Time To Worry?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I haven't been able to see either one of the Rams preseason games but from what I have read the Rams haven't looked too good except for a few players (Bradford, Quick, Westbrooks, etc). But, it also sounds like the Rams have missed many of their key players (Jake Long, Rodger Saffold, Scott Wells, etc) and it doesn't sound like neither the Offense or Defense has really wanted to show much during these first two PS Games. I am really not that worried at this point but I do hope the Rams can get most of their starters some valuable playing time in the next two weeks before the season begins.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Our defense isn't being very aggressive. One thing I can say is that we need JL back. I don't think Ray Ray is ready. He misses a lot of tackles. Our line wasn't stunting at all that I could see. Offense was generic. I think they purposly do shit to make it 4th down so they can see how the guys react. Sam and Westbrook look good. It's gonna be a tough call. I think they may keep them both. Westbrook can play inside too so they may let a guy like Contath go. I don't know that Carrington even makes the team. It's all fixable crap. Missing a lot of key guys. I try not to get to judgmental about a game that doesn't count

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Preseason for me is about individual match-ups. Therefore if I had to express a worry it would be with oline depth.

I think our starting unit is rock solid. But, beyond those 5... there is Joseph and... a whole lot of guys struggling.

ausmurp

Starter
Here's my argument to all that keep on saying "key players missing" and "vanilla" excuses: Seahawks are deconstructing teams in preseason while still playing vanilla and still not starting guys like Lynch...so their team is so deep that they can play man or basic zone even with backups and completely shut teams down. Meanwhile we give up 150 yds per quarter. Let's try to be realistic here, it is time to worry. And the youth excuse kills me too...Seahawks are very young also. Their depth is the best I've seen on defense, ever. Guys keep saying how good our D is but it realm isn't. I said in another post, lol, all of GBs QBs had ratings over 100... The ONLY thing good on our D is our DL, and all they can do is pass rush...but what good is that when all teams have to do is throw it up and its either a completion or PI...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's my argument to all that keep on saying "key players missing" and "vanilla" excuses: Seahawks are deconstructing teams in preseason while still playing vanilla and still not starting guys like Lynch...so their team is so deep that they can play man or basic zone even with backups and completely shut teams down. Meanwhile we give up 150 yds per quarter. Let's try to be realistic here, it is time to worry. And the youth excuse kills me too...Seahawks are very young also. Their depth is the best I've seen on defense, ever. Guys keep saying how good our D is but it realm isn't. I said in another post, lol, all of GBs QBs had ratings over 100... The ONLY thing good on our D is our DL, and all they can do is pass rush...but what good is that when all teams have to do is throw it up and its either a completion or PI...

woe is me.

by the time the 1sts went off the field the score was 10-7. with the rams playing as poorly as you say. i'll take that worrying every day of the week.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Preseason for me is about individual match-ups. Therefore if I had to express a worry it would be with oline depth.

I think our starting unit is rock solid. But, beyond those 5... there is Joseph and... a whole lot of guys struggling.

I wonder who is the better player...Joseph or Barksdale? Won't happen since Robinson has gotten little to no reps at RT, but if the answer is Joseph, maybe Robinson should have gotten some reps at RT.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

The second game of preseason is too early to get a read on the collective unit. It is apparent that Fisher is using the preseason games to test individuals trying to make the team. I don't think Fisher really cares about the score in PS as long as he sees what he wants from certain individuals. As for the Seahwaks, sure they have a good roster. They were Super Bowl champions a few months back. However, blowing a team out in PS is meaningless for a number of reasons like the coaches are only calling basic plays, guys are out there playing that won't even make the team, and proven veterans are really just trying to save themselves from injury until the regular season so they turn it down a notch. The Rams could run up the score on anybody in PS if they wanted but it does nothing for you. The Lions went 4-0 in PS the year they lost every game so it really doesn't indicate much of significance.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Our defense isn't being very aggressive. One thing I can say is that we need JL back. I don't think Ray Ray is ready. He misses a lot of tackles. Our line wasn't stunting at all that I could see. Offense was generic. I think they purposly do crap to make it 4th down so they can see how the guys react. Sam and Westbrook look good. It's gonna be a tough call. I think they may keep them both. Westbrook can play inside too so they may let a guy like Contath go. I don't know that Carrington even makes the team. It's all fixable crap. Missing a lot of key guys. I try not to get to judgmental about a game that doesn't count

I'm witcha here Juggs, but I think we might want to trade Westbrook or Sam or Conrath or two of them to someone with excess linebackers and a need for d-line cuz our linebackers don't get to the ball carrier and JL can't fix it all,except of course making the calls ,but Dunbar is supposed to know the d as well as anyone anyway isn't he?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm witcha here Juggs, but I think we might want to trade Westbrook or Sam or Conrath or two of them to someone with excess linebackers and a need for d-line cuz our linebackers don't get to the ball carrier and JL can't fix it all,except of course making the calls ,but Dunbar is supposed to know the d as well as anyone anyway isn't he?

IMO, the ONLY one that might garner something in a trade would be Westbrooks.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
woe is me.

by the time the 1sts went off the field the score was 10-7. with the rams playing as poorly as you say. i'll take that worrying every day of the week.

Not to hassle you ,but what good is that gonna do you?if I thought me worrying would help I'd worry my fat ass off,but bad news in this case will arrive sooner than I want it,so I just say ,there are positives to see in what's happening and the time to worry is (for me at least ) is when I KNOW FOR SURE.

That said I think we already know our first pick next year is prolly gonna be a linebacker unless the light goes on for Ray Ray,at this moment I'm not sure there's enough wattage in the bulb:whistle:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
IMO, the ONLY one that might garner something in a trade would be Westbrooks.

Yeah but he might get something we can use,I agree he's probably the most valuable of the three and he's certainly demonstrated that so other teams may come calling knowing he's gonna get snatched off the wire early

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to hassle you ,but what good is that gonna do you?if I thought me worrying would help I'd worry my fat ass off,but bad news in this case will arrive sooner than I want it,so I just say ,there are positives to see in what's happening and the time to worry is (for me at least ) is when I KNOW FOR SURE.

That said I think we already know our first pick next year is prolly gonna be a linebacker unless the light goes on for Ray Ray,at this moment I'm not sure there's enough wattage in the bulb:whistle:

i actually won't start worrying until the rams play poorly in the regular season. i was just having a dig at ausmurp, who wants to start worrying now.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

This is pretty off base IMO. You bring up Seattle. There starters were stomped by Denver in week one. They aren't dismantling anyone. It's preseason and they are 1-1. Our starters were down 3 against a team like the Packers who had all starters on offense. We were missing our best interior lineman, our best linebacker and our best CB. Not to make excuses, but that's a pretty fuckin good handicap against that team. If you think Greg Williams D is gonna be that pushover, I believe your not viewing it completely right. Preseason is preseason is preseason. I won't worry until the Vikings are winning with 2 minutes left.

Have I calculated this right? The Packers had 2 carries for 20 yards, and then had 10 carries for 24 yards. So all in all averaged 3.7 ypa.

My main worry is that we can't defend the pass. Like ever.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My main worry is that we can't defend the pass. Like ever.

Beside oline depth; this has me scratching my head. It looks a whole lot like Tim Walton's DB scheme out there, which appears however to fall at the feet of Fisher.

Torry and Marshall were saying on the broadcast last night; the coverage (or lack thereof staying off the WR) was making things easy for GB on 3rd downs.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

You're getting caught up in the bologna. You you really expect us to destroy the Packers with basic sets that have no disguises or anything? Sure he only played a half. But we did dam good to not give up 2 TD's.

As for the secondary, you did we were backing them off like Tim Walton, right? Unless Williams is Tim Walton in make up, that will not be our defense. Last week Vs the Saints was a better comparison. All the short passes worked then, too. Do you really think QB's are just gonna get away with their short crap when the season rolls around? Hell no, it'll work for a while until we start trapping their WR's and mistakes are made in the form of TO's. They will eat turf, too.

You really think it matters if Hooey can't block for Austin Davis? You know Fisher just left him in there to let him have his shot?

Did you know the Chargers didn't contain Wilson in the Red Zone worth a dog ****? Yeah, kinda gotta do that!!!

So the Rams learned new lessons yesterday in the glorified practice. Whew!!! What's all that really matter???? No starters got hurt, Bradford broke some rust and showed the knee is good to go, and the youngsters got some valuable reps. That's all that matters, chicken little!

Weather Update: the sky is not falling.... thank you

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
I thought GB looked extremely game-planned for a preseason game but to answer the question. You can worry all you want, me, I'll enjoy the day. It's preseason football and the only thing worse is watching paint dry (it's a close call at that). ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You're getting caught up in the bologna. You you really expect us to destroy the Packers with basic sets that have no disguises or anything? Sure he only played a half. But we did dam good to not give up 2 TD's.

As for the secondary, you did we were backing them off like Tim Walton, right? Unless Williams is Tim Walton in make up, that will not be our defense. Last week Vs the Saints was a better comparison. All the short passes worked then, too. Do you really think QB's are just gonna get away with their short crap when the season rolls around? Hell no, it'll work for a while until we start trapping their WR's and mistakes are made in the form of TO's. They will eat turf, too.

You really think it matters if Hooey can't block for Austin Davis? You know Fisher just left him in there to let him have his shot?

Did you know the Chargers didn't contain Wilson in the Red Zone worth a dog ****? Yeah, kinda gotta do that!!!

So the Rams learned new lessons yesterday in the glorified practice. Whew!!! What's all that really matter???? No starters got hurt, Bradford broke some rust and showed the knee is good to go, and the youngsters got some valuable reps. That's all that matters, chicken little!

Weather Update: the sky is not falling.... thank you

:eek:

Beside oline depth; this has me scratching my head. It looks a whole lot like Tim Walton's DB scheme out there, which appears however to fall at the feet of Fisher.

Torry and Marshall were saying on the broadcast last night; the coverage (or lack thereof staying off the WR) was making things easy for GB on 3rd downs.

Yeah after seeing 3 DCs and it all being the same awful pass D, the ball eventually lands at Fisher's feet. Hopefully that's not the Williams D because if it is I fear for the health of my TV.