Training Camp (SAT Aug-05)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Thanks for reports. I should have jumped in as well. --Mannion looked real bad. Started an Orlasky chant. He missed 5 passes in a row at least. The 2nd string offensive Line is horrible. --Any thoughts on that ?? --McRoberts got a lot of reps.

Pharaoh Copper looked real good. Copper Kupp runs nice routes. He is a little slow though ,or Goff needs to loft the long balls better ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Didn't McRoberts drop one as well. I was pissed at McVay because it showed 3timeouts. It seemed like after the first play he took a time out ?? I was like you didn't call a timeout. Why is the clock stopped.
When they were at the goal line he never stopped the clock. In 3rd & goal they rushed the play & not calling a time out .
Why were players wearing there jerseys rolled up in front ? -- Pissed me off. Isn't that a fine in the NFL ?
Why do it in a scrimmage?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not from what I heard, and besides we didn't play some starters!

Rivers got the Chargers in field goal range as well in 2 minutes.

Webster & Gaines got beat deep a few times. -- Gurley had a bad first run & then got around the outside twice. At the same time on the other end Rivers threw a Few TD passes. Gordon ran one in ?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Didn't McRoberts drop one as well. I was ticked at McVay because it showed 3timeouts. It seemed like after the first play he took a time out ?? I was like you didn't call a timeout. Why is the clock stopped.
When they were at the goal line he never stopped the clock. In 3rd & goal they rushed the play & not calling a time out .
Why were players wearing there jerseys rolled up in front ? -- ticked me off. Isn't that a fine in the NFL ?
Why do it in a scrimmage?

Because it's not a scrimmage. It's a joint practice.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Rivers got the Chargers in field goal range as well in 2 minutes.

Webster & Gaines got beat deep a few times. -- Gurley had a bad first run & then got around the outside twice. At the same time on the other end Rivers threw a Few TD passes. Gordon ran one in ?

You said Webster had a rough day. But most tweets state how well he did. Even Dani made a point to mention how solid he was in the 2 minute. Which drill, did you see him struggle in?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Based on?

I'd say long pass plays .

Did you look at the report about

Goff going 1-4 on 3rd downs &
Mannion 1-6 . He completes like his first throw short of a first down . Then he was never even close to completing one except maybe to #82 ? His jersey was rolled up. Probably to embarrassed to show his number.

Everett should have caught a Long out pattern thrown above his head right around the sideline you were taking pictures.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Because it's not a scrimmage. It's a joint practice.

Still not a fan of the rolled up jereseys . Maybe more on the defense of side , because of holding. Quinn always wears a tight jersey anyway.
If it is because of heat. Make them play through the elements. It is not that hot.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You said Webster had a rough day. But most tweets state how well he did. Even Dani made a point to mention how solid he was in the 2 minute. Which drill, did you see him struggle in?

Regular drills from 40 yards out. He got burned more than EJ Gaines. I saw 3 times for sure.
He went and at the end of the sideline to regroup himself. Webster is a competitor and played well the next play. I think he was in good position in 2 minute drill when Rivers threw deep.

From my view point the 2nd & 3rd string DB's were the STARS of the Day !!
They had such good coverage &!The Rams DLine did not put much pressure on, but the QB's would tuck & run a lot of times.
The 2nd 3rd string offensive line would get Mannion sacked.

I got on the 3 veteran Offensive Lineman at the end of practice because they are suppose to be the strength of the offense. -- They know what they have to do. Roger Saffold has to get better. He has to be highly accountable this season. There is no excuse for him this season. He will take pride in his play though. He can't just pass the buck though.
Paul McRoberts was a surprise to me. He looked better than Spruuuce. In 2 minute drill he ran some good routes. Should have made a play on an out at the right sideline going North Side of field.
Robert Woods looked good all day. He will have 70 plus catches if healthy.

Malcom Brown looked real good as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
just checked...Duke Williams has 2 100yd receiving games for the Edmonton Eskimos.... always regretted we didn't keep him around....

Yes - if you remember when The Rams lost to the Redskins 2 years ago at home I think. The Rams could not make a comeback. Nick Foles was the QB then.
That rookie RB from Florida ? Had a. If run for a TD. McVay (Redskins) put this killer drive together just eating up clock & kept moving the chains. It shortened the game & frustrated The Rams. It also showed a dominance with there offensive line helping pick up short first down runs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
TST poster. Weird he has something positive to say.
We'll need to take some shots on 3rd down eventually with the poor output today. Can I get Mad Martz to whisper in McVay's ear?

I think McVay and The Rams will be in better spots on 3rd down than were they had it marked today. Plus I think he went vanilla today on the 3rd down section of it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think McVay and The Rams will be in better spots on 3rd down than were they had it marked today. Plus I think he went vanilla today on the 3rd down section of it.
The entire practice or at least 98% of it was scripted so that both teams could see certain things. I think in a scrimmage or real game things well be a lot different!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Put your money down in Vegas! The odds can't get much better for a huge payout!:yess:
Speaking of Vegas, it made me check the Posted odds for Week #1 of the Pre-Season!! ...
Rams vs Dallas ....... no line
Ariz. vs Oakland ..... no line
KC -4.5 over 49ers
Chargers -1.5 over Seattle

Vegas, as usual is picking all the Home Teams to Win, except they are picking The Titans to Beat the Jets in New York!
Just some Fun info for all of us who LOVE Betting on Football!:D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Tru said that when talking about contract situation and the perception that he won't be a Ram next year
If Trumaine Johnson plays his rear end off this year just for that next contract with whoever.... I would be good with that.