Vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper Kupp earned his game check the rest I'm less sure about. Terrible performance from top to bottom and throw the refs in there who gave them that OT drive by failing to call holding it's just pathetic how bad we were and the refs were even worse.
Higbeast got two TD's. Homey earned his pay today...

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, being right means I'm right.

Arguing with some people who might have been dropped on their heads too many times shows I might also be insane.
I love people who have no clue what the difference between a belief and a fact is almost as much as I love people who knew they were right about something after the event.

When that drive started you knew nothing other than they were starting a drive and our DF was playing poorly. To think otherwise suggests you may have been dropped on your head too many times and that you are indeed insane.

So you got something right.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bottom line is this .. the entire team outside of coop sucked

The offensive genius had the ball with his shiny new QB a WR who was having a historic season .. OBJ who is pretty decent .. a big ol’ offensive playbook .. had the ball with under two minutes left in the game .. who had spent the last 30 minutes watching a team he has never beaten, curb stomp out star studded defense and thought “I’m going to run the ball three time no matter what .. we lose yards run it fuck it .” .. not once did he think ..

“I gave up two first round picks and a young QB for this precise reason game on the line .. a 1st down wins it .. I have coop
I have OBJ .. I have higs .. VJ .. just 1 first down and the 49ers monkey is off my back “

He may as well have said to the O .. we are quitting boys I can pull you from the game we made the playoffs run it three times punt it and what happens happens

He quit … he played scared … I don’t see any other HC in the league not at least try for the 1st..even teams with nothing on the line would have quit like that (I hate to bring up the lions for obvious reasons but they were out there doing everything they could to win costing them the 1st overall Pick ) .. yes the D shoulda stoped them but they hadn’t for the entirety of the 2nd half why would the next drive be any different .. what I’m saying is .. they shouldn’t have had to get the first a knee take a knee and no more monkey

I don’t mind losing if we are at right up beat but in that moment at least mcvay bottled it … he melted .. he bent over lubed up and said one more time please daddy shanny

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh.. and thinking games should be over with less than two minutes? Well..

Over 70% of the time they are and I bet the vast majority were won with field goals and timeouts in hand.

The 9ers needed a TD with no timeouts, I bet that is a single percentage probability.

I think if the opposition needs a FG and have a time out or two is an entirely different matter to what we allowed them to do yesterday with an injured QB calling the shots.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The offensive genius had the ball with his shiny new QB a WR who was having a historic season .. OBJ who is pretty decent .. a big ol’ offensive playbook .. had the ball with under two minutes left in the game .. who had spent the last 30 minutes watching a team he has never beaten, curb stomp out star studded defense and thought “I’m going to run the ball three time no matter what .. we lose yards run it fuck it .” .. not once did he think ..

“I gave up two first round picks and a young QB for this precise reason game on the line .. a 1st down wins it .. I have coop
I have OBJ .. I have higs .. VJ .. just 1 first down and the 49ers monkey is off my back “

He may as well have said to the O .. we are quitting boys I can pull you from the game we made the playoffs run it three times punt it and what happens happens

He quit … he played scared … I don’t see any other HC in the league not at least try for the 1st..even teams with nothing on the line would have quit like that (I hate to bring up the lions for obvious reasons but they were out there doing everything they could to win costing them the 1st overall Pick ) .. yes the D shoulda stoped them but they hadn’t for the entirety of the 2nd half why would the next drive be any different .. what I’m saying is .. they shouldn’t have had to get the first a knee take a knee and no more monkey

I don’t mind losing if we are at right up beat but in that moment at least mcvay bottled it … he melted .. he bent over lubed up and said one more time please daddy shanny
The problem with that is, if McVay had aired it out a couple of times and not come up with a first down but given the ball back to the 9ers with another 30 seconds on the clock or more and we'd lost, people would be saying 'What a fucking moron, why didn't he run it and run down the clock and force them to use their last time out?

And the times I've seen fans say they wouldn't mind losing if they are beaten soundly, yet when we are beaten soundly every fucker minds!

I only care about this loss because we let the 9ers into the playoffs and the kick-off next Monday is now at stupid O'clock. It's not like we have any HFA (our support was pathetic last night) and if we want to win it all we need to beat the top seeded teams on the road.

I would actually love another crack as the 9ers.

I'm like the chef who fucks up a dish on a cooking program and then insists on cooking it in the next round or when invited back to prove people wrong.

Of course, they usually fuck it up again, but I want the chance to beat them in a more meaningful game.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
A lot of posters are blaming McVay, but I don't see it that way.

All year long we've heard two recurring (and probably valid) critiques of McVay:
1. Abandoning the run too quickly and 2. Boneheaded 4th down calls.

In this game, ya sure can't blame McVay for not being patient enough with a power run game. He kept at it, and even went jumbo with extra OL several times. Plenty of balance on O, with 32 pass attempts and 27 runs. No, the problem was the OL just couldn't win the trenches today. Rams RB's carried 26 times for only 46 yards!! Less than 2 yards a pop. (The one Kupp run for 18 yards boosted the average up to a measly 2.4 yards).

And as for point #2, I sure loved that call to Higbee on 4th and goal to put us up 10-0.

Bottom line: I'd put this loss on execution and getting beat by a more physical team. Our OL got manhandled (both run and pass), and our D missed way too many tackles.

Just wouldn't pin the blame on coaching for this one, IMHO.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
Stafford may have thrown the INT that ended it. But it never would have come to that if Morris knew what the fuck he was doing. I'm sorry but this game was handed to Morris on a silver plater....17 points worth. His sorry ass squandered it away with his inept passive scheme. They handed it to him with a 7 point lead and he did the same thing. In OT he did it again, i.e. played off, passive defense.

