Titans waive Zach Mettenberger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting, I'm not even sure who else they had on the roster other than Marcus.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They are probably looking to score some comp picks next year!(y) Have no fear either the Brown, the Eagles or the J-E-T-S will pick him up!!;)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone will scoop him up on Waivers no way he clears.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Titans waive Zach Mettenberger
Posted by Josh Alper on May 16, 2016, 9:45 AM EDT
503282390-e1463406335859.jpg
Getty Images
The Titans are moving on without quarterback Zach Mettenberger.

The team announced Monday that they have waived the 2014 sixth-round pick. They signed Matt Cassel to play behind Marcus Mariotaearlier this offseason and also have Alex Tanney on their 90-man roster.

Mettenberger made six starts during his rookie season and generated some talk about a future as a starter in Tennessee or elsewhere while posting an 83.4 quarterback rating and averaging nearly eight yards per pass attempt on a bad Titans team. The Titans didn’t trade him after drafting Mariota, however, and it appears Mettenberger didn’t do much to help his value by struggling in four starts while Mariota was injured last year.

He’s still a young quarterback who has had flashes of promise, though, and it would be surprising if he makes it through the waiver wire unclaimed. If he is, we’ll find out on Tuesday where he’ll be continuing his NFL career.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think I heard rumors that he was unhappy with Tennessee for drafting Mariota. Maybe the relationship was damaged beyond repair.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think I heard rumors that he was unhappy with Tennessee for drafting Mariota. Maybe the relationship was damaged beyond repair.
I'm sure at his young age he's not looking to become a career Back-Up just yet!!

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
About time.
The guy is not a NFL QB. Tho some team will pick him up and let him hang around for a while then cut him.

He can't process game information fast enough. That isn't fixable.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Wait, you mean players want to be in a place where they can play?! Who knew?!

Ram65

Legend
Surprise. I thought he would have been a good pick for Cleveland instead JM. Let's see where he ends up.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
He might end up going to the Jets as a back up since the Jets are dragging out the Fitzpatrick drama.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Ballsy of him to bitch...It's not like he has proven much except that he hadn't been consistent...Mariota is there for a long time , Cassel is a decent backup and they aren't that terribly hard to find...Agree that he'll probably be back on a roster soon...

WestCoastRam

Legend
Looked good two years ago, not so good last year in spot duties. Sucks to get released now though, not many teams to latch on to. Denver's put it's eggs in the Paxton basket so I can't see them waisting time and resources on Zach. I could see someone in division bringing him in like the Texans, not sure who they have backing up Osweiller.