Titans waive Zach Mettenberger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/17/zach-mettenberger-claimed-by-chargers/

Zach Mettenberger claimed by Chargers
Posted by Josh Alper on May 17, 2016

494236682-e1463515764317.jpg
Getty Images

Ken Whisenhunt and Zach Mettenberger are back together again.

According to multiple reports, the Chargers claimed Mettenberger off of waivers on Tuesday, a day after the Titans parted ways with the 2014 sixth-round pick. Whisenhunt was heading into his first season as the head coach of the Titans when Tennessee made that pick and is now the offensive coordinator of the Chargers after getting fired by the Titans during the 2015 season.

San Diego re-signed Kellen Clemens to a one-year deal earlier this offseason, which put him in position to back up Philip Rivers for the third straight year. The other two quarterbacks on the roster on the moment are Bryn Renner and Mike Bercovici, although one could be leaving now that the team has another quarterback in the fold.

Mettenberger could push Clemens for the backup job over the next few months and familiarity with Whisenhunt probably wouldn’t hurt him if that’s the case.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mettenberger SHould push Clemens OFF the CLIFF in DANA POINT for the backup job over the next few months and familiarity with Whisenhunt probably wouldn’t hurt him if that’s the case.
Well, it was expected....and I don't know what's up with the Titans...but the Chargers just got a gift....

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Not so fast. The coach who drafted him is now is the OC for Charges. If anyone knows if he has potential it is Whisenhunt. If they do not, I take it mean major red flags On and or off the field). Also I think that K. Moore showed more when he started for Dallas than Mettenberg did for Titans.

Good call