Thoughts on Corey Littleton ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Ramowl

Starter
So Littleton plays mostly on special teams where he has been amazing, blocking several kicks, making great tackles, etc. Yesterday, he got to play a bit more on defense and I thought he looked really good. What do you think ?

Psycho_X

Legend
So Littleton plays mostly on special teams where he has been amazing, blocking several kicks, making great tackles, etc. Yesterday, he got to play a bit more on defense and I thought he looked really good. What do you think ?

I liked him, he seems tenacious. Before the season I was really worried about our linebacker core and it's depth but it's all rounded out quite nicely. The starters are all solid and the backups (Ebukam, Hager, and Littleton) have all stepped up and not missed a beat when called upon during the season. The only position we really can't afford a loss at the moment is tackle and the secondary.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Would like to see hm put on 10-15 lbs to be an everydown ILB

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He definitely seems like a player who could eventually carve out a starting role for himself and have a nice NFL career for himself. He keeps working hard, he will be a starting LB for us in a few years or less for us.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I've been watching this guy all year. I really like him. He plays with attitude and bad things happen to the other team when he's around.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ISLB Mark Barron was gimpy a few plays before the first fumble by the Seahawk TE. If you go back & watch the few plays before that one you will see that Barron was slow & not involved. Not real sure but on that long big play where the Seahawk TE caught & then he was hit & fumbled ....that was Mark Barron's man. Mark was never close to being involved in that play & arrive late for the Joyner hit. Barron walked off the field & never returned.

Mark Barron in 2017 has averaged 5.2 tackles a game Cory had 3 solo's so not in the usual Barron territory but Cory also had 3 assists. Last season as a rookie Cory played & started several games 1 for Barron & 1 @ SSLB'er his best game came when we played the Pats. CL had 4 solo's & 4 assists in that game @ SSLB'er. Both Barron & Cory Littleton 6-2 to 6-3 both 225 not your normal ISLB size. CL is only 24 & Mark is 28 yrs old. Last week CL started the Eagles gm @ OSLB'er for Conner Barwin but we also saw Ebukam too. So it sure appears that CL is the top reserve LB for both inside & out.

Barron comes with a 10 mil. cap cost for his services which are outstanding however CL cap cost in dinky about 9.4 million less.:thinking: Several of our members have posted their thoughts that Ogletree would be a better fit & play in the Barron WS interior LB'ing post (play maker) post with better results plus the size factor because Tree is larger man. In addition many members have posted their desires to get a run thumper inserted somewhere in the middle of our "D" to combat the run defense issues the Rams "D" has experience most all season early in the first half..

Fact is Rams have 3 LB'ers who will earn 69 million cap funds the next 2 seasons. Quinn's near 26 mil., Tree's 23.5 mil. & Barron's 19 mil. One might expect some considerations to try to get that ultra high cap hits for 2018/2019 down a good amount so to get the Aaron Donald contract completed & done.UDFA Cory Littleton talent & skill might come into play here in this serious matter. Most know I am a big Mark Barron fan too. Business is Business after all.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If you go back & watch the few plays before that one you will see that Barron was slow & not involved.
Damnit Boni!!!!! My DVR didn't record the damn game! Go back...back to what????
Fact is Rams have 3 LB'ers who will earn 69 million cap funds the next 2 seasons. Quinn's near 26 mil., Tree's 23.5 mil. & Barron's 19 mil.
Interesting breakdown....not Son of Bum like at all....

I've wanted Corey to get a lil time for Barron for a while...thought he played exceptional...very in-tune with the workings of this defense....

Yesterday was about the pass rush generated by the front....But Littleton showed he's ready for a larger role.

I'd still insert Barron as a SS....to help this run defense against better offenses.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I've wanted Corey to get a lil time for Barron for a while...thought he played exceptional...very in-tune with the workings of this defense....

Yesterday was about the pass rush generated by the front....But Littleton showed he's ready for a larger role.

I'd still insert Barron as a SS....to help this run defense against better offenses.
Haha going down with that Barron to SS ship! SS is Johnsons job leave it alone.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The defensive front atarted with Ethan Westbrooks at NT. A move Son of Bum just made the game before.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Always liked him. He always seems to be around the ball wherever hes playing. Hes one of those under the radar guys that does all the little things on this team (y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The defensive front atarted with Ethan Westbrooks at NT. A move Son of Bum just made the game before.
A couple games ago...maybe he's gettin the handlle on things...or maybe Pocic can't handle him....I'd be curious what Westbrooks weighs at this moment?

Yes, @OldSchool , I'm pretty consistent....I don't want Barron completely off the field....I'd like to keep him healthy....and I think he's a better player than Johnson...

And

I think Littleton would play ILB as good or even better...He has been a ILB a lil longer....seems to avoid blockers better in the run game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you ever hear Wade talk about Mark Barron it is Always of very high Praise.
I agree, but where he is. If Wade wanted him at SS he'd be there. Our safeties are playing great so it's funny watching people want to move or bench them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Our safeties are playing great so it's funny watching people want to move or bench them.
Always looking ahead....always plan ahead.
John Johnson won't be hurt from a season...or two...as Mark Barron's backup. Joyner IS playing great.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A couple games ago...maybe he's gettin the handlle on things...or maybe Pocic can't handle him....I'd be curious what Westbrooks weighs at this moment?

Yes, @OldSchool , I'm pretty consistent....I don't want Barron completely off the field....I'd like to keep him healthy....and I think he's a better player than Johnson...

And

I think Littleton would play ILB as good or even better...He has been a ILB a lil longer....seems to avoid blockers better in the run game.

It’s Bout his get off & penetration . Walker comes in on rotation.Smart was there before hand.

Barron & Ogletree are tough. I don’t see Ogletree playing any other position. In fact #54 plYs mlb before Littleton will.

Wade is not ever going to change Barron from LBer. He has said many of times Mark is a LBer who brings excellent cover skills.He is unique for that position.