1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Time To Worry?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by paceram, Aug 17, 2014.

1. BonifayRam Well-Known Member

Ok its time to worry about a few things that need answering.....

#1-Who on this current roster could back up ORT for Barksdale who is not already starting?
    #2-Which of the current RB's other than the main 3 would be valuable enough to warrant them taking up a valuable 53 master roster spot.
    #3-When will our current 3rd & 4th veteran reserve DT's (Carrington & Conrath) show they belong in the NFL over a rookies Aaron Donald & Ethan Westbrooks?
    #4-Do the Rams have a legit NFL caliber 4th Lber on this roster?
    #5-Current reserve OG's Bond & Joseph who up till now have only showed they can play ONE OL position which has been RIGHT OG ......really worthy of the master roster position?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. SierraRam Recreational User

Thanks Bonifay - I was fine until I read this! ;)
    [​IMG]

Dieter the Brock and ReddingRam like this.
  3. classicpony Active Member

what-me-worry2.gif If the Doc is worried I'm scared!

4. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

If we lose the opener vs Minnesota i'll be worried.

DaveFan'51 and -X- like this.
  5. ReddingRam Active Member

JF has said a couple times that they haven't completely shut the door on bringing back Harvey Dahl. If they are as concerned about the depth after Joseph .. .they might very well bring him back at a minimal deal. Dahl CAN play OG and ORT. I think it all depends on how they feel about Person. Like Coach O has stated, they are working him all over the place. We also have not seen Brandon Washington ... and I believe I heard early on in camp he was getting some OT reps...?? And Travis Bond. Where and if he fits in ?

SierraRam likes this.
  6. HometownBoy STL sports aficionado

Obviously I should rephrase and say preseason wins, course every coach cares about preseason in the way that it's a time to evaluate what you have, like I said in the post, but outside of that it's not something you should worry about. Almost all the coaches are out there running their most bland vanilla offenses and defenses and using this as an extended practice to see what they have in players, what holes need to be ironed out and who gets to stay and who falls to the way side.

Records are ultimately meaningless, 3 out of the last 5 Super Bowl winners were 2-2 in the preseason.

rdlkgliders likes this.
  7. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Yup. That's when concerns become legit. There are no "meh, it's preseason" rationales to fall back on at that point.

DaveFan'51 likes this.
  8. SierraRam Recreational User

If Dahl is 100%, I say 'hell yeah.' He was a leader with attitude. I'll always remember how he went after that arsehole Panther DB that stood over Sam. :mad:

ReddingRam likes this.
  9. BuffaloRam Member

Anyone seeing the hype about Teddy Bridgewater after the Vikings last game? Fans have basically anointed him the next Russell Wilson. Panic? Nah, I'm waiting for 7 sacks we will get in week one.

10. DaveFan'51 Well-Known Member

OH! Your only going to watch the 1st half of the game!? :D

11. ChrisW Well-Known Member

The reason you shouldn't worry is because Fisher handles these games as live practices. There is absolutely 0 game planning, and we are just lining straight up across from the other team just to give guys reps.

12. The Rammer ESPN Draft Guru

Just like it, come on spew your crap as usual and get off without replying. I have found this fabulous new Rams board call the Post Dispatch. I'm thinking you will fit in really good there....

p.s. How much does Seattle pay you for maintaining their jockstrap's in during the season?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've toned down a lot but getting tired of your negative posts and riding the seagulls jocks...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  13. TexRamFan Member

Let's not forget, when the coaches talk about scheming they are also referring to planning around the weaknesses that are present. Apposed to the pre season when they just run plays to get looks at guys that would most likely be considered a "weak spot". This is another reason I do not get as worried as others in regards to pre season football.

14. DR RAM Rams Lifer

And Fisher is famous for that, all coaches do preseason different. There is a glaring weakness at linebacker, however. If Ray Armstrong ends up starting we will be in big trouble, because, the let us not forget that offensive coaches on the other side of the ball scheme too.

Faceplant likes this.
  15. dhaab New Member

This is the biggest thing I've come away with after watching only small segments of each preseason game. I haven't been impressed with any of our back-up offensive linemen. In fact, most of them have looked badly over-matched.

16. blackbart Well-Known Member

I would not say there is nothing to worry about but I would say there is nothing to lose sleep over at this point.

The biggest concern I have is the LBs. As others have posted our depth there is scary thin and Armstrong just does not appear to be progressing.

Let's see if they really turn things up a notch this week in Cleveland. The 1st defense should be able to have a good day against that team

17. nanotech New Member

Well. I am no expert. but think about this as a possibility: GW said many times he wants to determine the defensive players' strengths and weaknesses. I don't know, but would there be a better way to determine that than just letting them play without any particular scheme? It seems like schemes can sometimes mask players' abilities. So, just thinking, play plain to see who is a natural and who is not, and what are the weaknesses and strengths of each player in a "schemeless" situation. Maybe that is the way to ultimately determine where to put each player in a situation to succeed.

18. nanotech New Member

X, not you!

19. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

What I'm saying is, I'm not worried right now ... like, at all. The time to worry is when these things count and nothing changes.
    But I don't foresee that as a possibility either, so...
    'sall good.

20. nanotech New Member

K