Training Camp (SAT Aug-05)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The entire practice or at least 98% of it was scripted so that both teams could see certain things. I think in a scrimmage or real game things well be a lot different!

Have ever it was you can see how players perform. Even more than during a team training camp. Sort of still under the lights. No tackling though.

Preseason game will be interesting because of having film on each other
Even in a setting like this.

Funny I was just listening to Dani & the other guy talk to Robert Woods & how they saw the scrimmage.

I was out in front of the stadium with Robert Woods parents. They said we could walk to the stadium from our house. I didn't know until afterward that they were giving out tickets to players & family for The Rams right there. After hearing the interview I know they were his parents.

Dani said Webster did really well , especially in the 2 minute drill. All eyes were on the field at that time. Rivers went deep & Webster was in perfect coverage. There were at least 3 times though he got beat pretty good. She was probably watching the offense most of the time. I was watching it like a tennis match, & watching replays as well on the Jumbotron.

Higbee & Gurley missed easy catches that have to be caught in a game time situation. Inexcusable!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Trumaine Johnson plays his rear end off this year just for that next contract with whoever.... I would be good with that.

McVay went over to Tru Johnson as the scrimmage was starting. Gave him a big hug of encouragement.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Higbee & Gurley missed easy catches that have to be caught in a game time situation. Inexcusable!!
This^^ really sucks! Especially since all the reports, prior to this practice, talked about how well both of them where doing, receiving wise!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Really? Explain if possible...

Higbee had a few drops just yesterday Dave..well Friday at practice.

The first play from scrimmage I believe was a run up the middle that got stuffed with Gurley. Then Goff passed to his right side. I thought there was a fumble. Took my eyes off the play & saw the Chargers celebrating a TD. I thought it was just a late fumble run ,but it was Rivers throwing a TD pass.

It went back and forth from each sides.
Gurley had to back to back nice runs.
--Mannion was pressured & would have been sacked a few times. Malcom Brown ran hard as well.
-- The Rams run defense up the middle looked bad , Brockers was mainly on the sideline though.
There were a lot of plays The Rams got beat as well deep. Half of them were incomplete though, but WR's were open.

Mo looked good early , but got beat like to times in a row for TD's.

The last series of the scrimmage Saffold got burned twice in a row. I just don't think The Rams played as well as they could , or should have. A lot of the same things at times.

--It's a learning experience & The coaching staff will get some good film
on mistakes.

2 minute drill McVay heard & saw me right after that. I told him his clock management was horrible. He needed to call a timeout. 3 time outs on 3rd down & 28 seconds left. He let the clock run down to 6 seconds & 4th down.
--Why not look at defense & call a time out , instead of fight the clock running down ?? I think you have to practice like it is a real game. If that is he how he is going to manage the clock in the regular season The Rams are in trouble.
--With how good the defense played early in the 2 minutes drill , thanks to a penalty called. The Chargers still had a field in place. 3-3

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The first play from scrimmage I believe was a run up the middle that got stuffed with Gurley. Then Goff passed to his right side. I thought there was a fumble. Took my eyes off the play & saw the Chargers celebrating a TD. I thought it was just a late fumble run ,but it was Rivers throwing a TD pass.

It went back and forth from each sides.
Gurley had to back to back nice runs.
--Mannion was pressured & would have been sacked a few times. Malcom Brown ran hard as well.
-- The Rams run defense up the middle looked bad , Brockers was mainly on the sideline though.
There were a lot of plays The Rams got beat as well deep. Half of them were incomplete though, but WR's were open.

Mo looked good early , but got beat like to times in a row for TD's.

The last series of the scrimmage Saffold got burned twice in a row. I just don't think The Rams played as well as they could , or should have. A lot of the same things at times.

--It's a learning experience & The coaching staff will get some good film
on mistakes.

2 minute drill McVay heard & saw me right after that. I told him his clock management was horrible. He needed to call a timeout. 3 time outs on 3rd down & 28 seconds left. He let the clock run down to 6 seconds & 4th down.
--Why not look at defense & call a time out , instead of fight the clock running down ?? I think you have to practice like it is a real game. If that is he how he is going to manage the clock in the regular season The Rams are in trouble.
--With how good the defense played early in the 2 minutes drill , thanks to a penalty called. The Chargers still had a field in place. 3-3

Maybe he was practicing as if he had no timeouts. That's a lot more pressure. Maybe he wanted Goff in that position. Us fans don't know what they're planning in training camp.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I hear you @So Ram, but if I'm practicing 2 minute, I think I wouldn't call timeouts because one of the things I'm practicing is calling the play, getting to the line of scrimmage and getting the play off without using timeouts.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Had the whole 50 yard line section to myself on Rams side of the field.
They need to go for 90,000+ in the Coliseum regular-season game though. Damn that 70,000 thing!
Let's get that place rocking! :D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hugs not drugs.

McVay will never be half the hugger that Jeff Fisher was though.

As I yelled that's some Tru love there.

I think McVay has a good vibe for what makes the team tick. I really think Tru Johnson is going to play a huge part of The Rams success this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They need to go for 90,000+ in the Coliseum regular-season game though. Damn that 70,000 thing!
Let's get that place rocking! :D

Well you saw how it was against Dallas preseason. Spruuuce was almost a legend before he even played a full game. That place can get loud.

2028 Olympics will have the torch lit at both The Rams stadiums. Just adding to the history.