Vent Thread: 49ers @ Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
Greg Williams has done zero with the defense. Our strength coming into this season was our D-line, we didn't need a bunch of blitzes, just creative ones at critical times. Very stupid to blitz almost every other play now, GW ruined the identity of this D.
i don't take pleasure in saying it, but i can't help but pretty much agree with you here. but at least his beard is looking good.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Fisher is our head coach, that is his job. If he doesn't solve it he needs to go. Which I'm sure doesn't sound like a bad idea to most of us here.

Only to the "fire him now crowd."

He's not going anywhere. They are going to stay the course, like it or not. The offense with Austin Davis isn't even the biggest issue right now, so IDK what your are complaining about there. It's our inability to get stops on defense at the worst possible times.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yep plus if you win you might make the playoffs and that means an extra game and practice. Did you say practice?

What's this thing you call... Payoffs? Is it a new thing? Is it Apple's newest feature? If its come out within the last decade then it'd be totally new to us.

Mick

Pro Bowler
positives....Mason looked good....Donald as well...Grob looked shaky to start, but settled in...the guy on his left looked like dog shit btw....other highs....nope....that about does it.

negatives...sorry, not enough time....ok...time for one...GW has to go....has to....just no other way to put it...players ain't making plays, but crist almighty he is shitting the bed with these schemes...one sack....Walton's D generated more pressure....how am I even saying that?

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
If we cannot rebound after 1 bad call, this team will never succeed. If we as fans are blaming this loss on the refs, we are enabling the same crap week in and week out.

jjab360

Legend
5 games into the season: 1 SACK.

Unacceptable.
I don't even know how that's possible. To go from the best to the first with young players who are only supposed to be getting better? It's absolutely ridiculous. It's like Aaron Rodgers suddenly going from being one of the best QBs in the game to throwing 1 TD and 15 picks in the first 5 weeks next year.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After that Lloyd TD, we were still up but you could just see it on our faces we were done. We might be the mentally weakest team in the NFL, stupid penalties and play way too emotional, both the ups and the downs
We unfortunately set a record, according to the talking heads in the booth. Since keeping track of scoring plays in the last minute of play (or something to that effect) that 80 yard bomb to Lloyd was the longest TD on record allowed by a team since they started keeping track of long scoring plays with less than a minute to go around 1970. I could be off a bit on the exact verbiage, didn't Google it, just going by memory (which can be a little hazy at times).

69superbowl

Rookie
Janoris couldn't order a hamburger correctly.
Cook's PI wasn't. That Ref is a f ucking idiot.
Jake Long is stealing money from the Rams.
Austin Davis' inexperience shows. A lot.
Dink and Dunk passing will lose you games. Take a 5 step drop like a man and go out swinging.
Worst pass rush in the history of the NFL.
Bounty on Greg Williams: $1 and a warm bud.
I was less than 20 seconds from getting laid at halftime. (Really). I f'ing hate this team sometimes.
E. Stash - say something...

fancents86

Starter
Only to the "fire him now crowd."

He's not going anywhere. They are going to stay the course, like it or not. The offense with Austin Davis isn't even the biggest issue right now, so IDK what your are complaining about there. It's our inability to get stops on defense at the worst possible times.
Did you not watch the difference in play calling from the 1st qtr all the way through out the game? We were using creative plays, getting different players on the field and making great plays. Once the momentum turned after the Lloyd td, we started playing conservative, and we paid for it. Not saying the D is not a problem, bc it certainly is, but just look at what the 49ers o line did to make plays and look at what we did. We were stalemate.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I feel apathy creeping in.
I don't know why, but this season feels different. Previous seasons, at least I felt some emotion after a loss... anger, something, hope. Apathy is the word for 2014, though. Every loss seems tailor-made to say "Fuck You" to the Rams' fanbase. "Hey, we're up big... aaaand there it went."

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
This team is joke. This game was all about coaching and the Rams showed exactly what kind of coaching they have. Shottenheimer has no idea how to adjust, Williams' defense is pathetic. The Whiners kept blitzing and Shottenheimer does nothing. The Whiner coaches were taking candy from babies in this game. It was that easy. Pros vs amateurs.
Sack City, oops
This team is even worse this year. If this doesn't call for a coaching change I don't know what does.
Guess the Rams will have a high draft pick again next year. So we get to watch another poor sap get picked by the Rams. Well, at least he'll make a pretty good salary.
All the talk about the Whiners imploding when in reality its the Rams imploding.
Rams best in passing yards given up per game...because teams can just run on them and dominate the clock. Oh wait, I thought that's what the Rams were going to do this year.
The Rams are seriously looking at a 3-13 record this year and could go 1-15.

jjab360

Legend
We unfortunately set a record, according to the talking heads in the booth. Since keeping track of scoring plays in the last minute of play (or something to that effect) that 80 yard bomb to Lloyd was the longest TD on record allowed by a team since they started keeping track of long scoring plays with less than a minute to go around 1970. I could be off a bit on the exact verbiage, didn't Google it, just going by memory (which can be a little hazy at times).
Fucking stupid. Fire Williams and rehire Walton (what's he up to nowadays?) like right now. And I'm dead serious.

Janoris might've made a bad play, but we never should've been all out blitzing with 1-on-1 man coverage in that situation in the first place.

Rambition

Rookie
Gregg Williams' defense sucks. It has successfully transformed a pretty good defense into a defense that can't rush the passer, can't create many turnovers, will give up BIG plays(and i mean BIG plays) both on the ground and through the air. It's terrible and i was fooled by this hire. Shame on me.
you and a lot of others were fooled, so don't feel bad. i had serious reservations about the guy from the start, but then again, i was fooled into thinking this offensive line just needed time to "gel." i fell for that one.

ViperLjs

Rookie
I don't even know how that's possible. To go from the best to the first with young players who are only supposed to be getting better? It's absolutely ridiculous. It's like Aaron Rodgers suddenly going from being one of the best QBs in the game to throwing 1 TD and 15 picks in the first 5 weeks next year.
I think Rodgers going through a weird slump would be more explainable than an ENTIRE DEFENSE being suddenly incapable of sacking the QB. This outcome has to be so statistically improbable, based on last years results, it's mind-blowing.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Did you not watch the difference in play calling from the 1st qtr all the way through out the game? We were using creative plays, getting different players on the field and making great plays. Once the momentum turned after the Lloyd td, we started playing conservative, and we paid for it. Not saying the D is not a problem, bc it certainly is, but just look at what the 49ers o line did to make plays and look at what we did. We were stalemate.
The Rams did not adjust, they never do.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
you and a lot of others were fooled, so don't feel bad. i had serious reservations about the guy from the start, but then again, i was fooled into thinking this offensive line just needed time to "gel." i fell for that one.
Don;t feel bad, a great many of us were fooled.

Philly5

Rookie
Ugh. So many completely blown coverages by our secondary. Tired of seeing JL55 trying to cover guys 25 yards downfield. Guess we miss CLong on the DL. OL is blowing too many assignments. Think we are looking at a 4 win joke of a season.