Think you can get a franchise QB in the Middle Rounds...I don't think so!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A couple of things here.

First of all, who says Snisher is trying to spread that rumor? A completely different team could be spreading that rumor for reason of their own. I'm sure they do read many sources of information but that doesn't mean they believe a single word that's said. Why would they? It makes no sense to believe any rumors.

If they're spreading false rumors themselves why wouldn't they think the other teams are doing the same thing? What they probably do is they same thing we do, which is analyze each teams needs and pretend like those teams are theirs. While factoring in the past tendencies of the FOs of each team too of course.

Secondly, to listen to rumors that are probably totally false would be really stupid in my opinion and in fact, as I said in my last post, true intentions are probably better left secret and they are kept secret. If we really wanted to draft Manziel, why would we want another team who also wants him to try and leap frog us and drive up the price? makes no sense to me. The other half of your contention where you said we should advance this rumor to try and start a run on QBs, which, if we trade down, will leave more quality players at other positions is reasonable but the other teams know this too.

Bottom line for me Ewe, is any team that listens and believes any rumors has an owner helping to make the picks. In other words, idiots. There are a few teams like that which is why I said it can't hurt. Houston isn't one of them though and Dallas and Washington aren't in a position to affect our pick at #2.

So that's my view on this subject. :)

As for the butterfly effect, I'd buy a lottery ticket soon because I just scratched my head and the cascading effects will lead to you winning the big one. Or stubbing your toe. It's hard to follow all the ramifications of my scratching. :LOL:

P.S. I hope you didn't remember that green eggs and ham quote from listening to Ted Cruz make an idiot of himself. :ROFLMAO:

Idiots? Jags, Browns and the Raiders are all idiots and they all happened to drafting right in a row behind us. I don't know about you Alan, but it gives me comfort to know that the Jags, Browns, and Raiders are drafting right behind us. I wouldn't feel as good about it, if it were the Patriots, Seahawks and 49'ers. Can you dig it Alan?

I live in Texas and I'm sick of Ted Cruz! If I wrote a poem about Ted Cruz it wouldn't as uplifting and Dr.Suess. More like,

The Ted Cruz Blues
Oozing lies and silly news
choosing between shit and primeval mud or ooze
No truths , no truths, just lies and Ted screaming ,
" I accuse you!' Pay more taxes...Pay your dues,
Creaming in his sectaries panties Ted refuses to admit
I cheat , I'm shit, I don't care a bit about you or my wife
I'm all about Ted's ego being fed for the rest of my life.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What is ... I don't even ....

FJxdjdP.png

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Ha, Ha,Ha, and he- ho , after I guffaw, giggle and Hee Haw, I will snicker and gulp down five frozen, thorn shaped tipped fang chunks, torn off a brick of a dozen frozen Snickers bars, ( Like Johnny Football EYE won't fall as far as 11, and that's one more than ten) So, Spinal Tap me, if you promise Jerry to snack, on your back, in your bed, peeling back the wrapper off of your chocolate candy bar girlfriend! Ride along with your cartoon song of Tom and Jerry cat scratch, snatch, Vitamin C fortified hallucinogenic juggle fever, black hole sun, plastic or paper Snicker Bars Bazaar! Then wipe yourself, and cover it up with a paper dollar bill, while you tip your waiter, and give no quarter to a glacier icy hard, longer than wide, nutty Candy Bar, and tell me that it isn't weird , strange or odd that sentient beings such as dolphins, chimpanzee, humans, you and I don't get it!

It's the naked truth. Or as Norman Mailer said, " The Naked and the Dead" Either way it doesn't make sense! Or does it?
WTF?

scifiman

If we convince the QB need teams we will pick Manziel at #2, we can trade back and force a run on QB's! Or take Manziel and trade Bradford. Either way we push positional players back to us at 13. I keep hearing NFL teams claiming we can get a franchise QB after round 1. Liar Liar pants on fire! Where there is smoke there is fire. Smoke screen.

Before you get your dandruff up, listen to my logic. Deal?

