Wagoner/JT Tweets on Fisher's Comments from Owners Meetings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
JB wasn't an option at his initial asking price but now that his asking price is more in line with what he actually brings to the table he's looking like a player they can use. Probably looking at him as a backup.
Backup to the DL selection at 10?

Alan

Legend
Rmfnlt wondering where I accumulated all my wisdom:
where did they teach you coach speak? :)
Years of meditation on a mountain top. That and all the practice I've had trying to make sense out of all the nonsensical things my ex-wives have said to me.
man-on-mountain-top.jpg

“I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time" so I ordered French toast during the Renaissance.”
Steven Wright

Alan

Legend
CodeMonkey confused as to where JB fits in the larger picture:
Backup to the DL selection at 10?
I'm not sure who'll he'll be backing up but as he's been learning plumbing during the off season so I'm sure he'll come in handy somewhere.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher again expresses confidence in Barrett Jones and mentions second-year Demetrius Rhaney as an option at center.

He wont say any different. Why make teams you draft against think you are desperate for a center?

Fisher says WR Brian Quick coming along and he is "starting to see the light." Didn't commit to Quick being ready for camp yet, though.

Starting to see the light. Not a ringing endorsement. Should have seen the light already. But the injury is a mulligan. But may not be ready for camp. Sounds like WR could be on the draft board.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Was Quicks injury that bad? I mean I had shoulder surgery and was fine about 3 months later.

The doctors words were that when he opened Quicks shoulder it 'looked like spaghetti'

Whoops saw this posted after I replied.

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
One more quick housecleaning item: Fisher said CB E.J. Gaines is fully recovered from late-season concussion. Will compete for outside job.

As in a starter outside? I hope. Has the best DB instincts on the team.

Fisher says it "would not be inconceivable" for the Rams to draft a DE at 10th pick

Go home, Fisher. You're fucking drunk. I will reap hell on earth if we spend a 1st rounder on the defensive side of the ball again.

Yes, his shoulder was torn to shreds, he ruined everything inside of his shoulder, which is why WR is a viable option. It's good to hear he's doing well, if he was a pitcher in baseball, his career would probably be over.

I've grown weary of relying on guys that have suffered gruesome injuries. This plays a big part in my interest in Cooper or DGB. You just really don't know what Quick will still offer until he sees a real game and competes against the Hags and Cards again.

A couple more things from Fisher on the OL: He acknowledged that there are "some things" they could still do in FA, not just Barksdale.

Gimme Blalock or somehow get Mathis for reasonableness and we are wide open for the draft.

jjab360

Legend
What the hell
Mark it down, Snisher's going to fall in love with superfreak Bud Dupree and draft him at 1o overall. Everyone's going to be like "OMG another DL :rolleyes:". Then when Quinn, Donald, Fairley, and Dupree (all DL who weren't really considered needs when we acquired them) take us to the Super Bowl in a few years, everyone's going to be like "Oh, I see it now (y)".

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think JB will be given every chance to win that job, but there will be competition.

Depending on FA and how the draft shakes out, I could see the Rams going WR at #10.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'm not sure who'll he'll be backing up but as he's been learning plumbing during the off season so I'm sure he'll come in handy somewhere.
Ha ha. It's good to have a fall back plan.

Alan

Legend
jjab360 just getting back from his camping trip in the woods:
Mark it down, Snisher's going to fall in love with superfreak Bud Dupree and draft him at 1o overall. Everyone's going to be like "OMG another DL :rolleyes:". Then when Quinn, Donald, Fairley, and Dupree (all DL who weren't really considered needs when we acquired them) take us to the Super Bowl in a few years, everyone's going to be like "Oh, I see it now (y)".
images

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I think JB will be given every chance to win that job, but there will be competition.

Depending on FA and how the draft shakes out, I could see the Rams going WR at #10.

I wanted the Rams to trade back our Robinson pick last year to the Bills, and take either Mike Evans or Beckham with the pick, in that order... I was perturbed:mad: when we drafted Greg Robinson...I threw a hissy fit, but I'm over it now, and I welcome Greg...(y)

Long story short, that's my excuse for not handing in my 2015 scouting homework. I didn't get my way and...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvujknrBuE

So Mackeyser, which WR do you like the most at #10? White or Cooper? How does your guy compare to 2014 crop of Watkins, Evans, and Beckham?

Last edited:

Athos

Legend

If it takes another few years to get to the SB, you can damn be sure Snisher won't be around to see it. :confused:

beej

Rookie
If it takes another few years to get to the SB, you can damn be sure Snisher won't be around to see it. :confused:
hmmm.... I don't think they have to get to the superbowl to keep their jobs. but the playoffs are a must.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I wanted the Rams to trade back our Robinson pick last year to the Bills, and take either Mike Evans or Beckham with the pick, in that order... I was perturbed:mad: when we drafted Greg Robinson...I threw a hissy fit, but I'm over it now, and I welcome Greg...(y)

Long story short, that's my excuse for not handing in my 2015 scouting homework. That and...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvujknrBuE

So Mackeyser, which WR do you like the most at #10? White or Cooper? How does your guy compare to 2014 crop of Watkins, Evans, and Beckham?

Well, bonus points for the Blues Brothers clip...

Cooper is the best WR coming out and it's not really close. White's speed has put him at 1, but unless he's in that right situation, he'll struggle like all rookies do. The WR with the biggest ceiling is probably DGB... He's a damned monster, a legit 6'5" with hands, size and movement such that he's not a glorified TE.

I'd go with Cooper if he's there at 10 because the Rams are so close and Cooper really is "shades of Holt" except bigger.

Agamemnon

Rookie
Well, bonus points for the Blues Brothers clip...

Cooper is the best WR coming out and it's not really close. White's speed has put him at 1, but unless he's in that right situation, he'll struggle like all rookies do. The WR with the biggest ceiling is probably DGB... He's a damned monster, a legit 6'5" with hands, size and movement such that he's not a glorified TE.

I'd go with Cooper if he's there at 10 because the Rams are so close and Cooper really is "shades of Holt" except bigger.
That is exactly how I think, Mac.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I knew his shoulder was bad but I've never heard of someone taking so long to heal. I really hope he comes back healthy and strong.
Some of the worst joint injuries are to the shoulder & require the longest rehab...If compared to knees or hips, there is no doubt in my mind that the shoulder is the toughest to regain full function.

Snisher's going to fall in love with superfreak Bud Dupree and draft him at 1o overall.
I sure like Bud...In all actuality, some of the top OLB's, WR's, LB's, are really close in my estimation to BPA's in the top 10....The DE's (RB's too) are just deep with average talent and a few (2?) elite athletes. You really can't be mad if they go BPA by their own Rams board. OL top players are not really close to those positions in terms of elite talent.