1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Time To Worry?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by paceram, Aug 17, 2014.

1. den-the-coach Well-Known Member

I'm a Ram fan I will always worry until they give me reason not to worry. I always feel good about winning two preseason games now in 2011 I think the Rams went 4-0 in preseason and you know the rest of the story. Overall the third preseason game is always the dress rehearsal so I am hoping for a good showing.

Also Brockers, Laurinaitis & Jenkins have been out, but I'm getting tired reading and hearing about the vanilla defense. Fisher said that last year and it carried over into the season. Losing is no longer an option and it is time for this team to win some damn games!

Jesus H. Christ come on Coach at least throw in a twist cone every once in a while!

DaveFan'51 likes this.
  2. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

COULD IT BE? THAT, our Db's were trying to get under the 7 penalty benchmark set for breaking camp, HMMM?

3. RamBall Well-Known Member

Seahawks are running the same O and D they will run during the regular season. JF doesnt game plan or go all out to win in preseason, it is more about evaluation and getting things on film.

The Rammer likes this.
  4. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

Yeah ,I think Pete C. wants to win these games and takes a somewhat different approach ,I remember US going 0-4 after a SB loss and continuing the "stereak" into the regular season

5. TexRamFan Well-Known Member

In all fairness and reality we are NOT the Seahawks. They won the superbowl and are coming off some very successful years. As much as it sux to say and repeat, we are re-building from a pretty horrible stretch and roster. You will continue to worry if you keep comparing the Rams pre-season stats and results to the Seahawks. Personally, I just want to see some of the younger guys get some reps, and more importantly STAY healthy during the preseason. I will leave the worrying for the 16 games of the regular season.

On a side note, how many of you guys think the D will need some time to transition to Williams schemes? Is Defense a little easier to transition too collectively for a unit when compared to Offense?

6. rdlkgliders Hugo Bezdek

I can care less about PS scores it's all about fundamentals, read reacts , positioning. One on ones like rotating 2's against 1's 2's and 3's to see exactly where they stack up. My take is LB is trouble beyond the starters the OL pretty much the same with a little depth in Joseph and the DB's are deep but very unproven. I think we will be scouring the waver wire and available fa's for depth in the above stated places with the exception of DB where they will most likely roll the dice.

7. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

I believe in this case; much easier to transition to Williams D.

I don't think, outside of the pressure packages, it's much of a departure from what Fisher has been installing since his arrival.

My two cents.

8. SierraRam Recreational User

I knew that goatee was phony!
    [​IMG]

The Rammer and CGI_Ram like this.
  9. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

Only time to worry in preseason is if your best players go down with a severe injury or you actually ran some scheme and game planned and you look like garbage.

So I'm not worried. Fisher already said JL, Jenkins, etc would play if this was regular season.

10. RamWoodie Well-Known Member

Worry about what? I'll worry *IF* they play that way Sept 7th...until then...keep working out the kinks.

The Rammer likes this.
  11. HometownBoy STL sports aficionado

2011 we went 4-0 in the preseason, we then went on to win the Super Bowl in a route as we went completely perfect and usurped the Dolphins as the only perfect team in NFL hist- Wait, none of that happened, we had one of the worst seasons ever and Spags was ousted in the veil of night, with nothing but shame as his companion.

Preseason means nothing, especially to a guy who doesn't give a damn about preseason like Fish, this is little more than a joint practice for Fisher to see what he's got and for the last spots to fight their way on.

The Rammer likes this.
  12. Rambitious1 Well-Known Member

Although with Fisher I think he uses game 4 as his dress rehearsal.

Zaphod likes this.
  13. LACHAMP46 Well-Known Member

concerned....just like last week...see the trend..check my whole rant on the "vent" thread...

14. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

RIGHT!!! He almost got me, hahaha!!!

15. nanotech New Member

Over the past many years I have been more interested in seeing how our ones did against their ones. For too many years in the recent past, our ones on offense did very little against the opposing ones on defense. It seems our offense did nothing until their reserves were in, and many times our ones were still in. I thought, outside of the self destruction with penalties on the first drive, our offense accounted itself very well against their ones. That is heartening for me at this point.

The defense may be out of sync, but I expected something more. If the objective is blocking and tackling, looks like there is still work to do. Where has Donald gone?

Anyway, we don't seem to be as deep as we would like to think. Conversely, most second line players are very young. Takes time to build quality reserves if you choose to build all levels through the draft.

Oldgeek, DaveFan'51 and SierraRam like this.
  16. BonifayRam Well-Known Member

Yep Barksdale had a very poor game, but Memphis if we recall the 34 D's have always gave Barksdale more issues last season. JB does much better when his assignment is a LDT or a standard LDE or a 34 LDE but those darn skinny quick 34 LOSLB'ers take him way out of his comfort zone.

Another reason that Snead & Fisher were Zeroing in on OT/OG Zack Martin in the draft until lightning in a small bottle popped up in Aaron Donald! I never saw GR as a right side guy period & still do not think I would have used GR over there with the past & current ongoing issues @ OLT & OLG that the Rams have.

Bottom line here to answer your question .....our starting right side OL was worked hard early yesterday afternoon and failed to produce anything close to a hole for Zac. That is squarely on Barksdale & Joseph. None played good enough to grade either!

Also a problem is the GR @ OLT & MP @ OLG is not a very good combination either for they did not do much more than the Right side did however GR or MP have NEVER been starters in this NFL either as JB & DJ have . I would certainly keep GR @ OLG and hope that Saffold can return to ORG to assist JB @ ORT post.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  17. classicpony Well-Known Member

who me worry? NOPE not the first 2 the last 2.....yup time to sweat & fret th_AlfredE.jpg

Prime Time likes this.
  18. Dodgersrf Well-Known Member

The only thing that would make me worry, is losing JL or Bradford for the season.

Which we haven't.

19. rdlkgliders Hugo Bezdek

I sure hope pre season means something to Fisher if not we have the wrong coach. You should assess
    And evaluate talent, depth, play, and fundamentals at every chance especially when playing new competition. Too much talk for me about pre season records but evaluation of play all positions and all players irreirrespective of depth is a mandatory part of football and the job of the coach and organization. As a team we have played poorly albeit some of it is expected. There have been bright spots. Excuses, reasons, justifications whatever bottom line equals poor play. I am sure it will be addressed and hopefully worked out.
    I am not panicked but concerned like I have been nearly every other one of our pre seasons

LACHAMP46 likes this.
  20. DR RAM Rams Lifer

A little worried, because there is no replacement for JL, and the depth at LB is sketchy. I am also disappointed that we didn't get the swing tackle that we have so desperately needed. Person might do, but I don't see any other OL worthy of being kept around.

ramsince62 likes this.