Fact- Since 2006, not one quarterback chose after the 3rd round is a starter. Tom Brady is an anomaly. Romo is a throw back. Scouting is an art and science. Let's move on...

Teams who need a QB like a man in hell needs a drink of water!

Houston
Jacksonvile
Cleveland
Minnesota
Oakland

Teams who could use a better QB, and would draft a top 4-6 QB if they slid down the draft.

Tampa Bay
Tennessee
NYG- You don’t think so? Chew on this. Your 33 year old QB has an ankle injury and he led the NFL last year with 29 interception.
KC- The Chiefs are have problems negotiating Alex Smith’s contract. It would be cheaper to draft a QB in the first round, and trade Alex Smith.
Cowboys- Very expensive Romo, who is coming off his umpteenth surgery.
Patriots- Are a very smart team, and they will snatch any QB who slips. How many more years does Tom Brady have?
Denver- How many more years does Peyton have. And would you want Peyton to school your QB? You think John Elway and Peyton could groom a solid QB?
Rams- If Bradford get's injured, we will need a QB.

That's 14 teams. How many Franchise QB's are in this draft?

Am I making sense? That’s 14 teams who would be very tempted to choose a QB. Let me repeat a stat, that you might not be aware of. Since 2006, are no NFL starting QB’s drafted after the 3rd round who are starters. Brady is an anomaly. You want to bet your GM job future on an anomaly?

I keep hearing people say you can get a franchise QB in a later round. Well, it better be round 2 or 3, cause it hasn’t happened for 8 years beyond round 3. How many starting QB’s were drafted in rounds 2 and 3? Let’s take a closer look at them.

1. Andy Dalton 35 the pick in draft! 3 away from 1st rounder
2. Jacksonville- Who will start for Jacksonville? I don’t know. What the hell is happening in Jacksonville? But I do know that Jacksonville current QB’s are not from the 1st round.
3. Minnesota- Who the hell is Minnesota’s starting QB…Not a 1st rounder? I don’t know, but I do know they need a new QB bad, to go along with Adrian Peterson, if they want to make the playoffs.
4.Geno Smith- 39th pick…Not working out so well. Is it?
5.Nick Foles- 3rd round winner! But is Nick Foles a product of Chip Kelly’s system, or is he a 3rd round steal?
6. Kaerpernick- 36th player pick, 4 picks away from 1st round. He’s similar to Manziel, but Kaepernick is surrounded by 9 All Pros. What a supporting class!
7.Russel Wilson- 75th player picked. Super Bowl winner who everybody compares to Manziel. Like Kaerpernick he is surrounded by All Pros, and QB of the #1 defense in the NFL.

So out of 32 teams since 2006 we got 4 players who are decent QB’s- Wilson, Kapernick, Foles, and Dalton. 2 of these 4 QB’s were only 4 picks away from going in the first round. Correct?

Not lets’ look at 1st round starting QB’s
1.Carson Palmer
2. Matt Ryan
3. Joe Flacco
4.Cam Newton
5. Jay Cutler
6. EJ Manual
7.Sam Bradford
8 Peyton Manning
9 Eli Manning
10. Mathew Stafford
11. Aaron Rodgers
12 Andrew Luck
13. Ryan Tannehill
14. RG3
15. Alex Smith
16. Drew Brees
17. Ben Roethlisberger
18. Philip Rivers
Bottom Line- 18 first round QB’s with at least 8 Super Bowl wins. Only 3 have never made the playoffs. Sam Bradford, EJ Manual, and Matt Stafford.

2 of the 4 other QBs were drafted within 4 picks of the first round. That leaves 2 NFL starting QB’s drafted in the 3rd round. Foles who had the advantage for a offense the NFL had never seen. And Russell Wilson, a QB with 9 other all pros surrounding his. So in the last 8 years there are 2 QB’s drafted after the 36th pick in the draft who are decent. All the rest were drafted in the first 36 picks.

I pointed out there 5 teams who need a QB NOW, and 7 additional teams who would nab a 1st round like QB if they dropped in their arms. Considering all the QB’s drafted in the first 3 rounds in the last 8 years, would you bet on grabbing a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, to lead you to the Superbowl? I don’t think so. Like I said, since 2006 there are no NFL starting QB’s! THERE WILL BE A RUN ON QUARTERBACKS!

