The Sky Isn't Falling...Yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to try and inject some optimism into this place. The season isn't over, the sky isn't falling, and the Rams aren't the worst team in football. Am I angry? Yes. I am angry that the team came out and played that poorly in week 1. That all said, there are 15 games left in the season. We were down to our 3rd string QB when the game went from 13-0 to 34-6.

And frankly, the game very likely could have been 6-0 if our starting QB never got hurt(as he was injured on the play with the INT and I think that contributed to throw-away not reaching the sidelines). Hell, the game could have been 9-0 at half if the refs had called the holding or even 7-6 Rams if the refs hadn't blown the call on the Cassel fumble when Quinn hit him from behind as the Rams likely have a scoop and score on that play.

Regardless, things didn't go our way and we lost...badly. But may I remind you...this isn't the first time this happened. We lost to Dallas by 24 last year. We lost to San Francisco by 23 last year. And that was with Sam Bradford.

Yes, we all thought we had the talent to beat Minnesota. We were all confident coming into the game. Maybe too confident. But there's no reason to give up on the season quite so soon. If the team comes out in the next couple games and doesn't look any better then I completely understand at that point. However, I think we're a better team than we showed against Minnesota and we'll come out and prove it. I still think this team wins 7ish games. Does that sound great? No. But we're not the 49ers, Seahawks, etc. We don't have the talent to compensate for losing our starting QB.

We probably won't be contending for the playoffs this year even with Shaun Hill. I hope we do but I don't see it as likely. However, I do believe we can be competitive. I also believe that Hill wasn't bad in the first half against the Vikings. I think the Rams as a whole can come out more focused and execute better. And when they do, you'll see a competitive team.

We're all pissed about the loss but the anger, resentment, disappointment, etc. just isn't contributing to anything. It just brings about more anger, resentment, disappointment, and misery. I don't enjoy posting on a board with that sort of attitude. People don't like pessimists. Nobody likes having their attitude drug down. People like having their attitude picked up.

Collect yourself and cheer up, we have 15 games left to play, we have a lot of football to enjoy(and hate) and this team still has plenty of time to right the ship. If we can get destroyed by 47 total points in back to back games last year and rebound to finish the year 6-6 with Kellen Clemens starting 9 of those games. We can sure as hell bounce back from this beating and do some damage with Shaun Hill.

WHO ARE WE?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome

I thought you would need someone giving a speech........ (some NSFW speech)

And the Rams are just the guys to do it..... Let's do it!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm going to try and inject some optimism into this place. The season isn't over, the sky isn't falling, and the Rams aren't the worst team in football. Am I angry? Yes. I am angry that the team came out and played that poorly in week 1. That all said, there are 15 games left in the season. We were down to our 3rd string QB when the game went from 13-0 to 34-6.

And frankly, the game very likely could have been 6-0 if our starting QB never got hurt(as he was injured on the play with the INT and I think that contributed to throw-away not reaching the sidelines). Hell, the game could have been 9-0 at half if the refs had called the holding or even 7-6 Rams if the refs hadn't blown the call on the Cassel fumble when Quinn hit him from behind as the Rams likely have a scoop and score on that play.

Regardless, things didn't go our way and we lost...badly. But may I remind you...this isn't the first time this happened. We lost to Dallas by 24 last year. We lost to San Francisco by 23 last year. And that was with Sam Bradford.

Yes, we all thought we had the talent to beat Minnesota. We were all confident coming into the game. Maybe too confident. But there's no reason to give up on the season quite so soon. If the team comes out in the next couple games and doesn't look any better then I completely understand at that point. However, I think we're a better team than we showed against Minnesota and we'll come out and prove it. I still think this team wins 7ish games. Does that sound great? No. But we're not the 49ers, Seahawks, etc. We don't have the talent to compensate for losing our starting QB.

We probably won't be contending for the playoffs this year even with Shaun Hill. I hope we do but I don't see it as likely. However, I do believe we can be competitive. I also believe that Hill wasn't bad in the first half against the Vikings. I think the Rams as a whole can come out more focused and execute better. And when they do, you'll see a competitive team.

We're all pissed about the loss but the anger, resentment, disappointment, etc. just isn't contributing to anything. It just brings about more anger, resentment, disappointment, and misery. I don't enjoy posting on a board with that sort of attitude. People don't like pessimists. Nobody likes having their attitude drug down. People like having their attitude picked up.

Collect yourself and cheer up, we have 15 games left to play, we have a lot of football to enjoy(and hate) and this team still has plenty of time to right the ship. If we can get destroyed by 47 total points in back to back games last year and rebound to finish the year 6-6 with Kellen Clemens starting 9 of those games. We can sure as hell bounce back from this beating and do some damage with Shaun Hill.

WHO ARE WE?
shake.gif

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
After forcing myself to rewatch the catastrophe a couple of times last night, my thoughts are this... If Hill can stay healthy, all is not lost.

The lines (pleural), will get their shit together, and the coaches will as well. We can still compete this season. Looking forward to seeing how this team responds to the challenge. Someone is going to have to step up as a leader on defense if Chris is out.

Last edited:

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I'm pissed about the loss still, but I am still optimistic. It will take more than just one game to convince me this season is over, at least as long as Hill is able to play. I for one think the team will turn it around and play much better ball on Sunday. It wouldn't shock me at all to see them kick the shit out of Tampa Bay.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Thats the pepper!! the way I look at it, we have the second best record in the NFL right now!! We are in second place in the division with plenty of football yet to play!! Go RAMS!!!

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
I'm with you. I might end up regretting it, but I'll get pumped up for the Rams again.
I wasn't as angry after Sunday as I was deflated. I felt like I'd been lied to for months. After watching year after year waiting for a turnaround, I believed it was finally here. I believed we did great in the draft. I believed our younger players were getting it. I believed training camp report that this was a different team with a different vibe. After Sam went down I was crushed, but after a few days I believed they would rally around Shaun Hill and play good football. When I got out of church on Sunday and checked the score, it was like getting kicked in the gut. Then I made the mistake of reading the "vent thread" Lol.
For the first time in years, I almost considered giving up and decided maybe it would make sense to listen to my wife and buy a Seahawks jersey. After all, living in Washington now...it makes sense right?
Screw that. This team might not be where I want them to be at the end of the year, but they're still the team I love, win or lose. I just want them to fight for it with everything they have in them. I want them to get stronger facing these challenges and not accept defeat, even if they're playing the Hags the last game of the season and they're 0-15... I want them to believe they can still win that game...because I will believe they can. A lot of you will believe they can. If they play like they believe they can win, I'll be a proud fan.
GO RAMS!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I just crapped in a tortilla. But before we get to calling what it is I'd like to sprinkle some cheese, sour cream ( made it myself) and tapatilla sauce. Yummy burrito eh? So why you want to call it poop? It's a burrito. Take a bite. Welcome to life of a rams fan.

jjab360

Legend
I just crapped in a tortilla. But before we get to calling what it is I'd like to sprinkle some cheese, sour cream ( made it myself) and tapatilla sauce. Yummy burrito eh? So why you want to call it poop? It's a burrito. Take a bite. Welcome to life of a rams fan.
I think you might have bigger problems than the Rams , buddy. ;)