LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
On a bit of a tangent, I'm a little mad at Pokemon right now. They decided to shut down all the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection services for the DS games, so you can only do online trading with X and Y right now.

That's Nintendo, not Pokémon. Part of that is because they've been on the 3DS for a while. Another reason is because there's a major hacking problem where hacked Pokémon were traded game-to-game with impunity.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
There are two reasons why I keep games: great gameplay and if they have re-play value. SoM has both. The gameplay is smooth and functional, and combat is easy to master. The primary reasons are because it has an Arkham City combat system that focuses on strikes and counters to gain combos (with the exception of actually killing the enemies). It's the same when it comes to stealth. The ranged system, though, is a lot like Red Dead Redemption with the focus ability. Only difference is that you're doing it with a longbow instead of a gun.

There are two skill trees: ranger and wraith. Ranger allows you to have more capability in combat, while wraith allows you to do otherworldly things (shadow-strike, branding, elven swiftness, etc.) You can also use runes on your three weapons that grant various abilities.

You also have sidequests and other factors that add to the game. You have wildlife to hunt, some of which fight back (warning: do NOT take on graugs until you have absolute confidence in your ability with the bow with and without focus), various plants to harvest for health regeneration, outcast missions to rescue slaves, and challenges for your sword, bow, and dagger.

All in all, SoM is a fantastic game.

You're making life hard for me. I need to stop playing Destiny. Then I still need to finish dragon age inquisition and start far cry 4 and watch dogs...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
That's Nintendo, not Pokémon. Part of that is because they've been on the 3DS for a while. Another reason is because there's a major hacking problem where hacked Pokémon were traded game-to-game with impunity.
From what I've heard, there's also the factor that apparently, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection stuff was done through Gamespy, and when they closed down, so did the connection. It's not like DS games can be patched after all.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Game of thrones episodes 1-2 on PS4, Very good so far. Was not expecting the end with littleman. So anyone know when episode 3 is coming? I knew i shouldn't have bought them yet but i wanted to play and the season pass was $25.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Game of thrones episodes 1-2 on PS4, Very good so far. Was not expecting the end with littleman. So anyone know when episode 3 is coming? I knew i shouldn't have bought them yet but i wanted to play and the season pass was $25.
Telltale Games games seem to be automatically awesome. ;)

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John

Played episode 1 and thought it was really good. Waiting until my next day off to get to episode 2. Episode 2 just came out so it will be a few months or so before 3 comes out.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Played episode 1 and thought it was really good. Waiting until my next day off to get to episode 2. Episode 2 just came out so it will be a few months or so before 3 comes out.

Yea i was going to wait till they were all out so i wouldn't have to keep stopping unless i wanted to but i had a day off and was like fuck it. Games really good so far i beat episode 1 n 2.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Its really good man, its the reason why i got game of thrones. Telltale is awsome.

They really are amazing. The walking dead game (both seasons) had me on the edge of my seat almost at all the time. Plus the feels it would cause lol. I bought the season pass for both GOT and Wolf. Again I've only played episode 1 of wolf and really liked it. Waiting for a good time to binge play the rest.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Time to update my progress. I've done all of the outcast missions...but I've lost a ton of captains for B.S. reasons, including Mormog the Destroyer (who I seriously thought was unkillable) to a swarm of uruks because some idiot archer I branded thought that it would be a good idea to shoot at someone and set off the alarm. Others that I've lost include Ronk the Wise (black headfeather helm), Snagog Hot-Tongs (blacksmith helm and twin tongs), Noruk Metal-Beater (blacksmith helm and a hammer), Malmug the Painted, and Nazkuga of the Spiders.

However, I've replaced Mormog the Destroyer with his berserker brother, Horhog the Destroyer (who also has a skull helm). I have three awesome archers, a couple of badass warriors, and two new warchiefs under my control (Narug of the Pit and Mozfel the Raven). I've also replaced Ronk the Venomous with Gorgum the Poisoner, who is a certified badass.

Time to update SoM. I'm planning on doing the weapons missions (the only sidequest that I have left to do) when I get Xbox Live back (otherwise, it won't count the achievements). In the meantime, I'm satisfying myself by watching Horhog utterly destroy every single uruk captain who is foolish enough to face him in a duel. Level 19 legendary hunter (uses throwing spears). Dead. Level 20 legendary warrior with a poison weapon? Also dead. He's really living up to his bro's reputation, maybe even surpassing it.

On a very funny/aggravating note, I tried to get every one of my captains to execute an archer (Ugakuga Metal-Beater) who could only be hurt by explosions, has explosive arrows, and won't . None of them were willing; it was all duels and ambushes. I did that for an hour straight (almost lost a guy /and/ his warchief because he stupidly decided to chase an uruk up a ladder) and finally, I decided "fuck it" and went for an ambush. He actually killed the first two waves all by himself while barely taking any damage, even though I killed all of his bodyguards. So I finally decided to go down and stun him so that they'd attack him. I did that until they finally brought him to half-health so that I could grab and brand him.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also want to update my Pokémon progress a bit. I lost my Y Nuzlocke at Grant. I never thought that one bite from his Tyrunt would one shot Oscar the Frogadier at full health...but it did. I also lost Tammy the Croagunk (who was adamant-natured and had dry skin) and Ontarius the Amaura.

I've started a new Y game, and my team is this: Torry the Frogadier, Isaac the Charmeleon, Marshall the Skiddo, Darryl the Mienfoo, Orlando the Solosis, and Red the Goomy. St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) will be able to recognize the two names that aren't GSOT members.

