Think you can get a franchise QB in the Middle Rounds...I don't think so!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
head-explode.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd go 2&13 for Clevelands 4 and 22? and their 1 next year plus a second this year take the second this year and the 22 and move back up to 14 or so and still get Matthews and Evans and still have two firsts next year.

That would be a rip off for Cleveland. The values aren't even close. Also, I seriously doubt Evans will make it past 7 or 8, let alone make it to 14.

Alan

Legend
I agree that the chances of getting a franchise QB in any but the first round are exceedingly slim. You have some compelling stats to back that up. That's why the QBs that teams think might fit the bill are chosen early. I don't think many, if any, of us think that isn't true.

We already have a franchise QB so what's your point here @RamsAndEwe ? Trade up offers by QB needy teams will be at their terms. Terms which we will accept or not. Or we'll make a counter offer.

I really don't know what your point is here.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I agree that the chances of getting a franchise QB in any but the first round are exceedingly slim. You have some compelling stats to back that up. That's why the QBs that teams think might fit the bill are chosen early. I don't think many, if any, of us think that isn't true.

We already have a franchise QB so what's your point here @RamsAndEwe ? Trade up offers by QB needy teams will be at their terms. Terms which we will accept or not. Or we'll make a counter offer.

She's been on a Manziel tear lately. I think she wants us to dump Bradford and draft Manziel with one of our 2 firsts.

Alan

Legend
We already have a thread about that so I assume she's talking about something else. Could be wrong though. :LOL:

MrMotes

Starter
The Ram experience is a little different: Warner, Green, Bulger, all legitimate starters, pro-bowlers and better.

We're still waiting on Bradford...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She's been on a Manziel tear lately. I think she wants us to dump Bradford and draft Manziel with one of our 2 firsts.

Ewe is very passionate about Manziel. Believe he's going to be elite. If I shared her opinion of him, I'm sure I'd be advocating the same thing. If we do draft Manziel, I hope she's spot on.

Alan

Legend
MrMotes dipping his toes into eel infested waters:
Saying stuff.
Welcome to the ROD Motes! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
Why don't you tell us a little about yourself in the Re: Introduce Yourself thread. In any case, we're glad you decided to join our community. If you like intelligent talk about the Rams and football you'll like it here. Be careful of blue font because it usually doesn't mean what you think it does. ;)
images

“Interest and enthusiasm are the wellspring of continually evolving community life: they create bonds which unite us whether we are young or old, nearby or far from each other; they allow human warmth and love to be the formative forces in personal and community life and striving.”
Henning Hansmann

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not really sure how to respond. But me and that emperor have something in common...because I also enjoy not wearing clothes. :LOL:

Ha, Ha,Ha, and he- ho , after I guffaw, giggle and Hee Haw, I will snicker and gulp down five frozen, thorn shaped tipped fang chunks, torn off a brick of a dozen frozen Snickers bars, ( Like Johnny Football EYE won't fall as far as 11, and that's one more than ten) So, Spinal Tap me, if you promise Jerry to snack, on your back, in your bed, peeling back the wrapper off of your chocolate candy bar girlfriend! Ride along with your cartoon song of Tom and Jerry cat scratch, snatch, Vitamin C fortified hallucinogenic juggle fever, black hole sun, plastic or paper Snicker Bars Bazaar! Then wipe yourself, and cover it up with a paper dollar bill, while you tip your waiter, and give no quarter to a glacier icy hard, longer than wide, nutty Candy Bar, and tell me that it isn't weird , strange or odd that sentient beings such as dolphins, chimpanzee, humans, you and I don't get it!

It's the naked truth. Or as Norman Mailer said, " The Naked and the Dead" Either way it doesn't make sense! Or does it?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ewe, your posts are just whizzing right on over my head. ;)

RamsAndEwe

Rookie

I really don't know what your point is here.

My point is... Start screaming for Johnny Football at #2. Because...
1. I know Houston wants Manziel, but they want to trade down and get him. Make the Texans pick Manziel number 1 , thus giving us Clowney and the extra ammo to trade down and get extra draft picks!
2. Houston takes Clowney. I know the #1QB by far is Manziel, so Cleveland gives us extra draft picks for our #2 and Manziel, and we still get Robinson, Watkins, Mack, or Mathews. Or we trade back to Atlanta if Mack is on the board, or to Oakland if the 2nd QB is on the board. We get even more extra draft picks and we still draft an elite player. Or we draft Manziel and trade Bradord, Or we draft Manziel and trade him during the draft like Eli Manning was traded.

3. Bottom line. It's a good thing to spread the rumor that the Rams want Manziel. Either Sneadfish really want Manziel or they want so start a run on QB's to push more positional players back to US, while we get extra draft picks in the deepest draft in decades. I for one want to do my part to spread the rumor.

