The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho_X

Legend
cold-air-return-vent.jpg

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
We got some dumb ass fans, they keep trying to get loud when the Rams are on O. It's maddening to sit around these dimwits and they look at you like you're crazy for telling them to be quiet for the Offense. Ugh, the home experience with key friends is mighty appealing after this year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I've been willing to give Fisher a little bit of leash with Keenum as long as we were a) winning and b) Keenum wasn't hurting the team. But today is the kind of day where you have to pull the leash in fully, because while you can't pin the loss on one player, you can say one player contributed disproportionately to it, and that player was none other than Case Keenum.

First, I'll acknowledge he made some good throws today, and we were able to pick up yards in big chunks through the airs (and as an aside, our much-maligned WR corps is actually playing some pretty decent football these days). His stat line was good. But it's the throws he didn't make - huge ones - that made a crucial difference in this game.

First of all, on the pick six, the throw was simply inexcusable. He had a very clean pocket, no pressure at all. So nobody can say it was rushed. Second, the DB had very tight coverage. Simply put, there was nowhere to go with that ball given the way that route is supposed to be thrown. He would have been better off just sailing it over Cooper's head for an incompletion. There are QB's with much better arms than Keenum that would have not been able to complete the pass in that particular situation. That was the pivotal play of the game, it completely shifted momentum to the Bills and put us in a hole. You can't blame anyone else when he has good protection and thus has time to look elsewhere when the receiver is covered that closely. That one is all on Keenum there.

There are also two potential TD's missed, to Quick and to Tavon. Those throws have to be made. If they are made, the Rams get up big early. Again, he had good protection on those plays, and his receivers were open. He just didn't make the throws. So that's two potentially positive game changing plays he didn't make, and then there is the game-changing negative play of the pick six. Throw in his failure to even try to go to a wide open Quick on a crucial third down play and there's another positive play not made. We've got a guy sitting on the bench with the arm to make those positive plays that Keenum missed, we should use him.

Add to that, it seems like at least half the sacks Keenum takes come from holding onto the ball for too long. Irrespective of what you think of our OL, even the best ones won't be able to block forever. The QB has to get rid of the ball, or get the hell out of there and take off running to make some positive yardage.

As for the OL, I can understand the frustration, particularly in the running game. But something about the blocking scheme just seems off, because none of them look particularly good. Saffold has, in the past, looked stellar at G, Havenstein looked good as a rookie last year, and GRob was improving. But neither of the former two looked particularly good in the last two games and the latter has gone backwards after seemingly going forward for a while. Before today's game, I re-watched every offensive snap of the Cardinals game last week. Particularly on running plays, it's hard to tell sometimes whose assignment is whose, and it looks like the guys in charge of executing those assignments feel the same way. I don't remember this being a problem last year, and I can't remember if they were using a zone blocking scheme as they are this year. But I'm really beginning to have my doubts as to whether what they are trying to do this year plays into the strength of the players we have. I'm not sure how much of that is on Boudreau and how much on Boras, but ultimately the buck stops with the latter.

As for Fisher's call on the fake punt, it's one of those things where you're a genius with huge balls if it's successful and an idiot if it's not. That being said, I don't think it was the time and place to go for it given that the defense, after settling down, had only given up a field goal since the early 2nd quarter. Putting a guy in motion on a punt play is pretty stupid too. And third ... look, I get the Bradley Marquez love, he's great on special teams, and that's a phase of the game that should not be overlooked. But that's it. He's not a guy who should have the ball in his hands with the game on the line. He's a great gunner, but he's extremely limited as a receiver and a runner.

I'm not going to call out the defense though, as some are. They were dealt a big blow before the game and had some rough early going. But despite that adversity, they were able to pull it together, get some stops, and limit the Bills to three points from early in the second quarter until late in the fourth quarter when the botched fake punt put their backs to the wall. I'll give them some props for responding the way they did instead of falling apart.

All in all, a very frustrating loss of a winnable game. Three big turnovers, two of which led directly to 14 points for the Bills, and another one that iced the game for them were too much to overcome. With a QB like Keenum, we are not good enough to win when we lose the turnover battle, at least not when we are on the wrong end of a 3-0 turnover ratio.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
No matter the year, Rams coaches, players.
If Shady McCoy was in the Rams division he'd be the 1st player to get elected to the HOF while still playing.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't have much to say. The passing concepts are actually great considering Keenum's limitations.(his struggles using the middle of the field and throwing to the intermediate range) The receivers are playing good football. But we're not going anywhere with Keenum at QB. He's too limited. We had a chance to take the lead today when it was 16-16. Keenum handed them 7 points. That cost us the game.

And then Fisher doubled down on that mistake with that idiotic fake punt call.

Greg Robinson's effort today was pathetic. Especially late in the game.

I knew the defense wasn't going to stop the run. They were just too decimated by injuries. Tru is probably out 4-6 weeks at minimum. We need to get our DL back healthy now.

All in all, it sucks to lose, but if it gets Goff in the game, I'll take it. We still have a chance this year. We actually have a passing offense that could be quite good with a more talented QB.
Tru coming off the field ....putting zero weight on that right foot....
My low point of the day.

