Lover!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not. Enough. Should've been the whole year, plus playoffs.

At least it's better than it was originally.

Tano

Legend
Oh I agree - I was just making fun of the person who stated that it was a slam dunk
And it would be nice if they were forced to make a retraction for statements like slam dunk and it doesn't turn out that way

"I was wrong. I was stupid for coming out with that statement and should be forced to do penance of some sort (tbd) for my stupidity."

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Missing the issue regarding the year long slam dunk. It was a slam dunk likely upon overturn. That’s why Watson took the 11 game deal. There’s no way he agrees from 6 to now 11, unless there was a serious and real threat of it getting changed to a full year on appeal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope this has teeth.

I will say that the Browns statements about this today make it pretty easy for me to say I just won't watch any games involving the Brownpants. Period.

Fuck that team.

Fixed. Because they certainly shit the bed with their tone-deaf response.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The fine is a whopping 2% of his $230M gaurantee.

Tano

Legend
Disgusting that they gamed the system this way.

Disgusting.
GIF by Giphy QA

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The NFL is all about ratings even when they’re suspending superstars. It’s no coincidence that it’s an 11 gm suspension rather than 10 or 12. His first gm back vs Houston.

Eyeroll

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The NFL is all about ratings even when they’re suspending superstars. It’s no coincidence that it’s an 11 gm suspension rather than 10 or 12. His first gm back vs Houston.

Eyeroll
Thats a good catch.

Yep, he will be back in time to play the Texans, in Texas, Dec-04. Doesn’t seem like a coincidence.