I predicted Morris would cost a game when it really mattered and he has. Stafford could have played better but he played good enough to win if not for Morris squandering the leads.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

don't watch this if you don't like pain or watching the rams d make jimmy g look like joe m.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem with that is, if McVay had aired it out a couple of times and not come up with a first down but given the ball back to the 9ers with another 30 seconds on the clock or more and we'd lost, people would be saying 'What a fucking moron, why didn't he run it and run down the clock and force them to use their last time out?

And the times I've seen fans say they wouldn't mind losing if they are beaten soundly, yet when we are beaten soundly every fucker minds!

I only care about this loss because we let the 9ers into the playoffs and the kick-off next Monday is now at stupid O'clock. It's not like we have any HFA (our support was pathetic last night) and if we want to win it all we need to beat the top seeded teams on the road.

I would actually love another crack as the 9ers.

I'm like the chef who fucks up a dish on a cooking program and then insists on cooking it in the next round or when invited back to prove people wrong.

Of course, they usually fuck it up again, but I want the chance to beat them in a more meaningful game.
I don’t mind running it three times but the calls were sloppy and we lost yardage in all three plays … it was the lack of imagination and gumption on third down … where was the play action ??

If nothing is there take the sack hold onto the ball same result.. they still use that time out and we still punt .. it’s that he didn’t even try to pick up the first down

I should clarify I love mcvay and wouldn’t want anyone else coaching us .. but you can love something and still point out thier bad bits

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the end of this game was a carbon copy of that crazy mnf gave vs the bucs in 2000.

d couldn't do shit all 2nd half. the offense gets the team the lead. the d finally makes a stop and the rams get the ball with a couple of mins left. the bucs have 3 time outs in their pocket. the rams need a 1st down to win. martz exposes his pea sized balls and calls 3 limp run plays straight up the gut. the only difference was kurt and the guys were fucking carving the bucs d up all night. i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw him call 3 fucking limp dick runs. of course we then had to watch some shit offense waltz down the field with no timeouts and grab the lead. the game ends on an interception.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He did his job. Aiyuk and Jennings both leaked out. Ramsey and Fuller both got caught with their eyes in the backfield and let Jennings go. Rapp was stuck in no man's land.

why would they do that? it's not like samuel didn't have other players bearing down on him while jogging sideways.

stupid.

the defense plays like they're rookies out there.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because his teams play not to lose on offense and defense.

I don't know why that's hard to grasp.

No killer instinct.

Show me where playing not to lose has cost the team a game before yesterday?

McVay has followed that formula many times for a win.

And to be frank, there is no point in having Donald and Ramsey if we don't want to operate the way McVay did yesterday.

Trade Ramsey for Devante Adams and I'll be right there with you. In fact I'd argue we should never even punt.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad to see you finally have your blinkers off.

Last year the defense gave up two long fg drives to a back up qb in the last 5 mins of the game to lose it. Yet you blamed it 10000000% on the qb.

Now you can finally see the defense for what it is.

Slightly different circumstances, but ultimately you're right, I should have been harder on the defense last year.l in that game.

FWIW, if Stafford played like Goff did last year though, I'd be putting all the blame on Stafford. Remember - no Nick Bosa last year. Goff wasn't under nearly the same pressure that Stafford was yesterday. And Stafford made amazing throw after amazing throw yesterday. TDs to Higbee and Kupp, 3rd down passes to Kupp (several), escaping pressure and throwing the ball away when nothing was there. It reminded me of Mahomes performance against the Niners in the Super Bowl.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Look-the Bucs couldnt beat the Saints but they won the Super Bowl.
The Bucs beat the Saints in the playoffs.

New Orleans won four straight division titles and went 49-15 between 2017 and 2020. The Saints had a ton of talent and won against most teams, not just the Bucs.

The Rams have trouble with the 49ers size and physicality. One of the most dispiriting things about the loss yesterday was watching the Rams try to play physical against the 49ers defensive front. Tried and failed. Couldn't play downhill football and for too much of the game, couldn't get pressure against Garoppolo and left too many of their receivers uncovered.

Rams have weaknesses in their secondary and linebacking corps. Their running game is unreliable and Stafford turns the ball over too much. This offense is way too reliant on one player (Kupp) to be successful. These are issues that are going to show up against other teams.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Slightly different circumstances, but ultimately you're right, I should have been harder on the defense last year.l in that game.

FWIW, if Stafford played like Goff did last year though, I'd be putting all the blame on Stafford. Remember - no Nick Bosa last year. Goff wasn't under nearly the same pressure that Stafford was yesterday. And Stafford made amazing throw after amazing throw yesterday. TDs to Higbee and Kupp, 3rd down passes to Kupp (several), escaping pressure and throwing the ball away when nothing was there. It reminded me of Mahomes performance against the Niners in the Super Bowl.

read your initial post.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Yep, do you think the Packers run it three times in that situation with their QB? I don't think so.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most people on this board: Eliminate empty sets and play press man every play.
To Do List Nothing GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Cherry picked parameters and lazy groupthink has gone rampant.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I waited until this morning. I'm not on the side of "No" the juice wasn't worth the squeeze with Stafford. Not if we are getting killed up front and still doing big 5 step drops. McVay should have started the short quick passing game early. It's only worth it if you do what you need to to protect the guy. This was all coaching imo.

Tano

Legend
Most people on this board: Eliminate empty sets and play press man every play.
To Do List Nothing GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Cherry picked parameters and lazy groupthink has gone rampant.
I wouldn't say play press every play

Mix it up but I would have them play close up to show press and then back off so the QB doesn't know what defense the Rams are in

It appears that Morris puts the Rams defense in one showing and doesn't change it before the snap is done.

It's like - here is what our defense is and try to win against it philosophy.

I personally like the Ravens philosophy of moving defensive players around right before the snap.

They are always moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.