Waiver Claims / Practice Squad news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I saw the tweet saying Cam Thomas was being re-signed by the Rams, but many here are also saying Ayers is also coming back. What is the source for that statement?

Jeff Fisher's press conference.

While we’ve seen the Los Angeles Rams set their 53-man roster, as well as their practice squad over the past two days, it seems as though the drama isn’t finished just yet.

At least, not if you ask head coach Jeff Fisher. According to Myles Simmons of the team’s official website, Fisher stated that the team is ‘not done’ when it comes to making roster moves.

He also made a statement that probably left a few players on the current 53-man roster a bit concerned. Fisher made it known that this group of players is not going to be the one that the team is heading to San Francisco for Week 1 with.

Via Jack Wang of the Los Angeles Daily News:

It’s a pair of interesting quotes from Fisher, as you really have to wonder what all of this means. Realistically, how much could the roster change within the next few days? While we’ve seen a few surprising cuts and changes to other team’s rosters, the Rams haven’t made any moves themselves to this point.

Keep an eye on Los Angeles for the next week, because we could be in for a ride.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Quick for a starting SSLB? Sounds like this potential trade could turn into Alex Barron for Barbie. Two underachievers being exchanged.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RAMS SIGN THREE TO COMPLETE PRACTICE SQUAD

LOS ANGELES - The Rams added the following players to their practice squad, the team announced Monday. Los Angeles currently has 10 players on its practice squad.

DB Blake Countess (Auburn)

DB Isaiah Johnson (Georgia Tech)

TE Bryce Williams (East Carolina)

Los Angeles Rams 10-man practice squad:

T Isaiah Battle (Clemson)

LB Brandon Chubb (Wake Forest)

DE Morgan Fox (Colorado State Pueblo)

RB Aaron Green (TCU)

DB Michael Jordan (Missouri Western)
RB Terrence Magee (LSU)

WR Paul McRoberts (Southeast Missouri State)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Bruce2980

Starter
I like seeing 3 DBs on the practice squad, GW has a proven eye, still would like to see Seau on it also.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RAMS SIGN THREE TO COMPLETE PRACTICE SQUAD

LOS ANGELES - The Rams added the following players to their practice squad, the team announced Monday. Los Angeles currently has 10 players on its practice squad.

Los Angeles Rams 10-man practice squad:

T Isaiah Battle (Clemson)

LB Brandon Chubb (Wake Forest)

DE Morgan Fox (Colorado State Pueblo)

RB Aaron Green (TCU)

DB Michael Jordan (Missouri Western)
RB Terrence Magee (LSU)

WR Paul McRoberts (Southeast Missouri State)

Oh, hey, we got Bryce Williams. I like that.

…..

Legend
Love adding the DB's but see ZERO reasoning behind Magee being on the squad. Theres nothing I saw that he can do better than Aaron Green. In fact, a pretty good argument could have been made to have Green on the active roster.

Duke Williams could easily be on the squad instead of McRoberts and I wouldn't notice a thing.

but its all bleh....bottom of the roster stuff. If these guys are needed, then someone got injured so that aint good.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I look for The Rams to deal for a WR.

I'm all for this too but I just don't see it happening. If the rams were gonna make a significant trade for a #1 WR I would think they would have done it by now so they could get the guy in and get him familiar with the play book and whoever is gonna be throwing him the ball on sundays. I sure hope I'm wrong.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/isaiah-johnson?id=2553291

Analysis of Isaiah Johnson Strong Safety
Strengths
Productive tackler and three-year starter. All-time leader in Georgia Tech history in tackles for a defensive back with 283. When in position, will make square, physical hits to end the play. Comes from high to low quickly and under control. Uses length to close down running lanes toward sidelines. Monitors quarterback's eyes from zone coverage and shows discipline in his coverage. Outstanding work ethic. Great student on and off field with his master's in building and facility management.
Weaknesses
Slow twitch. Lacking athleticism to be consistent factor in space. Can be a step slow to find proper angle for downhill tackle, missing 12 in 2014. Gets preoccupied with receiver and doesn't maintain enough focus on running plays developing. Slow lateral transition, allowing separation for receivers. Feet get too heavy when asked to fire on throws and close the distance.
Draft Projection

Priority free agent
Bottom Line
Played in space and near the line of scrimmage, but he's best suited in a role that limits what is asked of him from a coverage standpoint. His intelligence, work ethic and play demeanor will all work in his favor, but his lack of functional speed and athleticism will not.

lockdnram21

Legend
Quick for a starting SSLB? Sounds like this potential trade could turn into Alex Barron for Barbie. Two underachievers being exchanged.
I don't think Quick going anywhere. Once Cooper and Spruce is good I think Marques gets cut