Training Camp (SAT Aug-05)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer
Rams are down a lot of receivers -- Tavon Austin, Mike Thomas, Bradley Marquez and Josh Reynolds. They were heavy on slot receivers before; even more so now. Lot of rollouts and short, high-leverage passes for Jared Goff today. Sean McVay has a knack for making life difficult for a defense and easy for his quarterback. He'll do that here.

just checked...Duke Williams has 2 100yd receiving games for the Edmonton Eskimos.... always regretted we didn't keep him around....

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

TST poster. Weird he has something positive to say.
We'll need to take some shots on 3rd down eventually with the poor output today. Can I get Mad Martz to whisper in McVay's ear?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer
Rams are down a lot of receivers -- Tavon Austin, Mike Thomas, Bradley Marquez and Josh Reynolds. They were heavy on slot receivers before; even more so now. Lot of rollouts and short, high-leverage passes for Jared Goff today. Sean McVay has a knack for making life difficult for a defense and easy for his quarterback. He'll do that here.

If those slot WRs can get open with their route running and catch the ball, we'll move the ball through the air. Look at New England. You don't have to have vertical threats to take advantage of the entire field.

But it would help if a vertical threat stepped up. :LOL:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

View: https://twitter.com/vcsjoecurley/status/893978369301204992

Such a crock of crap. Coward Spanos. Has to win a pissing Contest by only letting his fans in. wuss.

Since they got to LA Spanos has been going out of his way to avoid publicizing the different between the number of Ram fans and the number of Charger fans here in LA. Remember that part of his argument over the years to block LA was to claim that his team had claim to the region...

first they back out of the agreement to share the Coliseum with the Rams to avoid their attendance being dwarfed by the Rams...

then they hire actors to show up at their opening press conference because they knew it would be sparsely attended..

then he keeps Ram fans out of a joint practice to avoid Stubb hub being taken over by the much larger Rams fan base..

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting. In McVay's presser he talked about not having the live rush in 7 on 7 and going back to the tape to make sure your QB is "reading with his feet and in the timing and rhythm of the play."

Cosell, on Cowherd's show mentioned that he saw in Goff last year a guy who wasn't in time with the play, a QB who let routes develop before breaking down in or out of the pocket.

LaFleur mentioned in his presser that they have a list where they want Goff to work on one item and then when he's mastered that, move onto another item.

My bet is that taking his drop and either not holding the ball too long or bailing on the play-design before it develops is the number one thing they want Goff to work on.

The first play of the red zone drill, the incomplete to the right sideline, it looked like Goff held that way too long and then got flushed from the pocket by the defender... did I see that right?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Watch this play a few times. Higbeast does a couple nice things here:
  • fights off coverage to get open on his break without pushing off.
  • CATCHES the ball with his hands.
  • Keeps his feet after the catch. Looked a lot like Gronk. Just sayin'. (I think he is seeing the challenge of Everett, the tackle breaking monster.) A rising tide raises all boats!
Goff threw a perfect strike as well.

Also notice that Malcolm Brown is lined up out wide (something I think we'll see a lot of with Gurley too). That is a big dictator in coverage. Is it a corner on Brown? A safety? Who has Hibgee?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had a great time reading this thread so thanks to all who put up the tweets and vids. Really nice to see that Gurley flashed, and the 2 minute drill with McVay calling the plays too.

At this point I feel pretty good about the offense. Was worried about the run game, and yeah there's a long way to go still this month, but I think these guys are coming along real nice and McVay is going to have this staff correcting the mistakes and learning from them. I'm guessing by the time these teams meet on the 26th the Rams will be ready to have a very strong showing in the "dress rehearsal" third game. Gonna be fun, can't wait! :banana:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anti-Jeff Fisher; lacking a clear purpose or direction: i.e. Rams-Cowboys preseason fiasco-
You mean like this .....

Joint Cowboys practice!.jpg
Joint Cowboys practice2.jpg
:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Andrew Whitworth with the pile drive hahahaha

That was also the side Todd Gurley would cut out on to get around the edge.

Todd Gurley missed a pass that would have been a TD . He had both hands on the ball.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Saffold got beat bad at the end of practice. The good thing is U got on Roger bad and Whit went over to him.
The offensive Line were spread out on team bench (Whit , Sullivan, Big Rob , & Brown. --Saffold was on a knee , & needed time to himself after messing up.
He then later went & sat next to Whit & Sullivan scooted over next to Roger who sat right next to Whit.
They were all sitting with Goff talking to them. Then Jared went to Big Rob & then to Brown just giving them encouragement.

I Like the offensive lines unity.