Does that make sense, or am I crazy?

Alan

Legend
RamsAndEwe with clarification:
My point is... Start screaming for Johnny Football at #2. Because...
1. I know Houston wants Manziel, but they want to trade down and get him. Make the Texans pick Manziel number 1 , thus giving us Clowney and the extra ammo to trade down and get extra draft picks!
2. Houston takes Clowney. I know the #1QB by far is Manziel, so Cleveland gives us extra draft picks for our #2 and Manziel, and we still get Robinson, Watkins, Mack, or Mathews. Or we trade back to Atlanta if Mack is on the board, or to Oakland if the 2nd QB is on the board. We get even more extra draft picks and we still draft an elite player. Or we draft Manziel and trade Bradord, Or we draft Manziel and trade him during the draft like Eli Manning was traded.

3. Bottom line. It's a good thing to spread the rumor that the Rams want Manziel. Either Sneadfish really want Manziel or they want so start a run on QB's to push more positional players back to US, while we get extra draft picks in the deepest draft in decades. I for one want to do my part to spread the rumor.

Does that make sense, or am I crazy?
Thanks, now I understand the point you're trying to make.

Yeah, it's a good idea to try and spread that rumor but I doubt seriously that anyone will fall for it. Even if a team thinks we're looking to replace Sam (drafting Manziel at #2 or #13 has to mean that IMO), who is going to believe anything thing they hear now? If the Rams really wanted to draft Manziel they'd do everything they could to hide that fact IMO.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't think you're crazy to try and spread a false rumor but I also don't think any of the GMs out there are crazy either. Can't hurt though. :)

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Ewe, your posts are just whizzing right on over my head. ;)
I dig the Beatniks, and I gig to groove and type at Speedy Gonzales Cartoon fast speed, Kerouac Stream of Consciousness, without editing myself. I find it refreshing and it feels real good. I can't do it without a muse. And Jerry, You were my muse a moment ago. Try it Jerry, you like it Jerry. Let go and type or write your automatic subconscious musings across the page. Exhale, Let go, and flow Dude! Your Jerry...You can do it!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I dig the Beatniks, and I gig to groove and type at Speedy Gonzales Cartoon fast speed, Kerouac Stream of Consciousness, without editing myself. I find it refreshing and it feels real good. I can't do it without a muse. And Jerry, You were my muse a moment ago. Try it Jerry, you like it Jerry. Let go and type or write your automatic subconscious musings across the page. Exhale, Let go, and flow Dude! Your Jerry...You can do it!

This sounds like some HipHop. (y)

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Thanks, now I understand the point you're trying to make.

Yeah, it's a good idea to try and spread that rumor but I doubt seriously that anyone will fall for it. Even if a team thinks we're looking to replace Sam (drafting Manziel at #2 or #13 has to mean that IMO), who is going to believe anything thing they hear now? If the Rams really wanted to draft Manziel they'd do everything they could to hide that fact IMO.

So, to answer your question, No! I don't think you're crazy to try and spread a false rumor but I also don't think any of the GMs out there are crazy either. Can't hurt though. :)
If nobody out in Draft Land will fall for it, then why is Snead trying to spread rumor? GM's comb over Team Fan Sites like TST and ROD. They listen, I know they do. They're human and human listen to gossip! That's what primates do. I guarantee you that members of ROD have given the Rams front office or scouts ideas. We are working for the Rams for free.

Remember the Butterfly Effect? You have a huge effect on history Alan. Don't ever dis yourself Dude! Stephen King babbles about the Butterfly Effect in his 2011 best selling Novel 11/22/63! And the movie The Butterfly Effect Rocks, or the classic primo short story "The Butterfly Effect!" Alan spread the rumor. You and I love the Rams. We can spread the rumor for a few day and daze opponents or daisy chains Alan! Daisy Chains Alan! Is that a bad thing?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
The only problem w/ us perpetuating (damn spell check won't change the color......) the "rumors" is we are only spreading it to other fans. While I'm sure there are some GMs that peruse a few sites. They "know" on a different level and have the ways and means to actually have a few of the answers. So while it's fun to think we might be part of the solution......I think it's a reach....but rock on...you're having a ball doing it........

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
This sounds like some HipHop. (y)
Whoa, I don't know if I dig hip pity hop pity frog snot, and toad spit. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia maybe. If you don't know what hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia means, don't be scared to look it up in the Dick- shum, air. eeeee boys.

When I think Hip Hop I Rap...

