The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce2980

Starter
what it's time for is Fisher getting the freak outta LA. this team isn't winning crap with this guy coaching

punt the ball away and we still have a shot but he wants to be cute and it freaked us
What better way to fake a punt than to telegraph to the opposing team that we may be running a fake by putting a man in motion. Just snap the dam ball if you are going to fake it. And why do it to begin with, our defense was winning games, they would have more than likley stopped them if not create a turnover. I guess he had NO faith in Keenum's ability to drive the offense down the field and score a TD, cause he aint got the balls to say he had no faith in that defense even with 3 starting linemen out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been probably the biggest GRob backer but it's hard to even think about supporting him anymore after this week. He also got away with a bad hold on one of Gurley's early big runs that went to the left where he broke a CB's tackle. GRob did a great job of grabbing the guy and spinning him around on the close up replay.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fisher sucks, but our OL sucks more.
My fear is that Goff start someday and get killd because of our horrendous Oline..
The only difference then would be him not getting rid of the ball....like a rookie QB. Keenum holds the ball and take some sacks at strange times. The o line has not played well. But generally Keenum has not gotten beaten up too badly. If Goff is really ready that would mean getting the ball out. That means not too much undue punishment.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Keenum has a low ceiling , we all know that but our D is why we lost that game. D line injuries and linebackers missing tackles really hurt. Can't expect keenum to put up 30points it just isn't going to happen

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
On one hand I see Keenum make Houdini like plays that not sure Goff would make to extend plays. But in the end he's just an average QB and personally not sure we will ever be a playoff team with him. He misses too many easy ones and doesn't always see the open guys downfield.

The Fisher call I hated. Our D was playing outstanding in the second half and we had 3 timeouts plus the 2 min warning.
The OL just isn't playing like it needs to. And the defensive injuries are just out of control. Not having our starters really hurt today. Way too many yards on the ground today given up.
Very winnable game we gave away. Seems our offense is really not bad in between the 20's but as soon as we get to the red zone it's like we just don't know what to do. Keep leaving so many points off the board.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_0842.GIF

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Frankly. We got beat by a team that ran the ball where no one runs against us if not missing Brockers, Quinn, and Hayes. Brockers alone probably stops at least 50 of those yards at the point of attack. The Rams played hard. Keenum had a couple bad throws. The O-line is just not playing well - period.

All in all though, we played hard and got beat by someone who played better. Quick looked good. Britt looked good. Austin looked pretty good too. When given any kind of hole, Gurley was beasting.

So people can vent all they want on this thread. I just don't see much to vent about other than we lost with a depleted D-line.

…..

Legend
So people can vent all they want on this thread. I just don't see much to vent about other than we lost with a depleted D-line.

I have to agree. I didnt see the game but followed along and we had several opportunities to win.

I was more impressed (relieved?) with the offense than I was beat up over the defense.

Good things to come, thats what I took from this game.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
Anyone else notice two delay of games penalty's when the coward was yelling. lol we are 0-2 at home.

moonshyne

UDFA
Fisher and offensive line lost this game. If Keenum had all day to throw he would be a better QB. Look at QBs like Tom Brady. He stands back there and texts his girlfriend before he has to release the ball. Not comparing the two, but it does make a huge difference.
The fake punt should have been called off when Fisher saw how the Bills were stacked on that side of the line. SMH

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
This team is trying to overcome sub-par QB play, questionable play-calling, a piss-poor O-Line and injuries to key players and yet here they are compounding all that with some of the most asinine penalties at the worst times.

Those penalties cost you games. No accountability and no discipline. This team isn't good enough or well coached enough to overcome all that. Fisher is delusional if he thinks they can continue to get away scraping by kicking FGs and hanging on for the win every week.

Another very winnable game that we just piss away. This is a C-minus team that's one late night out away from being a D-plus team. 7-9 is still a very real possibility.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
They have no balls on offense. I never get the feel that Boras has a concentrated gameplan to exploit the weakness of a D. He just runs the same plays in different orders with very mild success. They had Quick on a bomb, but Keenum missed. So of course they don't try it again. Britt seems to do very well on slants, so they throw one a game and call it a day. They hit Kendricks with a sweet boot play action to get the D flowing with Gurley and it worked perfectly. Do they run another play like that again? No, don't want to surprise the D too many times. The D line looks very average without Quinn AND Brockers. Now Tru is hobbled which is the last thing the secondary needed.
You choose a fake punt deep in your territory as the time to get aggressive?! I like Fish, but gawd damn was that dumb. He better have Goff ready to knock the wings off a fly at 30 yards or he won't last long in this town. This one tastes really bad, knocked right back into mediocrity territory and possibly worse.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
"We have every reason to be OK with where we are right now, I know there's a lot of team that would like to be 3-2 right now..." Jeff Fisher

To me, this is loser talk. Same thing as saying "well, 15 other teams lost this week" after the game 1 beating we took.

Get this loser and his loser mentality the fcck out of here.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Those penalties cost you games. No accountability and no discipline.
Well to be fair all Josh Forrest did was run straight into the punter, it's not like he did something really bad like have a girl in his camp room.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
We lost this game game becuase of coaching. Most will point to the fake punt BUT don't you guys recognize we run the ball ALMOST EVERY 1st down. And depending on the yardage and field position we will run on 2nd... we run with 8-10 men in the box.... yep, right at them, when we only have 5 linemen. Rarely a PA pass. Give me that high school offense we had last year when we only had 10 plays and just gave the ball to Austin or Gurley with the occasional double fake play action pass to Britt for 40 yards. At least even tho the other team knew what we were running we fooled them with fakes or just out right design of the play.

From game 1 I could call out plays. Run run pass punt run run pass punt run run run 1st down. Run pass sack run punt. Rinse and repeat

Robinson has sucked from day 1. I've been saying this since day 1. Move his ass to guard

Keemum is actually a decent qb. he shouldn't be a number 1 guy but he can get the job down but not for a whole seson

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
If he threw it better would have been a TA td too.

Thats true. Tavon had his man beat. Keenum needed to throw it a little inside and Tavon could run under it and stay in bounds. Touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.