Tim Barnes why? I don't get the love?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, … I have to guess that Fisher/Snead must have seen something in the second half of the season which lead them to re-signing Barnes. Admittedly, Barnes got off to a very poor start last year, but other than Havenstein, so did everyone else on the OL. We didn't have a rush attack until Gurley made his appearance for game 4, Foles wasn't lifted until after his 5 game losing streak, already looking shell shocked on his new team. An abundance of OL injuries which had us starting 2'nd & 3'rd stringers, and the old problem of lousy receivers dropping those few balls which actually hit them on the numbers. Barnes was graded next to last by PFF for all Centers at mid-season. Funny thing happened though, Reynolds stepped in and GRob actually started playing pretty well for that last 3'rd of the season. Barnes lifted his score from almost the worst to a more respectable 29'th out of 39 graded Centers. While that may not be great, in order to move up 10 players in a relatively short period, something must have started going right, and Snisher must have recognized it. Also, Keenum stepped in and we won our next 3 games. We should have won the final game of the season, but Gurley was out and our Defense let Gabbert throw all over us.

Only 15 total points over 4 lost games was the difference between an 11 - 5 season record and us going 7 - 9.
Personally, I would have been fine upgrading at Center, but with a new QB starting the season, a healthier and more experienced/developed OL, an elite RB starting right out of the gate, a few quality receivers added thru the draft, … hopefully that's enough to make up those 15 points and convert losses to wins. I'm not in the predicting business, but 30 days prior to the draft, if things do go well, I don't see why we shouldn't have a winning season with a possible play-off game or two in our near future. jmo.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams re-signed Barnes because there was nothing better out there. they have to have a center. Barnes is not a very good center IMHO. His biggest knock is he get pushed back into the pocket most of the time. Its hard to complete passes with someone in your face all the time. I sure hope the Rams draft a C by at least the 3rd rd. rams are stuck with Barnes at c for at least another season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm hoping they "lower the Boehm" in round 4! Dude's a masher in the run game, perfect fit.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm hoping they "lower the Boehm" in round 4! Dude's a masher in the run game, perfect fit.
I agree good fit here & I really like Boehm a lot here like his size(y). However I would prefer to pass on Evan Boehm with that 4th rder #110 pick using it to get a TE/WR/NT. I Evan is still on the board in the 6th rd #190 (OC's tend to fall down the draft boards) I 'm running to the podium fast & considering him a great bargain!

Another OC who has been getting a rise as of late is versatile Michigan OL'er Graham Glasgow. What Graham offers over Boehm is he can play all three interior OL posts. Issue is Graham is not a pure center type:( but we know that Boudreau loves his reserves to be versatile. That something that Demetrius Rhaney failed bad in his second season here in 2015.