I also have gone through a play-through of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire respectively in order to acquire Groudon and Kyogre. I've started a new game in Omega Ruby to get Rayquaza, the Regi trio, and Deoxys. My team is named after my favorite characters in certain media: Legion the Marshtomp (Mass Effect 2), Eda the Gourgeist (Black Lagoon), Talion the Aromatisse (Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor), Maine the Monferno (Red vs. Blue), and Ned the Rhyhorn (Game of Thrones). I also have a Bibarel HM servant, but he's not important.

Will also update my Pokémon progress. Every one of the Y Pokémon are fully-evolved, and I've gotten Yveltal as well (to trade with one of my friends, hopefully for a swift swim Poliwag - which evolves into a drizzle Politoed - or a drought Vulpix). Unlike the other two Y playthroughs, I absolutely crushed Team Flare's boss without having even one of my Pokémon faint. I'm up to the final gym leader, but there's a few things I want to do before I challenge him.

In OR, I've gotten most of my team fully evolved (with the lone exception of Ned, who needs a protector to evolve into Rhyperior), and I'm up to Lilycove. The gym leaders really haven't given me much trouble yet (although I'm going to be on guard around Wallace).

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Hey Memento, any thoughts on the Pokemon Bank service? Do you use it?

I'm just kind of wondering because if I ever did get a US 3DS, I'd probably get at least Pokemon X or Y, and I'd like to transfer all my Pokemon from Black (which inherited the complete Pokedex I had in Pearl), but that $4.99 annual fee just feels like a cash grab on Nintendo's part.

Athos

Legend
Finished the Dead Space trilogy finally. Kinda bummed there isn't another. No games really pissed me off so much while being a blast to play.

Now I need another shooter with a great story.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Hey Memento, any thoughts on the Pokemon Bank service? Do you use it?

I'm just kind of wondering because if I ever did get a US 3DS, I'd probably get at least Pokemon X or Y, and I'd like to transfer all my Pokemon from Black (which inherited the complete Pokedex I had in Pearl), but that $4.99 annual fee just feels like a cash grab on Nintendo's part.

Yes, I definitely use it. It's not expensive at all, it lasts for one year until you have to renew it, and it can get all of the Pokémon you want. First thing you want to get is Poke-Transporter; that will get all of your mons to X/Y/ORAS safe and sound. The transporter only works on the first box in Black, so it'll take a bit of time, but it's well worth it. So long as you're online, you can transfer Pokémon without any problems. If you need more information, just look up Pokémon Bank on Serebii.net's home page (it'll be on the left just under ORAS).

It's a cash grab, yes, but it's really not expensive at all, and it's well worth it because you can transfer Pokémon from X/Y/ORAS to the Bank as well.

Also, just a question, but do you have two of Darkrai or Genesect (English)? If you want, I can trade you the Y legend for either one of them (because I certainly don't want to deprive you of having one of them), while you can get X.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Yes, I definitely use it. It's not expensive at all, it lasts for one year until you have to renew it, and it can get all of the Pokémon you want. First thing you want to get is Poke-Transporter; that will get all of your mons to X/Y/ORAS safe and sound. The transporter only works on the first box in Black, so it'll take a bit of time, but it's well worth it. So long as you're online, you can transfer Pokémon without any problems. If you need more information, just look up Pokémon Bank on Serebii.net's home page (it'll be on the left just under ORAS).

It's a cash grab, yes, but it's really not expensive at all, and it's well worth it because you can transfer Pokémon from X/Y/ORAS to the Bank as well.

Also, just a question, but do you have two of Darkrai or Genesect (English)? If you want, I can trade you the Y legend for either one of them (because I certainly don't want to deprive you of having one of them), while you can get X.
I actually don't have X or Y (or even a US 3DS) right now, and the pre-3DS stuff no longer has any online functionality.

Otherwise, I'm fairly sure I'd be able to trade you a Darkrai. I have a shiny one as my main and I think I got another one somewhere along the way.

That said, I do wonder how many of my Pokemon would be stopped from transferring since Pokemon Bank reportedly stops hacked Pokemon from coming through, and while I didn't hack, people I traded with might have (and probably did, considering I have like 20 shinies from trades.)

Memento

Name
Jemma
I actually don't have X or Y (or even a US 3DS) right now, and the pre-3DS stuff no longer has any online functionality.

Otherwise, I'm fairly sure I'd be able to trade you a Darkrai. I have a shiny one as my main and I think I got another one somewhere along the way.

That said, I do wonder how many of my Pokemon would be stopped from transferring since Pokemon Bank reportedly stops hacked Pokemon from coming through, and while I didn't hack, people I traded with might have (and probably did, considering I have like 20 shinies from trades.)

It may not have any online functionality, but you can still use Poke Bank/Poke Transporter without X/Y/ORAS. All you need is a 3DS; DS games are playable on there. It does stop hacked Pokémon from travelling with you (because they've had major problems with hacked Pokémon), but if your shiny Darkrai was caught in Pearl via the New Moon Island event, then it'll be fine.

And if you have problems with legends, then you have a chance to get all of them in X/ORAS. The Kanto birds and Mewtwo in X/Y, and every other one (with exceptions of event legends) in ORAS.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It may not have any online functionality, but you can still use Poke Bank/Poke Transporter without X/Y/ORAS. All you need is a 3DS; DS games are playable on there. It does stop hacked Pokémon from travelling with you (because they've had major problems with hacked Pokémon), but if your shiny Darkrai was caught in Pearl via the New Moon Island event, then it'll be fine.

And if you have problems with legends, then you have a chance to get all of them in X/ORAS. The Kanto birds and Mewtwo in X/Y, and every other one (with exceptions of event legends) in ORAS.
None of my shinies came from me finding them. They're all trades.