Time to Sit Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I also wonder about the off season offensive game plan to write out & bench the former starting 6-4 260 pound Fullback Cory Harkey had to do with Gurley....neither of the two skinny H-Backs Lance Kendricks & Tyler Higbee seemed close to being an effective replacement for Harkey's run blocking this season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This all started with the damn Carls Jr. commercials, and that stupid ass edict "nobody hits 30!") Who fucking does that?!?! Treat them all the same....If you wanna make someone entitled, start singling them out for special favors...and they haven't done shit yet. Last year was last year...
The same O line except healthier, had no problem generating running lanes last year. This year apparently nothing.
Every year, teams must tweak things, almost remake themselves, because DC's will adjust to what you do, and do well. That obviously wasn't done with the Rams.

I think Fisher took it too easy on him this training camp and also he just doesn't look hungry enough-his demeanor out there is apathetic
Exactly....straight bullshit too...
Just like with Goff, all we can do is hope its due to the whole situation around the offense and whole team in general. Things just totally fell apart all year. Next year brings new hope with a new regime. What else can we do but hope?
Yeah, hope....Cause at this point, it's not just the line, the receivers, or the scheme/plays...It's Gurley & Goff too...they look terrible...Tavon, Goff, and Gurley gotta be some of the lowest ranked 1st round picks...all in the same backfield...at the same time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, Les if they hire a defensive Head Coach, you're right, but if they hire an offensive Head Coach I believe that man will be either calling the plays himself or dictating the game plan because if you recall Steve Fairchild under Martz was "OC" in name only, Martz still called the plays.

Even if they hire an offensive minded coach I want to see him put "his guy" in charge of the offense to run his system. The HC can decide some things but I would prefer a HC who is overseeing everything rather than doing that PLUS running the offense. It's too much IMO in today's game.

Just take a look at Quick's lazy route to end the game

That was so bad, he wasn't even trying and it it looked like Goff told him in the huddle that the ball was not coming to him under any circumstances. He was that lame with the effort.

All indications are he's not battling a nagging injury that could slow him down.

Maybe, but something is up, he isn't the same guy at all.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's the line.
This ^^ had a lot to do with it, BUT ... There is more to it than just that!
* He was Babied in camp, not made to work for it.
* He needed to learn to fight through a good D-Line like ours!
* He Lost weight! ( He needed to Eat more Hamburgers!)
* I wonder IF he had too much Hollywood!?!
* The Play Calling SUCKED!
* AND,YES, THE O-LINE REALLY SUCKES!!
BUT NOW ... He is going to have to prove he's not a one season wonder!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'm all for sitting Gurley too. Let's check out #39 Malcolm Brown for an entire game and see if we want to keep him.
Sitting Gurley also ASSURES he will be UN-injured and healthy for 2017. That to me alone is worth the sit.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Just ask Ezekiel Elliot if the line matters.... apparently it does.
EE leads the NFL in Yards Before Contact but also Yards After Contact, so the O Line helps quite a bit, his ability also helps quite a bit as well