Wagoner/JT Tweets on Fisher's Comments from Owners Meetings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Fisher again expresses confidence in Barrett Jones and mentions second-year Demetrius Rhaney as an option at center.

A couple more things from Fisher on the OL: He acknowledged that there are "some things" they could still do in FA, not just Barksdale.

Fisher says WR Brian Quick coming along and he is "starting to see the light." Didn't commit to Quick being ready for camp yet, though.

Fisher says Akeem Ayers will be versatile piece and will compete with Jo-Lonn Dunbar for starting job.

Asked about adding a QB in the draft Fisher said Foles trade changes nothing about approach to draft in that regard.

Jeff Fisher says things could pick up on adding OL after these meetings. Says talks ongoing with OT Joe Barksdale.

Fisher said initial asking price for Barksdale was a little surprising but that has settled some and now "it makes sense to get Joe back."

=======
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

He conceded the help wanted sign is up on the offensive line and said team will return to looking for help their via free agency next week.

Jeff Fisher just completed his session at NFC coaches breakfast. Among the highlights he said trade for Foles doesn't less need to draft QB.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

One more quick housecleaning item: Fisher said CB E.J. Gaines is fully recovered from late-season concussion. Will compete for outside job.

Another note from Fisher: Rams made addition to the defensive staff. Jeff Imamura is new defensive assistant, replacing nobody. Just added.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

Jeff Fisher on LA situation being a possible distraction for his players "I've had some discussions with the players."

Jeff Fisher on trading to bring back Case Keenum "He was available and we wanted him back."

Jeff Fisher on Case Keenum, who'll compete with Austin Davis behind Nick Foles: "We really like Case."

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot

#rams HC fisher said #browns never offered the No. 12 pick for bradford. Several things discussed, never a player.

ryan van bibber @justRVB

Fisher says Rams will use Nick Fairley in a similar role as Kendall Langford last year

Fisher says it "would not be inconceivable" for the Rams to draft a DE at 10th pick

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Was Quicks injury that bad? I mean I had shoulder surgery and was fine about 3 months later.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Was Quicks injury that bad? I mean I had shoulder surgery and was fine about 3 months later.
Yes, his shoulder was torn to shreds, he ruined everything inside of his shoulder, which is why WR is a viable option. It's good to hear he's doing well, if he was a pitcher in baseball, his career would probably be over.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

If I remember correctly Fisher said Quick's shoulder suffered the most significant injury a shoulder could suffer. So yea it was pretty bad.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
NFC coaches breakfast? That sounds fun.

I bet the AFC coaches feel differently.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
idk where I read it but some comment was along the lines of Quick's shoulder looking like spaghetti on the inside when they cut it open.

iced

Fisher said before "he did everything you could about do to a shoulder"

I've 2 surgeries on my right shoulder - 1) an acromioplasty (bone spurs) and a rotator cuff ; 2) bankhurt surgery (tore the bursa sack)

First one they cut open my shoulder, 2nd one was arthroscopic. 1st one was about a year or so for full recovery w/ 4-5 months in a sling.... 2nd one was about 4 months for recovery. although i will say the 2nd doc was much better and came with better credentials (he was a surgeon for div 1 college football players)

been wondering if they did quick's arthroscopic or if they opened him up... hope it was the former

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Fisher again expresses confidence in Barrett Jones and mentions second-year Demetrius Rhaney as an option at center.
Well, those guys better start worrying!

A couple more things from Fisher on the OL: He acknowledged that there are "some things" they could still do in FA, not just Barksdale.
Jeff Fisher says things could pick up on adding OL after these meetings. Says talks ongoing with OT Joe Barksdale.
Fisher said initial asking price for Barksdale was a little surprising but that has settled some and now "it makes sense to get Joe back."

I don't know how to decifer coach speak... the first sentence makes me think Barksdale is not an option.
But, then the other sentences seem to contradict that?
Anyone know how to translate this for me?

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm thrilled to hear that they're not done with the o-line yet. I was starting to get a little worried.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yes, his shoulder was torn to shreds, he ruined everything inside of his shoulder, which is why WR is a viable option. It's good to hear he's doing well, if he was a pitcher in baseball, his career would probably be over.

If I remember correctly Fisher said Quick's shoulder suffered the most significant injury a shoulder could suffer. So yea it was pretty bad.

idk where I read it but some comment was along the lines of Quick's shoulder looking like spaghetti on the inside when they cut it open.

Fisher said before "he did everything you could about do to a shoulder"

I've 2 surgeries on my right shoulder - 1) an acromioplasty (bone spurs) and a rotator cuff ; 2) bankhurt surgery (tore the bursa sack)

First one they cut open my shoulder, 2nd one was arthroscopic. 1st one was about a year or so for full recovery w/ 4-5 months in a sling.... 2nd one was about 4 months for recovery. although i will say the 2nd doc was much better and came with better credentials (he was a surgeon for div 1 college football players)

been wondering if they did quick's arthroscopic or if they opened him up... hope it was the former
Well then I guess that answers my question lol
I knew his shoulder was bad but I've never heard of someone taking so long to heal. I really hope he comes back healthy and strong. I tore my labrum and was out about one month and did two months of rehab. But I also didn't have NFL doctors working on me lol

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Before:
images

After:
meat.jpg

Let's hope he can recover his shoulder back into a Porterhouse!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well then I guess that answers my question lol
I knew his shoulder was bad but I've never heard of someone taking so long to heal. I really hope he comes back healthy and strong. I tore my labrum and was out about one month and did two months of rehab. But I also didn't have NFL doctors working on me lol
I'd be blown away if he was ready by camp.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Fisher says it "would not be inconceivable" for the Rams to draft a DE at 10th pick

So if we take Fisher at his word, then our pick is likely to be one of Scherff, White, Cooper, Mariota, Collins? Not ruling out possibility of trade up/down/stay put.

Alan

Legend
Rmfnlt confused about the JB situation:
Stuff about JB.
JB wasn't an option at his initial asking price but now that his asking price is more in line with what he actually brings to the table he's looking like a player they can use. Probably looking at him as a backup.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So if we take Fisher at his word, then our pick is likely to be one of Scherff, White, Cooper, Mariota, Collins? Not ruling out possibility of trade up/down/stay put.
And I believe he said that it might rain the day of the draft... but, then again, it might not.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JB wasn't an option at his initial asking price but now that his asking price is more in line with what he actually brings to the table he's looking like a player they can use. Probably looking at him as a backup.
Thanks... where did they teach you coach speak? :)