The Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
This is the game I had circled as the barometer of the season, so it's pretty disappointing but fully expected. After all, to take last year's team with its biggest flaw at QB, do nothing to improve the QB, then expect different results would be insane. It's a bit annoying that they got my hopes up with the draft move and Goff song & dance, but once it was obvious the QB would not change then there really wasn't much in the way of expectations left. It's been fun watching them exceed expectations but ready for the 7-9 reality to set in now.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
Fisher sucks, but our OL sucks more.
My fear is that Goff start someday and get killd because of our horrendous Oline..

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't let Gurley off the hook either . Two fumbles

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I don't even know what to say any more.
I'm tired of losing in the same 'type' of ways each week.....shooting ourselves in the foot etc.

At least my wife is happy.

I'm officially tired of Fisher.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This is a joke right?

Missed Quick for a touchdown and threw a pick six... missed quick wide open another time on 3rd down and threw a 2 yard pass.

I think the coaching was worse than keenum.. but keenum did not play well today.
If he threw it better would have been a TA td too.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Should have went for it on 4th and goal. Idiotic not too when the Bills were running the ball so well.
If the Rams had any semblance of a running game it would be a whole different story. Snisher need to hire someone who can spot OL talent. It is obvious they can't. The OL coach needs to go. Something has to change.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree.But do you notice how it seems like we get super conservative at the goal line?I still believe
Fisher is responsible for that.maybe limiting what Boras can call in those situations.Thoughts?

I think that's more due to Keenum. His lack of arm talent makes it hard to consistently make the throws necessary in the red-zone.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is a joke right?

Missed Quick for a touchdown and threw a pick six... missed quick wide open another time on 3rd down and threw a 2 yard pass.

I think the coaching was worse than keenum.. but keenum did not play well today.
Forgot about missing Quick, that was not that close.
There were some well designed pass plays today. Keenum was efficient for the most part. The pick six looked like he determined the throw before the snap, wasn't late but the WR was covered and the guy jumped it. Not a good throw.
The Rams moved the ball and Keenum made some throws and certainly played well enough for them to win.
The biggest issue I see is the line. LT was not good again. Saffold was beaten badly several times. Just a blah O line performance, which is the norm.
Brown has a real ability to avoid blocking guys for plays at a time.
Gurley laying on the ground twice is strange too.
I think that Keenum played pretty well overall, no joking.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Had a feeling this one was going to come down to who made the least mistakes.

I agree with Rich Gannon. Don't know why we didn't try to throw one up there to Quick or Britt our last trip in the red zone. I'm baffled by the play calling at times. Gannon mentioned our lack of play action at the beginning of the game. I also agree with that statement as well. I thought we were going to be a more play action oriented offense. Especially with everyone keying on Gurley.

Our offensive line does miss a lot of blocks in the run game.

The pick 6 hurt obviously. Kind of reminds me of Austin Davis. Throwing a pick is one thing. But the pick 6s are death.

Am I the only one who thinks Marquez didn't see the corner coming on that fake punt when he kept running it outside? I could be wrong, but it looked like he kept running outside not knowing the corner wasn't blocked and coming at him. I thought he might have had a chance if he tried turning it up field. Didn't like that call there any way.

The penalties are still a problem. I had mentioned to a friend that thankfully the Bills were as undisciplined as the Rams.

Every time they cut to the coordinator booth and we see Boras and Groh, why do I get the feeling that Groh is thinking to himself..."I'm smarter than this guy. I could call a better game than him." Anyway, just a feeling. It looks like he has to tolerate sitting next to Boras.

I understand they're trying to protect Goff. And I'm not completely against it. And I'm not slamming Case. He battles. But why not give Mannion a shot? Mannion was a four year starter and I believe 3 year captain in a pro-style offense. You're telling me he's not at least as good as Case? He's got a year in the system. Biggert. Stronger. Younger. Why not see what he's got?

Strangely I'm not upset. I didn't think this team was as good as their record anyway. The one thing I pray is that Tru is ok and that the D line gets healthy.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I think that's more due to Keenum. His lack of arm talent makes it hard to consistently make the throws necessary in the red-zone.
and maybe his height plays more of a roll in the redzone as well.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Guy has a hell of a resume,but like you I am having my doubts
I too have my doubts, but I also think he has been dealt a really, really bad hand due to Snead/Fisher dealings with our O-Line. Our-O-Line is soft, lazy and undisciplined.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
If the offense is limited, this team can't lose the turnover battle, let alone give up the ball and let the other team's defense score off it.

We got some winnable games coming up against the Giants and Lions. Got to rebound.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the offense is limited, this team can't lose the turnover battle, let alone give up the ball and let the other team's defense score off it.

We got some winnable games coming up against the Giants and Lions. Got to rebound.

The Lions offense is quite good. Their defense has not been good. This is a good game to put Goff in for.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since this is the vent thread....

Something else that pisses me off with Fisher is that he says he's in control of the time outs. Why the fuck don't you let the QB use them if he wants. Look at the teams around the league that have a good QB. They can call a time out if they don't like something....or to not get a delay of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.