Today on NFL Network when will Goff play?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
thats a good point, i just think the Rams D is so close to being a force to be reckoned with, all they needed was another legit edge rusher, or another OLB who can Blitz and hold the outside edge.

I think the Rams d is close to being good enough, that you could put anyone at QB and still succeed if they did not have a high turnover ratio.

Robert Quinn lost to injury was a huge blow to the defense. But they lost more than that with their starting WLB (playmaking position in this defense) plus their best corner from the previous year in Gaines. The fact that they still produced top half of the NFL in points allowed in the face of those injuries PLUS the worst offense in the league means they're a lot better than folks realize. For Denver for example their defense would have looked enormously different if you remove just their blindside rusher not to mention the WILL and a starting corner.

So this season they get all three back. From there I am certain that if they can sustain health for once they're in for a huge season on that side of the ball.

Offensively what the media are forgetting is that Goff is cutting his teeth vs a strong defense with a madman calling the shots and mixing looks like crazy to break the rook in. I guarantee that Goff is gonna be ready man. After facing what Williams brings every play in camp it's gonna be no big deal to play within the system and dish that ball to the offensive talent.

And lastly since I'm on quite the kool-aid high here apparently, look at the enormous talent of Gurley in this offense in his second season. Look at Tavon with a guy who can hit him in stride. Look at Coop who has been tearing up the field in practice through the OTAs like a year two guy. That's three good weapons. Plus a young OL. So yeah, there's questions with the offense but the talent is there and so is the defense. I'm pumped and don't care what the talking heads say.

DenverRam

Starter
Robert Quinn lost to injury was a huge blow to the defense. But they lost more than that with their starting WLB (playmaking position in this defense) plus their best corner from the previous year in Gaines. The fact that they still produced top half of the NFL in points allowed in the face of those injuries PLUS the worst offense in the league means they're a lot better than folks realize. For Denver for example their defense would have looked enormously different if you remove just their blindside rusher not to mention the WILL and a starting corner.
i agree with most of what you said. Especially about the looks Williams is throwing at Goff. But as for what you said about D. Denver is stacked depth wise. D Ware did miss a few games last season. Shaq Barret is just as fast as Von Miller, not the first step, but Shaq is no joke. And Shane Ray will probably overtake D Ware this year, where Ware just comes in for 3rd down. Same goes for corner, Roby could play #1 or #2. Denvers Depth weakness is safety. If Stewart or Ward went down, would have been a different story. And they drafted safety this year.

This is kind of my point. I think the Rams need stronger position players stacking the D, to the point where, if someone goes down, your season is not really over. This is what Elway did with Denver, and he is about as bias to offense as it gets, but understands the need for strong depth on D. Broncos pretty much had a ragtag o line and RB group and he would still be drafting D with #1 and #2 picks. Its a violent sport. Hard to stay healthy for a whole season, and post season.

Last edited:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Drafted some of the great OLB depth in the draft. I just view the trade as too much risk.

Some intriguing QB prospects this year as well in this years draft. Could have signed Tebow as a backup :)

That being said, over Goff and Wentz. Would have taken Goff. So i applaud Les Snead for that choice.

I wont even comment on Tim Tebow,The team had to draft Goff ; no one wanted to see the same offense as last year. The move to LA cemented this pick, they are trying to impress fans in LA and you have to start with a franchise qb. I always hear people saying the rams gave up too much in the draft but we acquired the same amount of picks in the RG3 trade, so it was a swap. The picks we won we gave back for Goff, those were 2 great trades by Snead and it has allowed them to build a competitive team.