Sneeds the man with the plan to rule the land
The man of the hour ,
the man with superdupper draft power
Other Cities regret, the coaches sweat,
What you see is what you get,
Snead's where it's at,
He's is a diplomat,
Fishsnead's no fool
He's bad he's cool
So stand aside as Les implements his
Hall of Fame Presidency!
Do you agree to implement Sneadfish'es policy ,
With a trade back, first pick , Wam Bam thank you Sam
Whammy Sammy Watkins Disses Evans' Fried Green Eggs and Ham.

I am the best, I'm Sam I am,
I will not eat green eggs and ham,
My name is Watkins, I use glove napkins
to catch pigskins, and tuck cornerbacks under turf, Yes mam!
Pick me first Les Sneed, and go from NFC west worst to first
I would do anything to be a Ram, I won’t bust like Pead, I’m Sam I am
The playbook I’d cram, and I’d make Richard Sherman scream God Damn!
With my burst of speed, Bradford would feed me multiple TD’s and Bam!
We’d slam the entire NFC, game after game.
Towards a Super Bowl Ram Championship Ring!

That would be me Hip Hopping!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ha, Ha,Ha, and he- ho , after I guffaw, giggle and Hee Haw, I will snicker and gulp down five frozen, thorn shaped tipped fang chunks, torn off a brick of a dozen frozen Snickers bars, ( Like Johnny Football EYE won't fall as far as 11, and that's one more than ten) So, Spinal Tap me, if you promise Jerry to snack, on your back, in your bed, peeling back the wrapper off of your chocolate candy bar girlfriend! Ride along with your cartoon song of Tom and Jerry cat scratch, snatch, Vitamin C fortified hallucinogenic juggle fever, black hole sun, plastic or paper Snicker Bars Bazaar! Then wipe yourself, and cover it up with a paper dollar bill, while you tip your waiter, and give no quarter to a glacier icy hard, longer than wide, nutty Candy Bar, and tell me that it isn't weird , strange or odd that sentient beings such as dolphins, chimpanzee, humans, you and I don't get it!

It's the naked truth. Or as Norman Mailer said, " The Naked and the Dead" Either way it doesn't make sense! Or does it?

You are a purebred Manzilian.

Alan

Legend
RamsAndEwe asking my opinion:
If nobody out in Draft Land will fall for it, then why is Snead trying to spread rumor? GM's comb over Team Fan Sites like TST and ROD. They listen, I know they do. They're human and human listen to gossip! That's what primates do. I guarantee you that members of ROD have given the Rams front office or scouts ideas. We are working for the Rams for free.

Remember the Butterfly Effect? You have a huge effect on history Alan. Don't ever dis yourself Dude! Stephen King babbles about the Butterfly Effect in his 2011 best selling Novel 11/22/63! And the movie The Butterfly Effect Rocks, or the classic primo short story "The Butterfly Effect!" Alan spread the rumor. You and I love the Rams. We can spread the rumor for a few day and daze opponents or daisy chains Alan! Daisy Chains Alan! Is that a bad thing?
A couple of things here.

First of all, who says Snisher is trying to spread that rumor? A completely different team could be spreading that rumor for reason of their own. I'm sure they do read many sources of information but that doesn't mean they believe a single word that's said. Why would they? It makes no sense to believe any rumors.

If they're spreading false rumors themselves why wouldn't they think the other teams are doing the same thing? What they probably do is they same thing we do, which is analyze each teams needs and pretend like those teams are theirs. While factoring in the past tendencies of the FOs of each team too of course.

Secondly, to listen to rumors that are probably totally false would be really stupid in my opinion and in fact, as I said in my last post, true intentions are probably better left secret and they are kept secret. If we really wanted to draft Manziel, why would we want another team who also wants him to try and leap frog us and drive up the price? makes no sense to me. The other half of your contention where you said we should advance this rumor to try and start a run on QBs, which, if we trade down, will leave more quality players at other positions is reasonable but the other teams know this too.

Bottom line for me Ewe, is any team that listens and believes any rumors has an owner helping to make the picks. In other words, idiots. There are a few teams like that which is why I said it can't hurt. Houston isn't one of them though and Dallas and Washington aren't in a position to affect our pick at #2.

So that's my view on this subject. :)

As for the butterfly effect, I'd buy a lottery ticket soon because I just scratched my head and the cascading effects will lead to you winning the big one. Or stubbing your toe. It's hard to follow all the ramifications of my scratching. :LOL:

P.S. I hope you didn't remember that green eggs and ham quote from listening to Ted Cruz make an idiot of himself. :ROFLMAO:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not really sure how to respond. But me and that emperor have something in common...because I also enjoy not wearing clothes. :LOL:

Nothing wrong with that, I've been to many nude beaches.

I also shower nude. :ROFLMAO: