Waiver Claims / Practice Squad news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys don't freak around.
Information is power. The power of ROD.
image.gif

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Battle, Jordan and Chubb. Good start so far

Battle? I'm not sure..... did you see him against the Vikings? DE's, 2nd & 3rd team, drove him back into the QB and went around him on numerous occasions. He didn't look like he belonged on the field.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
if they dont sign a safety to the active roster. The last spot has to be a safety only three on the active roster way too thin there.

Some people keep saying Joyner at Safety, but has he even taken snap at safety in an NFL practice let alone a game? He's played more snaps on the outside than safety. Real concerning trying to rely on a guy who has never played safety as key depth.
Rodney McLeod & Lamarcus Joyner flipped positions often late last season in several late season games. We saw it in the chat & discussed it there.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Battle? I'm not sure..... did you see him against the Vikings? DE's, 2nd & 3rd team, drove him back into the QB and went around him on numerous occasions. He didn't look like he belonged on the field.

Agreed. But he has monster potential. Which is what the practice squad is for. If he can get his form corrected, he could be a solid player imo.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They accept that this is a lost year, with Wentz eventually getting playing experience.

40-yard dash: 4.48 seconds
Vertical: 36 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 1 inch
Short shuttle: 4.19 seconds
3-cone: 6.85 seconds
Bench: 21 reps of 225 pounds
measurables baby!!!! plus great tape...from huge conferences....win-win!!! Kinda like the ECU kid too...still wonder why they didn't grab the guy from S. Carolina?

So have we washed our hands of Duke completely?
After that ST's gaff....I knew...no tackles on ST either....Those big drops....damn shame too...telling you, that guy has talent too...

No real surprises yet...well, the surprises are, I don't understand the balance and depth...too many wrs...too few safeties....cut our starting SLB....Grigsby looked good but damn?!? Doesn't he at least need a game with the starters? Or is Forrest the SLB? Still surprised that they kept both Joyner and Coty....thought they were gonna send a message...I WOULD sign Dee Millner over either of those too..Or I'd deal for the Philly CB Rowe...he's not that bad...

The main deal I wanted, why NOT trade for DGB?!? Why NOT grab Justin Hunter? And Kush getting cut....travesty...dude had a great personality...was good for Goff...and tried to dominate his man every play..not just "wall" him off....move him...and Williams goes to the IR...really? Damn shame about Reynolds too...but at least Havenstein is back...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very, very happy that they added Bryce Williams. He is a guy that I went on about in the draft section, and I wanted them to consider him in that round 4 range (didn't think there was any way Higbee would be there). The dude has great hands, and he's a big WR much like Higbee that is a matchup problem for most LBs and smaller safeties.

I'm actually surprised the Pats cut him. He was one of the last two Belichick agonized over, according to a bud of mine who knew I wanted the Rams to draft him. The reason I liked BW so much is because he fits what the Rams want to do, dude is another anti-Cook.

Countess is another quality addition that fits. Small and scrappy but he's also got some ball skills; the dude has a great feel and if Sensabaugh doesn't learn how to look for the effin ball when it's in the air he's not gonna last in this defense.

Something has happened to their evaluation ability with TEs though, IMO. Taking Higbee was brilliant, and having a TE like Williams on the PS is money.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
he Los Angeles Rams are re-signing veteran DL Cam Thomas, according to his agent David Canter.

DEC Management @davidcanter
Congratulations to #TeamDEC client @Zilla9396 Cam Thomas who will resign with the @RamsNFL tomorrow!

9:04 PM - 4 Sep 2016
I wonder who gets released. Between he and Ayers I am sure they plotted this out. Littleton? And a WR? I know, many of you hope for Quick.

:rant:Drop that third string QB Goff. He can't hit the broad side of a barn!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wonder who gets released. Between he and Ayers I am sure they plotted this out. Littleton? And a WR? I know, many of you hope for Quick.

With Ayers coming back I believe it will be a LB not sure if it will be Grigsby or Littleton and with Thomas most likely a WR and one would surmise, it would be Quick. I liked they way Thomas competed in preseason and I disagree with others because I believe the Rams need a big body behind Brockers, although I do believe Thomas needs to drop 30 pounds or so.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
With Ayers coming back I believe it will be a LB not sure if it will be Grigsby or Littleton and with Thomas most likely a WR and one would surmise, it would be Quick. I liked they way Thomas competed in preseason and I disagree with others because I believe the Rams need a big body behind Brockers, although I do believe Thomas needs to drop 30 pounds or so.
Part of the "plotting" too, I would imagine, would be to drop a player off the roster, rather than set off a practice squad shuffle, unnecessarily.

In other words, maybe the appearance of a guy "making" the 53, (Littleton?) might have been a sham over his buddy who was signed to the practice squad, (Chubb?) who actually was more valued. Make sense?

:burp: "Sorta like that time you paid that fat kid Larry Mondello 5 bucks to stand in line for you, Roman, while you ran across the street to down a beer?"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Part of the "plotting" too, I would imagine, would be to drop a player off the roster, rather than set off a practice squad shuffle, unnecessarily.

Actually I believe if they bring back Ayers for example and release Littleton then I belive they will bring back Littleton to the PS and release somebody else on the PS. Don't know if that what you meant because you lost me at beer.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Actually I believe if they bring back Ayers for example and release Littleton then I belive they will bring back Littleton to the PS and release somebody else on the PS. Don't know if that what you meant because you lost me at beer.
Haha. I tend to do that. Maybe I am giving them too much credit for thinking ahead, like Chess. I thought maybe rather than disrupt positioning and causing too many moving parts, (these are real people, too, with hopes and dreams of making the team) they might look ahead to these resignings and "plant" guys on the 53 that will just get dropped, rather than drop them to PS, and drop a guy off PS to the street. Make sense?

**edit: and my Larry Mondello illustration was solid, I'll have you know. :sneaky: