Time to Trade Gurley ala Trent Richardson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting you would try and compare Marshall Faulk, the best running back I've seen in my lifetime, to Gurley.

That's exactly the point I'm making, dude. How can you expect Gurley to do something Faulk couldn't? I've said that three times now. Let's revisit your original post:
I don't care how bad your O-line is. If you're an elite running back, you overcome obstacles.

Now, I'll post Faulk's year again:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FaulMa00/gamelog/1996/

Remember who Faulks Qb was those years in Indy? A guy named Payton Manning. And no, Indy's offense was not based on the power run game which the Rams have said time after time theirs is. The Rams whole offensive scheme is based off of Gurley.

Do you even football, bro?

Do you even football, bro? Peyton Manning wasn't drafted until 1998. See Lesson's post for more information:
Manning played one season with Faulk in Indy. 1998-Manning's rookie year and Faulk's last season there.

Harbaugh was the QB for the majority of Faulk's tenure there.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
So Marshall Faulk and Payton manning did play with each other. And indys offensive scheme was not based off of the power run game. Glad you can admit that.

Again. When was gurleys last 100 yard game and what's his longest run of this season?

Wooooo

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Marshall Faulk and Payton manning did play with each other. And indys offensive scheme was not based off of the power run game. Glad you can admit that.

No, they did not play with each other in 1996. Peyton Manning was playing for the Tennessee Volunteers. They were as much a power run game as we are.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Stop while you're behind.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
No, they did not play with each other in 1996. Peyton Manning was playing for the Tennessee Volunteers. They were as much a power run game as we are.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Stop while you're behind.

But they did in 98.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Indianapolis_Colts_season

I guess anything is possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

Noted is how you still can't answer when his last 100 yard game was or what's his longest rush of this season is........

Woooooooooooo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But they did in 98.

1998 isn't the year in discussion. Keep digging the hole deeper. Unfortunate that you're not enough of a man to admit you were wrong.

I'm just going to put you on ignore. I don't see you lasting long here.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
Learn to read
1998 isn't the year in discussion. Keep digging the hole deeper. Unfortunate that you're not enough of a man to admit you were wrong.

I'm just going to put you on ignore. I don't see you lasting long here.

Don't run away.

I never mention 96. You did. Post where I ever said 96.

Maybe you shouldn't enter a topic about Gurley struggling if you're not willing to answer two very simple questions.

When was his last 100 yard game? What's his longest rush of the season?

Mods, if I'm out of line anymore then this guy, please PM me.

Woooooooo

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Learn to read

Don't run away.

I never mention 96. You did. Post where I ever said 96.

Maybe you shouldn't enter a topic about Gurley struggling if you're not willing to answer two very simple questions.

When was his last 100 yard game? What's his longest rush of the season?

Mods, if I'm out of line anymore then this guy, please PM me.

Woooooooo

Damn Rick, Charlotte boned you on TV again!

Old&Hairy

UDFA
Name
ZNRFIPLAR
But they did in 98.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Indianapolis_Colts_season

I guess anything is possible when you don't know what you're talking about.

Noted is how you still can't answer when his last 100 yard game was or what's his longest rush of this season is........

Woooooooooooo.
Pretty funny avatar Ric. I don't post much here - or anywhere else really. But the Gurley debate shouldn't just be ignored. I'll probably just sit back and read though. I'm not much into posting.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Yeah. Yeah. I know you are shaking your head.

When Benny Cunningham is averaging 4.8 YPC behind the same offensive line. When your potential future hall of famer couldn't get 100 yards in any of his last 19 games. When your starter is on sidelines at game critical moments, when your starter cannot make an open guy miss downfield, run over or leap on anymore, when there are no game changing plays in more than a season - All of this desipte not being on injury report once. It's time to consider the alternative when there is no draft capital.

Why not trade Gruley for atleast a high 2nd round pick before his trade value plummets. Go with Benny Cunningham as starter, use a low round draft pick on a rookie RB, with ample cap space sign a above average RB.

This also sends a message to everyone on the team that this team needs their 110% every practice and every game.

Just cause this is an unpopular option doesn't mean it is the incorrect thing to do.

I am ready for all that is going to befall on me. :)

You are ridiculous.

TexasRam

Legend
My take on Gurley is he is really beat up and we are seeing a shell of himself. When he is fully healthy he is a huge talent as evidenced last year.

Right now he is not right. I personally sit him as injured and get Cunnigham out there to see if he can offer more production being more healthy. That also tells you if your issue is oline or RB.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
You ever been so fed up with losing that you pick on your own best players?

If you want to make the worst mistake of your life, sure! I hear we're looking for somebody to replace Jamaal.