LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Picked up Destiny a few months back. Got to Lvl 24 and got bored to tears with it. Disappointing game.

I've heard the same things. Such a disappointing thing to hear from Bungie after their wildly successful Halo games.

Guess they tried to do too much.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm haven't read through all 14 pages but I'm guessing Farcry 4 has been mentioned at some point

Just bought myself an Xbox one a few days back and Farcry is the only game I've got so far. It looks absolutely incredible. I can't drive for more than a few yards without crashing into a tree but it looks beautiful while I'm doing it.

Is the most recent Madden any good? I tend to play offline and in franchise mode so the scouting/drafting system is of particular interest to me

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm haven't read through all 14 pages but I'm guessing Farcry 4 has been mentioned at some point

Just bought myself an Xbox one a few days back and Farcry is the only game I've got so far. It looks absolutely incredible. I can't drive for more than a few yards without crashing into a tree but it looks beautiful while I'm doing it.

Is the most recent Madden any good? I tend to play offline and in franchise mode so the scouting/drafting system is of particular interest to me

I have that same issue in far cry. As for madden there is a thread were a bunch of people are hating on it right now. I personally enjoy it but a lot of the complaints are fair. I only play offline in franchise mode so I get what I'm looking for when I play it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Big sales in psn and Xbox live right now! @Memento I need another game like I need a heart attack but Shadow of Modor is on sale for $25 so I'm gonna have to get it!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I have that same issue in far cry. As for madden there is a thread were a bunch of people are hating on it right now. I personally enjoy it but a lot of the complaints are fair. I only play offline in franchise mode so I get what I'm looking for when I play it.

Thanks for the heads up on the madden thread. Looks like I'll be giving it a miss

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I've heard the same things. Such a disappointing thing to hear from Bungie after their wildly successful Halo games.

Guess they tried to do too much.

Not too much. They just didn't dress up the gear ladder of end game content in MMOs very well. They also didn't add enough avenues to collect the gear to progress.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hahaha I did! Played the first hour so and I have to say I'm already happy with the purchase.

Think it's good now? Wait until you can brand uruks. You'll be shocked at how much you care about your captains and how frustrated you'll become when they inevitably die. Word of advice: always accompany branded captains on daytime beast hunts because it will always be a graug. Go with them on duels and ambushes that they're doing against other captains as well; they can die there. Go with them any time they have a red line connecting them to a warchief; that means that they're trying to become/prove themselves as a bodyguard, and they will die if you don't show up. If you have them doing an execution, don't worry about it at all; they'll never die there. Of course, if it's the other way around...well, go help them...unless you wish for their demise.

How many of the sidequests have you done so far?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Think it's good now? Wait until you can brand uruks. You'll be shocked at how much you care about your captains and how frustrated you'll become when they inevitably die. Word of advice: always accompany branded captains on daytime beast hunts because it will always be a graug. Go with them on duels and ambushes that they're doing against other captains as well; they can die there. Go with them any time they have a red line connecting them to a warchief; that means that they're trying to become/prove themselves as a bodyguard, and they will die if you don't show up. If you have them doing an execution, don't worry about it at all; they'll never die there. Of course, if it's the other way around...well, go help them...unless you wish for their demise.

How many of the sidequests have you done so far?

Thanks for the advice! Just one. I played the opening and then got to where you were free to move around the map on your own.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If I had one I would give it to you. I've been doing a lot of wonder trades and I got a couple good 1st generation pokemon. Im trying to trade for a Machoke and Haunter but everyone wants Mewtwos and Genesects for them. I absolutely hate that you have to trade to evolve pokemon. But whatever. I want a Lugia, he's one of my favorites but again, I dont have any legendaries that people don't already have.

Do you want everstones on your Machoke and Haunter? I'll give them to you for any random com-mon. Don't worry about sending me anything special; I'm just glad to help you out.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Do you want everstones on your Machoke and Haunter? I'll give them to you for any random com-mon. Don't worry about sending me anything special; I'm just glad to help you out.
That's super awesome of you dude. The only problem is I don't know where to find Machoke or Haunter in Ruby and Sapphire.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That's super awesome of you dude. The only problem is I don't know where to find Machoke or Haunter in Ruby and Sapphire.

You can find Machop in ORAS on the same route where Numel is. Takes a while, sure, but they're ultimately not as rare as, say, Relicanth. The Haunter line isn't available in ORAS unless you trade from X/Y, but I have a Gengar and a Machamp. It'll take no problem whatsoever to breed them, train them, and give them an everstone. And like I said, I'm cool with any random com-mon.

Just one thing though: could we exchange secret bases? It'll help you out as well as me because there's a mega-stone involved once you get to platinum rank (one-thousand flags captured gets you a garchompite).

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You can find Machop in ORAS on the same route where Numel is. Takes a while, sure, but they're ultimately not as rare as, say, Relicanth. The Haunter line isn't available in ORAS unless you trade from X/Y, but I have a Gengar and a Machamp. It'll take no problem whatsoever to breed them, train them, and give them an everstone. And like I said, I'm cool with any random com-mon.

Just one thing though: could we exchange secret bases? It'll help you out as well as me because there's a mega-stone involved once you get to platinum rank (one-thousand flags captured gets you a garchompite).
That would be great. Except I don't have a secret base. It shouldn't take much time to make one though. I can start it today.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That would be great. Except I don't have a secret base. It shouldn't take much time to make one though. I can start it today.

Choose wisely. Some of them need stairs to go over places and boards to cover up holes.

My secret base is the tree one on route 111.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Choose wisely. Some of them need stairs to go over places and boards to cover up holes.

My secret base is the tree one on route 111.
how would we trade anyway? I'm not super familiar with how to do it. I usually just trade with random people.

Memento

Name
Jemma