NFL history may be littered with a bunch of 1st round bust QB's , But there are many more 2 round and beyond QB's who never ever make it. If I know this, NFL teams know this. Mark my words, there will be a run on QB's in the first round. 5 QB picked in the first. 3 in the top 10. 4 by our 13th pick.
None of this means squat in the grand scheme of things for this draft. You are playing the odds. Odds may say that you wont get a franchise qb but the odds also say you wont get hit by lightning yet people do all the time. You are also equating making the playoffs as to how good they are as a qb. Your own stats also show that a qb picked #1 overall in the last few years never even makes the playoffs (Bradford, Stafford). You can twist stats all you want to state your case but they can also be slanted to state something just as different. Dont put so much weight on these stats.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Oh, I must have crossed a line in the mud, with my guttersnipe poetry. I ban myself for one month from further posts. My bad. See ya in June Folks!

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
None of this means squat in the grand scheme of things for this draft. You are playing the odds. Odds may say that you wont get a franchise qb but the odds also say you wont get hit by lightning yet people do all the time. You are also equating making the playoffs as to how good they are as a qb. Your own stats also show that a qb picked #1 overall in the last few years never even makes the playoffs (Bradford, Stafford). You can twist stats all you want to state your case but they can also be slanted to state something just as different. Dont put so much weight on these stats.

Your right I was playing the odds. I will shut my mouth and go twist to the Beatles! Shake it up Baby, Come on baby, work it on out!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Oh, I must have crossed a line in the mud, with my guttersnipe poetry. I ban myself for one month from further posts. My bad. See ya in June Folks!

You're infinitely interesting. Some of those references are pretty dated though. You may want to brush up on your Justin Beiber. He's a ROD favorite. :D

RamzFanz

Damnit
Don't like the "strategery" there, way too many contingencies and chances for backfire.
If I was going to try to get "cute" with this draft ,I'd send a 4th round pick to Houston to stay put and take a QB and do it today giving two days to wheel and deal for Clowney or secure him whichever they wanted.

That might be the smartest thing you've ever said.

Alan

Legend
RamsAndEwe misunderstanding:
Your peoetry wasn't the problem Ewe. Personally I liked it quite a bit. It was my fault for bringing anything even remotely smelling of politics. That is a no no here but like I said, it was my fault.

As for the topic we were discussing, those teams (Jags, Browns, Raiders) you mentioned aren't being run by people who listen to rumors so they don't count.

Now is not the time to take a break from posting. The draft is about to finally happen and then we'll have shit loads of stuff to discuss. You don't want to miss out on that do you? :) :cheers:

RamzFanz

Damnit
If we convince the QB need teams we will pick Manziel at #2, we can trade back and force a run on QB's! Or take Manziel and trade Bradford. Either way we push positional players back to us at 13. I keep hearing NFL teams claiming we can get a franchise QB after round 1. Liar Liar pants on fire! Where there is smoke there is fire. Smoke screen.

Before you get your dandruff up, listen to my logic. Deal?

Fact- Since 2006, not one quarterback chose after the 3rd round is a starter. Tom Brady is an anomaly. Romo is a throw back. Scouting is an art and science. Let's move on...

Teams who need a QB like a man in hell needs a drink of water!

Houston
Jacksonvile
Cleveland
Minnesota
Oakland

Teams who could use a better QB, and would draft a top 4-6 QB if they slid down the draft.

Tampa Bay
Tennessee
NYG- You don’t think so? Chew on this. Your 33 year old QB has an ankle injury and he led the NFL last year with 29 interception.
KC- The Chiefs are have problems negotiating Alex Smith’s contract. It would be cheaper to draft a QB in the first round, and trade Alex Smith.
Cowboys- Very expensive Romo, who is coming off his umpteenth surgery.
Patriots- Are a very smart team, and they will snatch any QB who slips. How many more years does Tom Brady have?
Denver- How many more years does Peyton have. And would you want Peyton to school your QB? You think John Elway and Peyton could groom a solid QB?
Rams- If Bradford get's injured, we will need a QB.

