Was anyone else irritated by Faulk & Holt last night?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't get me wrong. Love both of those guys to death. But man they just didn't have anything positive to say about anybody last night. No matter what kind of play it was, they had a way to do it better. And they were right of course, but it just started to rub me the wrong way how it was all about their experience/teaching prowess instead of the game itself.

Just me, probably.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I kinda felt that way to. Only love I can remember them showing was to Watts and Donald. And they loved the Givens td. Besides that they were down on us. Which is understandable.

Athos

Legend
Hilt is irritating but I love Faulks analysis. This team hasn't really been good enough to sugarcoat things.

Why talk up shitty play?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now please don't lambaste me for this, but there might be some ill feeling looming over the possible relocation....Holt and Faulk were St. Louis Rams and I'm sure want them to stay in the Gateway City.

Again not trying to start anything just putting it out there as a possibility besides the fact that the Rams just don't look that good.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I agree that Torry is absolutely BRUTAL as a commentator. Faulk is great tho very knowledgeable.

Big Willie

Starter
Marshall and Torry are not good analysts. They add no value to telecasts. I turned off my sound at one point due to the lack of coherent sentences and meaningful insight from either of them. They are another reason preseason is too long. Dani K. Did a good job from the sidelines however.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Now please don't lambaste me for this, but there might be some ill feeling looming over the possible relocation....Holt and Faulk were St. Louis Rams and I'm sure want them to stay in the Gateway City.

Again not trying to start anything just putting it out there as a possibility besides the fact that the Rams just don't look that good.
Elephant in the room brought to you by Den!

I didn't take particular issue but I didn't really pay that much attention I guess. I do remember the word of the day..."tempo".

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Marshall and Torry are not good analysts. They add no value to telecasts. I turned off my sound at one point due to the lack of coherent sentences and meaningful insight from either of them. They are another reason preseason is too long. Dani K. Did a good job from the sidelines however.
I don't know about that. But to each there own.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hilt is irritating but I love Faulks analysis. This team hasn't really been good enough to sugarcoat things.

Why talk up crappy play?
I'm not saying they should have sugar coated anything. I was talking about how they were constantly expressing how things should be done. Not a lot of color commentators constantly talk about how they'd do things differently and giggle about how stupid it looked otherwise. I mean, a lot of those guys are rookies, so they're gonna look like it at times.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Don't get me wrong. Love both of those guys to death. But man they just didn't have anything positive to say about anybody last night. No matter what kind of play it was, they had a way to do it better. And they were right of course, but it just started to rub me the wrong way how it was all about their experience/teaching prowess instead of the game itself.

Just me, probably.
Didn't hear the broadcast but i have a hard time listening to Holt anyway. His broadcasting skills are terrible(the basic fundamentals). It's very hard for him to finish a complete sentence without fumbling.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I was talking about how they were constantly expressing how things should be done.

That's what I do with young people.

8iwNh8w.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
Had no problem with the broadcasting team at all for a preseason game. Some of the play on the field? Now that's another story.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well, at least I think we can all agree that they were better than having to listen to Kosar......

Love listening to Faulk btw. Most in depth and knowledgeable imo. holt has a ways to go.

jjab360

Legend
Not really. Faulk always says something that makes me think, Holt obviously needs some work but not enough for it to bother me, tbh. The way Siciliano tied it all together made for a very easy to listen to broadcast for me, personally.

Do I seriously need to remind you guys of the Bernie Kosar fiasco again? Really?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not really. Faulk always says something that makes me think, Holt obviously needs some work but not enough for it to bother me, tbh. The way Siciliano tied it all together made for a very easy to listen to broadcast for me, personally.

Do I seriously need to remind you guys of the Bernie Kosar fiasco again? Really?
Siciliano is pretty good. I don't mind him at all.

TheBunk

Rookie
I prefer their bluntness over the rose colored analysis that we hear on a team like the Cowboys. Their champions and expect more from us. They do give compliments though.