Time to Sit Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
The same O line except healthier, had no problem generating running lanes last year. This year apparently nothing. I'm not saying it is Gurley's fault, but I would like to see a whole game with another back make a judgment as to whether he may be part of the problem. Last year I remember so many runs where I was in awe as he made something out of nothing. This year I only have one or two runs where I have been impressed and viewed his run as elite level. Last year it was at least 1 or 2 times a game where he made me feel there wasn't other backs that could make a run. I feel it is worth a look.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The same O line except healthier, had no problem generating running lanes last year. This year apparently nothing. I'm not saying it is Gurley's fault, but I would like to see a whole game with another back make a judgment as to whether he may be part of the problem. Last year I remember so many runs where I was in awe as he made something out of nothing. This year I only have one or two runs where I have been impressed and viewed his run as elite level. Last year it was at least 1 or 2 times a game where he made me feel there wasn't other backs that could make a run. I feel it is worth a look.
image.jpeg

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Just ask Ezekiel Elliot if the line matters.... apparently it does.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's the line.

So same line, except you don't have the injuries like the previous year, same coach, and all year they have all underperformed? Did the coach just stop preparing them? It is night and day different and it is a young O line that should have improved except Saffold who was deemed an improvement coming off his injury. Like I said, Gurley had highlight run after highlight run last year where he made something out of nothing. This year, pretty well nothing.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
Even a mediocre RB could have busted more than two runs of 20+ yards in a full season being the featured back.

Barber said it perfectly earlier. It's also him.

Wooooo

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just ask Ezekiel Elliot if the line matters.... apparently it does.

So the same coach that coached up several rookies and effectively established the run with them despite injuries, suddenly failed to coach them this with all of them returning and adding a healthy Saffold too! I for one think it is a combination and Gurley has also underperformed compared to his efforts last year.

TexasRam

Legend
The only sense that's it's him is he is so beat up that he is a shell of his self.

Thats what happens when an archaic coach runs a back to the ground behind a bad oline.

TexasRam

Legend
The Rams oline is so fircken horrible.

Goff is in 3rd and 11 all day long because no run game no pass blocking all day.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
I'm not disagreeing that the Rams have the worst line in the league. I'm saying that Gurley is extremely overrated.

Wo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's also the scheme. Look at the reverse to Tavon... TWO whiners sitting there waiting for him. Pathetic.

You won't get anywhere in this league if you cannot gameplan well and utilize defensive rules against them.

Rams77

Starter
Dude.. Gurley got tripped up on 2 runs where if he broke an arm tackle below the knees he had daylight ahead. He just is not breaking tackles like he did early last season.-I think Fisher took it too easy on him this training camp and also he just doesn't look hungry enough-his demeanor out there is apathetic-I would put Tavon and Malcolm Brown in there more at RB

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He's not breaking arm tackles this year and his vision is garbage compared to last year. This entire team is defeated and have been the entire season. It's not on just him. Nobody is the same as last year. The only offense player that didn't regress is Britt.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's only 2 minutes left, so I'm guessing we're not going to sit him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Trying to place any blame on one person in this dumpster fire of an offense is a fool's errand.

This team is failing on offense as a whole. Which running back on the Rams is blowing Gurley out of the water, because I see none.

Goodman

UDFA
Name
Budster
Gurley has been feeling sorry for himself since the first or second game. No bounce, no burst, no fire. At least no SJ39 stutter-stepping yet. That probably starts next year.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say that the line was healthier this season. Just healthy enough to play. From what I've heard/read Barnes and Hav have been dealing with injuries all season long. Plus having a rotation RG is no way to build a strong line. The plan for the line was shot in preseason, shuffling the line to makeup for Hav's injury the shuffling again for the regular season was a mistake. Gurley has definitely had his problems, but the line is a big problem. Pass pro is even a problem.