Time to Trade Gurley ala Trent Richardson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MountainRam

Rookie
Yeah. Yeah. I know you are shaking your head.

When Benny Cunningham is averaging 4.8 YPC behind the same offensive line. When your potential future hall of famer couldn't get 100 yards in any of his last 19 games. When your starter is on sidelines at game critical moments, when your starter cannot make an open guy miss downfield, run over or leap on anymore, when there are no game changing plays in more than a season - All of this desipte not being on injury report once. It's time to consider the alternative when there is no draft capital.

Why not trade Gruley for atleast a high 2nd round pick before his trade value plummets. Go with Benny Cunningham as starter, use a low round draft pick on a rookie RB, with ample cap space sign a above average RB.

This also sends a message to everyone on the team that this team needs their 110% every practice and every game.

Just cause this is an unpopular option doesn't mean it is the incorrect thing to do.

I am ready for all that is going to befall on me. :)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
giphy.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

When Benny Cunningham is averaging 4.8 YPC behind the same offensive line. When your potential future hall of famer couldn't get 100 yards in any of his last 19 games. When your starter is on sidelines at game critical moments, when your starter cannot make an open guy miss downfield, run over or leap on anymore, when there are no game changing plays in more than a season - All of this desipte not being on injury report once. It's time to consider the alternative when there is no draft capital.

Why not trade Gruley for atleast a high 2nd round pick before his trade value plummets. Go with Benny Cunningham as starter, use a low round draft pick on a rookie RB, with ample cap space sign a above average RB.

This also sends a message to everyone on the team that this team needs their 110% every practice and every game.

Just cause this is an unpopular option doesn't mean it is the incorrect thing to do.

I'll just say this and leave it alone.

I think it might be a bit rash to consider doing what you propose.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
If you can get a first for him, sure, although I do not see that happening. If not, then no.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Naw there is something going on with his left shoulder, I don't care if he hasn't been on the injury report just look at the way he carries it. If you've experienced it you know that posture.

He may be impatient this year, he may be getting too much star treatment in hollyweird, he may be getting too much pusay whatever it is does not diminish what he showed last year. He needs to have a foot up his ass maybe to get the fire rekindled but I'd just as soon see that happen with him in horns

MountainRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don,t see how that would make any sense...If you think Gurley is done, who on Earth would give up a high second for him ??? I don't know what has gone on this year beyond the O line problems, but I would sure not want to lose Gurley...I think he needs to be more patient looking for a hole and not be shy about making a quick cut- back...Too many times he has seemed to ram right into the stacked box...

Because there is always a Ryan grigson like GM for a trade every time

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Why because he's having a hardtime behind the worst offensive line in the NFL? No, we've seen what he can do if he has an average Oline. Trent Richardson never had a good season, so you can't put them in the same category.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol how many rushing attempts do benny have how many yards?? He has most of those yards on 1 run, Benny has been absolutely dreadful blocking his pass catching is still very good but if you think Benny is the better runner go ahead make the trade. Hopefully though you are the only one that thinks that

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I would trade for a selection between 25- 35. it is way more than the line. Dudes vision and timing are terrible this season. Reality is it could be very tough for him to get back. Confidence has got to be shaky at best.

MountainRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol how many rushing attempts do benny have how many yards?? He has most of those yards on 1 run, Benny has been absolutely dreadful blocking his pass catching is still very good but if you think Benny is the better runner go ahead make the trade. Hopefully though you are the only one that thinks that

No Sir, Benny will compete with FA signed RB and a drafted rookie. Benny will be starter going into camp

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly.
Bennie has 21 carries for 101 yards. He had a 22 yard run on a 3rd an long draw against a 3 man rush.
Other than that 1 run he's at 20 carries for 79 yards (3.8)
He busted a big one against the Jets too IIRC

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I see two things that could be wrong with Gurley:

1. He's got some injury we won't hear about until the season is over.

2. He's not having fun anymore.

I hope it's the 1st one 'cause if he's not having fun or losing his ability (which I doubt), this means us possibly taking a big setback at the position.

I also find it annoying when Benny takes over Todd on 3rd and long, you KNOW it's going to be a pass.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
I think it's easy to see that Todd is having a down year for a multitude of reasons, including his own failures to show patience or vision, or even the great decisive acceleration he used to show with regularity.

I think it would be foolish to trade him this year.

If you've seen how dejected and pissed off he's been throughout all of this, I think you've got to expect that he'll be all-in on the offseason (and last offseason, it did seem he was taking it a little too easy and was maybe too complacent, and focused on his brand). Give him a chance to work his ass off and fix it. Set up better assets on the line and refine some better schemes to help him pull it off. I think we'll see he's not a fluke, just a player who, like many others, and for whatever reason, experienced a sophomore slump.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

What is the other team that you are a fan of that you want him traded to I wonder?
Fantasy-Football-and-Dungeons-and-Dragons.jpg

Zero

Pro Bowler

Those two names don't belong in the same sentence