Vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I forgot to mention this. But the truly biggest, game long disappointment here has to be the pass rush.

AD, Floyd, Miller against....not Trent Williams. And we got little pressure after the first half. Embarrassing.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I think I forgot to mention this. But the truly biggest, game long disappointment here has to be the pass rush.

AD, Floyd, Miller against....not Trent Williams. And we got little pressure after the first half. Embarrassing.
Hard to generate pass rush when your DBs are playing 7 yards off the WR and they short pass all the way down the field.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Everyone keeps saying it was a big mistake running it and punting when you have an investment like Stafford. But what about the other investments? Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Leonard Floyd and von Miller? Don't you think that in a pass only situation.. with 88 yards and no timeouts to go against a team missing it's LT.. that you can stop them and win the game? This is crazy post game bias.
Not saying the defense doesn't deserve blame but the coaching staff was fucking kidding themselves. The 49ers were fucking our defense up in the 2nd half. You have to go for the kill when that's happening plus the fact that we haven't beat em in forever. Even the series prior, we were lucky to stop them from scoring deep in our red zone thanks to a Ramsey pick. Sorry, but that showed the defense was most likely to get pushed around.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I totally agree with you. But I would have also been okay with a play action fake and telling Stafford to eat the sack if nobody was wide open. That said, the defense should have closed out the game with no problem.
Yes normally the defense should but how do they not see that our defense was getting punked the drive before Ramsey saved our asses with that interception? Got to at the very least go for the kill on offense. Rams coaching staff made the wrong call on the offensive side.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Yes normally the defense should but how do they not see that our defense was getting punked the drive before Ramsey saved our asses with that interception? Got to at the very least go for the kill on offense. Rams coaching staff made the wrong call on the offensive side.
The series before we had a 3 and out and a sack by Von....cant pick and choose drives you remember....

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't know how much clearer I can be.

THE DEFENSE FAILED IN THE 4TH.

My point is that THE OFFENSE FAILED AS WELL.

Don't want to see it? All good.

My point is that it's pretty clear that the team McVay has built cannot compete with the 9ers. The offense couldn't even get 300 yards today. Well over 100 yards less than SF and two turnovers. I don't have a big problem with the first one in that specific situation.. but the last one? Well.. why aren't we talking about that?

And.. again.. McVay's team.
I also acknowledged that the offense screwed up.

nighttrain

Legend
if Rams are ever again 3rd and one, and McVay calls a pass out of the gun, somebody please hit him in the head with a hammer, or me!

train

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
This game is comparable to only one other SF loss that I recall...Game 2 in 1989 at Anaheim. Rams dominated SF, up 21-3 at half and lost the game after a similar second-half of no offense and poor defensive play to lose by the same score of 27-24.

And the only other loss that ever made me even more pissed off was the NFC Championship shellacking at Candlestick.

I fking hate the Niners. So gawd dam much...

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The series before we had a 3 and out and a sack by Von....cant pick and choose drives you remember....
I'm not picking and choosing. Guess I'm just stating it wrong because we did get them the series before, but regardless of what happened, we were getting beat the hell up by their offense in the 2nd half. Pretty stupid to 100% rely on the defense. At least go for the 1st and live with what happens after that. The no nuts approach is what bothered me.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that’s why I like McVay but don’t love him.
And that's when I remind myself that he's still the youngest HC in the league. Cant imagine how great he'll be when he's got more experience

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I'm not picking and choosing. Guess I'm just stating it wrong because we did get them the series before, but regardless of what happened, we were getting beat the hell up by their offense in the 2nd half. Pretty stupid to 100% rely on the defense. At least go for the 1st and live with what happens after that. The no nuts approach is what bothered me.
I hear you, i wasn't upset running it 3 times to make em burn their TO's, we should have been able to prevent 88 yards....didnt happen. Lets get AZ now!!!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
people didnt think we were losing the game when we punted there.... no way.

I didn't wait that long. As soon as the 2nd crappy run play was over, I told my friend that if they do another run play like those 2, we're punting, and with the defense playing the way they were, I'd be surprised if the niners didn't tie it up, take all the momentum, and win it in OT.

Then I handed him the remote, for the remotes sake.

Mcvay needed to attack that first down as if his life depended on it, not as an obvious attempt to eat clock with the outside hope of getting the first down. And since eating clock was the plan, why was Matt snapping the ball with 12 seconds left and 9 seconds left. Details, man!

Ellard80

Legend
even after the fact that they had just gone 3 and out before that and got sacked?

There running game was killing us yeah.. but not the passing game.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I hear you, i wasn't upset running it 3 times to make em burn their TO's, we should have been able to prevent 88 yards....didnt happen. Lets get AZ now!!!
I'll say this, I was more upset we were even in that position in the first place. No way we should after being up 17-3 at the half. At least we didn't get blown out like the 1st time I guess. Definitely looking forward now since only the next game matters.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

This is what I really don't get. It's not as if Seattle or AZ are that much better in the trenches than the Rams, yet they were both able to sweep the 9ers and we go swept. What are the matchups that are killing us against them?

(Although yesterday's matchup between their offense and Raheem Marmie's prevent/soft zone was certainly one of them).

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Talk about embarrassing. Deebo Samuel runs his mouth all season about us and he's the one guy you let beat you all damn game. Absolutely pathetic and I want nothing to do with them in the playoffs. This was McVay's opportunity to get that losing to Shannahan monkey off his back AND send them packing, but nope. Troy Aikman was absolutely right in saying we lost a lot of momentum on that 3rd and 1 going empty to let them score before the half. Nothing more to say, speechless.
Fuck Samuel. I fucking hate that dickface.

Status
Not open for further replies.