The ultimate QB - Agree or disagree?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
These guys and too many younger fans don't give enough credit to players from the past. Of course my past doesn't go back far enough to give guys from the 40s and 50s a lot of credit either.

Manning is great and a throwback to QBs who actually called their own plays I'm not sure how much Brady does that but there have been plenty in the past who I think have as good or better minds for the game. Bart Starr, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach

Not sure why Luck is the pick for the body I think Steve McNair should get some consideration here along with Roman Gabreil. Both guys who proved they could take a beating and still get the job done.

Legs Wilson isn't even in my top ten. Give me Steve Young.

Arm is a tough one Rogers is ok but might lack some of the touch, Brett Favre had a cannon too. Sammy Baugh what kind of game would he have with todays players and equipment? Bradshaw? Van Brocklin?

Lots too choose from to have none of the parts older than Manning

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Heart - Dieter Brock
Head - Dieter Brock
Body - Dieter Brock
Arm Strength - Dieter Brock
Accuracy - Dieter Brock
Legs - Browning Nagle

fearsomefour

Legend
The problem with Peyton is he cannot deal with a pass rush. He refuses to take a hit to deliver a ball on a consistent basis. He has (smartly) played to his strengths and been isolated to a degree running the no huddle, hurry up, quick release offenses he has thrived in. But, there are other guys mentally I would take over him because of his glaring weakness. As we have seen over his career when big games come and teams are determined to get after him he struggles generally.

WvuIN02

Starter
Give me Peyton's brain, with Rogers arm, Big Ben's body, and Cam's legs.

This. Luck over Ben? I'll take the guy who stood in the pocket time and time again swatting dudes aside on a clutch SB winning drive over the guy who has proven nothing yet. Ben is like trying to tackle a redwood.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I refuse to include Brady in any part of the optimum QB talk-head, legs, arm or whatever. Why? Because we really dont know if Brady is as good as Brady. How much has cheating enhanced his performances?
Forget how good he might be. He was given so many chances to succeed (Tuck rule, non-call Intentional grounding) by the zebras.

Then there's business of Brady knowing what he's really worth. Why do you think he's stayed with the Patriots all these years?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't disagree, would make a hell of a QB.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Half of his head would be looking for ways to cheat and win at any cost. The other half would be telling the officials to overturn calls and getting away with it.

The arm would have an arrogance about it, that would make you want to punch it in the face, if it had one.

Ram65

Legend
Ram Quarterbacks

Heart - Kurt Warner
Head - Pat Haden (Gulp)
Arm strength - Vince Ferragamo
Arm Accuracy - Norm Vanbroklin
Body - Roman Gabriel
Legs - James Harris

Back in the day 60's/70's IIRC it was Sports Illustrated that had this type of cover.

Body was Roman Gabriel.
Legs were Greg Landry Of the Lions. I think...can't remember the rest.

Gabriel would make throws with three defenders on a should and both legs. He was so strong and hard to bring down. Wish they hadn't traded him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If your going from a list of " Current Players " OK!
But if you want to go with " All Time Players" in the history of Football, NO!!
I'd go with;
* Fran Tarkington's leg
* Dan Marino's Body
* Joe Montana's Arm
and
* Peyton Manning's Head
(Tom Brady's deflated head doesn't work for me!)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gabriel would make throws with three defenders on a should and both legs. He was so strong and hard to bring down. Wish they hadn't traded him.

Traded him to the Eagles for Harold Jackson after having acquiring John Hadl from San Diego in 1973. Hadl went on to win the MVP that year and was traded for a bounty of draft choices to the Green Bay Packers in 74 for likes of Dennis Harrah & Nolan Cromwell to name a few.

Loved Garbriel, however, his trade did lead to the gift that kept on giving so that trade worked our very well for the Rams.

Ralph Wilson also offered O.J.Simpson to the Rams for Gabriel in 70 which George Allen turned down.

FRO

Legend
Somebody needs to make the ultimate QB out of average NFL QBs, past or current. That would be more interesting than taking some of the bests of the best. Make a Frankenstein.

iced

Hmmm Peyton or Brady..... Do I wanna play with cheat codes or not?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Somebody needs to make the ultimate QB out of average NFL QBs, past or current. That would be more interesting than taking some of the bests of the best. Make a Frankenstein.

All right. From quarterbacks who have been decidedly average:

Head: Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Arm Strength: Sam Bradford.
Arm Accuracy: Chad Pennington.
Legs: Vince Young
Body Type: Joe Flacco
Heart: Matt Flynn.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
If we're creating a mutant we might as well go all out...

Body: Orlando Pace
Speed/Agility: Michael Vick
Arm Strength: Aaron Rodgers
Football Mind: Peyton Manning
Accuracy: P.Manning
Clutch Factor: Brady
Heart: Brett Favre/Tebow

So a blazing fast scrambler who's 300+ pounds and nearly 7' tall. Not only is he impossible to tackle, he also has the smarts to dissect a defense, the accuracy to hit his targets, the strength to fire it downfield and the heart/clutch factor to win in the final seconds.

I imagine he might look something like this...

images