Welcome back Coty.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
That pick six was a killer, but keenum was 14 for 15 outside of that pick at that point. Still if Goff is ready to go its time to let the kid play. For keenum to be successful he's gotta hit those bombs like the one to Quick on the go route where he had separation.

I defended G Rob earlier, but he was absolutely horrendous in clear passing situations. Keenum also not great in these situations doesn't have the arm talent for it.

The LBs just atrocious. Really got exposed without Brock protecting them and when asked to make plays in space.

Real disappointing effort by the offenses considering the Bills O did nothing in the second half

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
i watch pretty much all my football via redzone .. So therefore see a lot of nfl offeneses I see 25 yard lasers ... I see 60 yards bombs .. I see runs to the outside that move the chains ... Unfortunately none of these are when the Rams are on redzone which isn't very often ...... Case I admire your grit ..your determination .. Your guts (you need it with this porous o line ) but sadly you are lacking in key areas

It's time for the rookie to come in and no doubt he will suck sometimes .. I'm sure he will throw a few Ints .... But it's time for him to take over his team

I'm tired of giving my sleep to this Rams team its 12.35 I have to be up at 5.30 for a 10 hour day .. I probably won't sleep till 1 .. 1.30
While my blood is still boiling from boneheaded coaching calls .. Throws that most QB's can make getting taken home for 6 by the other team ... I know we win as a team and lose as team I know we had some injuries to key played on D yet they still steped up and held the bills on the second half .... We need offense we need points we need Goff
It is time.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Since this is the vent thread....

Something else that pisses me off with Fisher is that he says he's in control of the time outs. Why the freak don't you let the QB use them if he wants. Look at the teams around the league that have a good QB. They can call a time out if they don't like something....or to not get a delay of game.
Ok. 10000 like for this.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since this is the vent thread....

Something else that pisses me off with Fisher is that he says he's in control of the time outs. Why the freak don't you let the QB use them if he wants. Look at the teams around the league that have a good QB. They can call a time out if they don't like something....or to not get a delay of game.

Personally, I think a timeout is worth more than 5 yards. I'm glad we didn't use them to prevent delay of game penalties. But I did lose my shit when we got 2 delay of game penalties in 3 or 4 plays.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Frankly. We got beat by a team that ran the ball where no one runs against us if not missing Brockers, Quinn, and Hayes. Brockers alone probably stops at least 50 of those yards at the point of attack. The Rams played hard. Keenum had a couple bad throws. The O-line is just not playing well - period.

All in all though, we played hard and got beat by someone who played better. Quick looked good. Britt looked good. Austin looked pretty good too. When given any kind of hole, Gurley was beasting.

So people can vent all they want on this thread. I just don't see much to vent about other than we lost with a depleted D-line.
Of the 3 inactive today, it was Brockers that concerned me the most. The run d was going to suffer and many of us knew it.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
^^ Or if not a timeout , how about a freakin audible for goodness sake??? If it looks like the play is going to get blown up 5 yards behind the LOS, why run it? If we can see it at home, why can't these dipshits see it out there? They get paid for that shit.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Personally, I think a timeout is worth more than 5 yards. I'm glad we didn't use them to prevent delay of game penalties. But I did lose my crap when we got 2 delay of game penalties in 3 or 4 plays.
I'm with Bluesy on this. Your QB needs to have the option to call the time out if needed.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
^^ Or if not a timeout , how about a freakin audible for goodness sake??? If it looks like the play is going to get blown up 5 yards behind the LOS, why run it? If we can see it at home, why can't these dipshits see it out there? They get paid for that crap.

I concur and raise my fist with you over these concerns
fist.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with Bluesy on this. Your QB needs to have the option to call the time out if needed.

Does he not have the option? It occurred to me that the Rams didn't want him to call a timeout to prevent a delay of game.

^^ Or if not a timeout , how about a freakin audible for goodness sake??? If it looks like the play is going to get blown up 5 yards behind the LOS, why run it? If we can see it at home, why can't these dipshits see it out there? They get paid for that crap.

Keenum can audible it. He can also call timeouts, as far as I know.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Does he not have the option? It occurred to me that the Rams didn't want him to call a timeout to prevent a delay of game.

Keenum can audible it. He can also call timeouts, as far as I know.
I seriously don't think he does have the option.
I've never seen him call a time out. To have 2 Delay Of Game penalties within 4 Plays certainly is telling.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I seriously don't think he does have the option.
I've never seen him call a time out. To have 2 Delay Of Game penalties within 4 Plays certainly is telling.

Then why the fuck is he playing? If you can't trust your QB to call a timeout then why is he on the field? If no QB is to be trusted, then it's a failure on the coaches.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Then why the freak is he playing? If you can't trust your QB to call a timeout then why is he on the field? If no QB is to be trusted, then it's a failure on the coaches.
I don't recall any QB in the Fisher era calling time outs. It appears none of his QB'S have the option.
Maybe I'm wrong.

I believe they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.