That's 14 teams. How many Franchise QB's are in this draft?

Am I making sense? That’s 14 teams who would be very tempted to choose a QB. Let me repeat a stat, that you might not be aware of. Since 2006, are no NFL starting QB’s drafted after the 3rd round who are starters. Brady is an anomaly. You want to bet your GM job future on an anomaly?

I keep hearing people say you can get a franchise QB in a later round. Well, it better be round 2 or 3, cause it hasn’t happened for 8 years beyond round 3. How many starting QB’s were drafted in rounds 2 and 3? Let’s take a closer look at them.

1. Andy Dalton 35 the pick in draft! 3 away from 1st rounder
2. Jacksonville- Who will start for Jacksonville? I don’t know. What the hell is happening in Jacksonville? But I do know that Jacksonville current QB’s are not from the 1st round.
3. Minnesota- Who the hell is Minnesota’s starting QB…Not a 1st rounder? I don’t know, but I do know they need a new QB bad, to go along with Adrian Peterson, if they want to make the playoffs.
4.Geno Smith- 39th pick…Not working out so well. Is it?
5.Nick Foles- 3rd round winner! But is Nick Foles a product of Chip Kelly’s system, or is he a 3rd round steal?
6. Kaerpernick- 36th player pick, 4 picks away from 1st round. He’s similar to Manziel, but Kaepernick is surrounded by 9 All Pros. What a supporting class!
7.Russel Wilson- 75th player picked. Super Bowl winner who everybody compares to Manziel. Like Kaerpernick he is surrounded by All Pros, and QB of the #1 defense in the NFL.

So out of 32 teams since 2006 we got 4 players who are decent QB’s- Wilson, Kapernick, Foles, and Dalton. 2 of these 4 QB’s were only 4 picks away from going in the first round. Correct?

Not lets’ look at 1st round starting QB’s
1.Carson Palmer
2. Matt Ryan
3. Joe Flacco
4.Cam Newton
5. Jay Cutler
6. EJ Manual
7.Sam Bradford
8 Peyton Manning
9 Eli Manning
10. Mathew Stafford
11. Aaron Rodgers
12 Andrew Luck
13. Ryan Tannehill
14. RG3
15. Alex Smith
16. Drew Brees
17. Ben Roethlisberger
18. Philip Rivers
Bottom Line- 18 first round QB’s with at least 8 Super Bowl wins. Only 3 have never made the playoffs. Sam Bradford, EJ Manual, and Matt Stafford.

2 of the 4 other QBs were drafted within 4 picks of the first round. That leaves 2 NFL starting QB’s drafted in the 3rd round. Foles who had the advantage for a offense the NFL had never seen. And Russell Wilson, a QB with 9 other all pros surrounding his. So in the last 8 years there are 2 QB’s drafted after the 36th pick in the draft who are decent. All the rest were drafted in the first 36 picks.

I pointed out there 5 teams who need a QB NOW, and 7 additional teams who would nab a 1st round like QB if they dropped in their arms. Considering all the QB’s drafted in the first 3 rounds in the last 8 years, would you bet on grabbing a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, to lead you to the Superbowl? I don’t think so. Like I said, since 2006 there are no NFL starting QB’s! THERE WILL BE A RUN ON QUARTERBACKS!

NFL history may be littered with a bunch of 1st round bust QB's , But there are many more 2 round and beyond QB's who never ever make it. If I know this, NFL teams know this. Mark my words, there will be a run on QB's in the first round. 5 QB picked in the first. 3 in the top 10. 4 by our 13th pick.

OK, you're going to have to clear something up for me.

Are you married?

Because I am, but I could fix that. :)

Seriously though... I like the way you think. I don't think the run would be deep, but it could definitely get sparked at #2 by the Rams bluffing and trading.

Of course, since Rams are trading up for Clowney, it's all academic.

tonyl711

Starter
I don't think theres a franchise QB in this draft at all, first or last round.