Training Camp - Day 4 (Aug-01)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Put me in the camp that's pretty critical of Goff but I'm less concerned about deep ball accuracy right now than his tendency to throw high on passes to receivers last year. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that's a footwork issue. If he just cleans that up (along with working on his decision making this year and getting the ball out quickly) I'd be pretty happy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is a key practice. Eagerly awaiting everyone's take who attends.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Put me in the camp that's pretty critical of Goff but I'm less concerned about deep ball accuracy right now than his tendency to throw high on passes to receivers last year. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that's a footwork issue. If he just cleans that up (along with working on his decision making this year and getting the ball out quickly) I'd be pretty happy.

Goff has a lot of tape that demonstrates his accuracy, so I'm not concerned with what happened last year where he didn't know wtf he was doing half the time, played behind a porous OL, and where he wasn't prepped from day one with the snaps and coaching focus. Also, he went out and worked during the offseason to improve mechanics and get an edge there, so between his history and what looks to be a fine work ethic I am content to not crap my pants every time someone says some of his passes hit the ground.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well McVay and the other Coaches are preaching " Technique! Technique! Technique! So I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by what you see come Week #1!!(y);):D

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
goff better every day?
wtf?
he looked like utter crap yesterday.
now they start lying for him. that's not a good sign.
Goff didn't look great on some of the long balls, but he looked better on Sunday than he did on Saturday, and he looked MUCH better on Monday than he did on Sunday. His awareness was a bit better and he did a better job of getting the ball out of his hands quickly on the short and intermediate throws.

I did notice that the receivers did better to get separation as well. Passes to Higbee and Cooper Kupp as almost as good as receptions. They have great routes and hands. Kupp in particular is excellent at catching the ball WITH HIS HANDS in traffic.

Goff looked awful over the weekend, but I thought he looked noticeably better on Monday. We'll see how he does today with the lines in full pads. He should have even less time!

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
By the way, I'd be interested in meeting up with some of you guys today if you're around.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Jeff Fisher favorite Corey Harkey = cut
Well, they keep talking about his juke moves, but what I want to hear is his knocking the snot out of a LB. Maybe today is that day.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
he looked better on Sunday than he did on Saturday, and he looked MUCH better on Monday than he did on Sunday.

Goff looked awful over the weekend, but I thought he looked noticeably better on Monday.
You almost confused me....you're the first to say he looked awful...ever....on Saturday...

what does he really look like? it's hard to compare ,,,if you never seen a guy ,,,,,in the zone ....in the pros .....in a practice.....that knows the offense...but imagine that type of QB, and what did Jared look like as a comparison to that?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+St+Louis+Rams+V7zfrnsXxqWx.jpg

Wonder what he means?

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff didn't look great on some of the long balls, but he looked better on Sunday than he did on Saturday, and he looked MUCH better on Monday than he did on Sunday. His awareness was a bit better and he did a better job of getting the ball out of his hands quickly on the short and intermediate throws.

I did notice that the receivers did better to get separation as well. Passes to Higbee and Cooper Kupp as almost as good as receptions. They have great routes and hands. Kupp in particular is excellent at catching the ball WITH HIS HANDS in traffic.

Goff looked awful over the weekend, but I thought he looked noticeably better on Monday. We'll see how he does today with the lines in full pads. He should have even less time!
Yeah, but now the Olinemen will be able to legally hold inside on the LB's/DE's in the pass rush. The Defense has had an advantage against the Big Uglies because they are quicker and the Uglies can't lock on to the..hence, less time for Goff. If the Oline is better than last year, Goff should have more time in pads

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Rams showed no interest in Pryor though. Woods (who the Rams did) had looked pretty good by all accounts
I just want to see some great training camp highlights of our offense. I'm tired of the " defense looks sharp, Goff overthrows yet another receiver, Austin lazy on deep routes, etc."