Waiver Claims / Practice Squad news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
..seriously?

Nah, something I do all the time when I am introduced to several people to break the ice (corporate) most know I'm a vet and I pick out one person that I have communicated with, but never actually met and add "We go way back, in fact, we were both in (insert city) together."

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Didn't Grigsby pull up lame vs Minny? I remember the disappointment on his face as if it were serious?

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the shelf

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Didn't Grigsby pull up lame vs Minny? I remember the disappointment on his face as if it were serious?

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the shelf

Didn't catch that in the game, but good catch...I still think bringing back Ayers will lead to one of the linebackers on the PS, does not necessarily mean they will release Chubb, but it's not really the final 53, it's the "Current" 53!

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
With Ayers coming back I believe it will be a LB not sure if it will be Grigsby or Littleton and with Thomas most likely a WR and one would surmise, it would be Quick.

I think it will be a LB and an OL (Murphy or Arkin). Rams have 3 injuries to WR (Cooper, Spruce and Marquez). Quick stays at least until one gets healthy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think it will be a LB and an OL (Murphy or Arkin). Rams have 3 injuries to WR (Cooper, Spruce and Marquez). Quick stays at least until one gets healthy.

Very True, @BonifayRam communicated about Arkin, IMO, Pace Murphy stays because of his ability to play LT.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Very True, @BonifayRam communicated about Arkin, IMO, Pace Murphy stays because of his ability to play LT.

David Arkin was the quick twitch replacement for the loss of Garrett Reynolds & same might be said for Pace Murphy who replaced the IR'd OLT Darrell Williams. Boudreau could find a WWC later to replace OG Arkin skills if they need a roster spot now. Finding a OLT is a whole different story.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
David Arkin was the quick twitch replacement for the loss of Garrett Reynolds & same might be said for Pace Murphy who replaced the IR'd OLT Darrell Williams. Boudreau could find a WWC later to replace OG Arkin skills if they need a roster spot now. Finding a OLT is a whole different story.

I think Saffold is first up at LT, so I could see it being either Arkin or Murphy, depends on who the coaches like better.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Well, there are far more players so the odds are far better, for example there are only 64 first or second round picks each year for every team whereas every team will bring in 15-20 UDRFA's for example.

I get that but the 64 guys in 1 and 2 always make the team. Not every team keeps 1-2 udfa each year.

More telling is the staying power. The numbers Shefter mentions means we have 7.5 full years of 1-2s on NFL rosters. That doesn't seem like a lot to me.

Lot of busts out there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think Saffold is first up at LT, so I could see it being either Arkin or Murphy, depends on who the coaches like better.

I would say you are 100% correct on the Saffold being the top OLT on this roster. In fact Saffold has played that role since Fisher arrived. But if you release Murphy you now have no other OL'ers on this team who can play OLT other than Saffold who many here think will start @ OG. Not having another OL'er on your team who can emergency stop gap @ OLT is not sound roster management.

On the other hand if you release Arkin who is a back up to both OG posts & emergency center your not in the same predicament because Boudreau has other reserve OL'ers who can easily take the place of his skill-set like Donnal, Wichmann or even Rhaney who all would be reserves if Saffold starts @ OLG.

To me its a easy pick here Murphy stays & Arkin would be released. It not like there would be many ball-clubs ready to pounce & sign David Arkin. Good chance David will be available later if his services are once again needed.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lot of busts out there.

Just underscores that the draft is a crap shoot, you just truly never know that is why over the years I have been as excited about the UDRFA's as I have been about the draft picks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just underscores that the draft is a crap shoot, you just truly never know that is why over the years I have been as excited about the UDRFA's as I have been about the draft picks.
So true den.. Snead has 13 UDFA's here on this 53 player roster that he is responsible for. Plus another 4 or 5 UDFA's on the last PS I saw.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Actually I believe if they bring back Ayers for example and release Littleton then I belive they will bring back Littleton to the PS and release somebody else on the PS. Don't know if that what you meant because you lost me at beer.
Last I counted we still had room for one more on the PS, so we wouldn't have to cut anyone from their just yet!;)

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

To me its a easy pick here Murphy stays & Arkin would be released. It not like there would be many ball-clubs ready to pounce & sign David Arkin. Good chance David will be available later if his services are once again needed.

Not many clubs are looking to pounce on Murphy either. Arkin played more snaps than any offensive player in the preseason. I think the coaches saw something in him and like him. Murphy on the other hand barely played at all, he got 10 snaps combined the Kansas City and Vikings game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not many clubs are looking to pounce on Murphy either. Arkin played more snaps than any offensive player in the preseason. I think the coaches saw something in him and like him. Murphy on the other hand barely played at all, he got 10 snaps combined the Kansas City and Vikings game.
What about the other half of the pre season?

David Arkin has been around the NFL since 2011. He has dressed for one game. he does have the benefit of being on five different NFL teams PS unit. Murphy is brand new to the NFL & has very little experience...but it his position he plays puts him in this conversation. Boudreau loves versatile OL'ers that's the plain truth & he's into reimbursing them.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I know, many of you hope for Quick.
Not me....And of those who hope for Quick's demise...
show.php

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
"DITTO" in regards to your UDRFA's comment!!(y);):D