Watson to Cleveland - Fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Turducken

Starter
aren't the millions he paid in settlements enough for these people? never enough for the fake horror people out there.

He also lost a year of play (in his prime) while this was investigated (but that was partly on him for demanding a trade). But if there was no scandal, he would have found a trade partner last season and earned another $40m+. I expect his total settlement was north of $15m. Add in his own legal fees and I'm guessing he lost almost $60m over this. I don't feel sorry for him (at all) but I'm tired of listening to people demand more punishment as some form of "justice".

Here's what I know:

1. Watson's an asshat (he and the Browns deserve each other).

2. His victims were well compensated.

3. He took his lumps and will carry a Mike Vick-ish stigma forever.

4. The NFL should turn the page already.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm gonna be actively rooting against these fucks from here on out. I've always disliked them, but I think that has grown a bit this offseason. :crap:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just have a feeling this will turn out very Browns in the end.

Other than that, everyone seems to have deserved each other.

Sorry to sound crass but does anyone get cum on by surprise unless maybe they're sleeping?

Does anyone wonder why the Browns structured his contract the way they did?

Do I give two shits about those involved? Nope.

dang

Legend
Thought experiment:

If there was a WNBA star who routinely sought out good-looking masseurs, begged for happy endings during massage and then rebooked only the ones who consented; would we even care? (aside from the titillating story)

I'm guessing it wouldn’t be characterized as "sexual assault". She would be widely ridiculed (which should happen to Watson) but the whole throw-this-sexual-predator-out-of-the-league angle wouldn't come into play.
I am confident Watson found some who consented (probably for more $$$). This likely encouraged Watson to seek similar sessions with others. The issue is many of them did not consent but Watson proceeded with his sexual misconduct. It’s 2022 and like it or not ‘No’ means ‘No’.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
‘No’ means ‘No’.
1659508397840.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The shit is about to hit the fan.

Their leniency on the deviant owners will come back and bite the nfl in the arse. This thing will definitely head to court.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's better, but still sort of light...
The whole situation sucks for fans. They've done such a shitty job of handling suspensions they can't do anything right plus they have to do them so that the union won't appeal their decisions or sue the league. So imagine this, the league goes through with the above offer. NFLPA rejects that and sues. Watson plays week one.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole situation sucks for fans. They've done such a shitty job of handling suspensions they can't do anything right plus they have to do them so that the union won't appeal their decisions or sue the league. So imagine this, the league goes through with the above offer. NFLPA rejects that and sues. Watson plays week one.
If that happens, the booing will be unmerciful for Watson and the Browns, and I'll be one of them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If that happens, the booing will be unmerciful for Watson and the Browns, and I'll be one of them.
It should be no matter what the outcome of the suspension is. The Texans enabled him and turned the other way. The Browns knew about this and not only traded for him but gave him that huge contract. The NFLPA knows he did this shit and are likely going to fight for his right to play and get a minimal suspension. The only people that seem to be angry at him are fans, even a lot of Browns fans, and the NFL. But the NFL is also hypocritical because of their inconsistent punishments for a long time.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It should be no matter what the outcome of the suspension is. The Texans enabled him and turned the other way. The Browns knew about this and not only traded for him but gave him that huge contract. The NFLPA knows he did this shit and are likely going to fight for his right to play and get a minimal suspension. The only people that seem to be angry at him are fans, even a lot of Browns fans, and the NFL. But the NFL is also hypocritical because of their inconsistent punishments for a long time.
The Browns even structured his deal so that he barely loses any money, even if he's suspended a year. I think that's part of the reason the NFL wants him to fine him $8 mil.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Browns even structured his deal so that he barely loses any money, even if he's suspended a year. I think that's part of the reason the NFL wants him to fine him $8 mil.
Absolutely, personally and I don't know off the top of my head what the number would be, but my fine would be this years portion of his signing bonus.

PS ok just looked at it that would be just under $9 million, that sounds reasonable to me.