The Sky Isn't Falling...Yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just crapped in a tortilla. But before we get to calling what it is I'd like to sprinkle some cheese, sour cream ( made it myself) and tapatilla sauce. Yummy burrito eh? So why you want to call it poop? It's a burrito. Take a bite. Welcome to life of a rams fan.

There are plenty of threads for you and your crappy tortilla. This is a thread for people that have a positive attitude. Don't need people dragging us down with their negativity. You might be unhappy and that's your right but don't try to drag us down to your level.

We are Rams fans and damn proud of it. :cool:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A win this week and we're 1-1.

I don't think anyone would complain with 2-1 heading into the bye.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As mentioned by others on other threads, Fisher coached teams are capable of laying an egg one week ... and then playing shockingly good the next. We've already laid the egg, so let's see what happens Sunday.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As mentioned by others on other threads, Fisher coached teams are capable of laying an egg one week ... and then playing shockingly good the next. We've already laid the egg, so let's see what happens Sunday.

The heat is on.

It's not something you or I.. Created.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
You folk wish to condition yourselves to be happy with mediocre then take a bite out of the burrito I made. Me? I expect more.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You folk wish to condition yourselves to be happy with mediocre then take a bite out of the burrito I made. Me? I expect more.

Then go expect more in another thread. There's plenty of room for frustration on this board. There are plenty of threads for it. This is not one. You don't want to be positive. Fine. Go elsewhere. It's disrespectful knowing what this thread is about to continue to complain in here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's a straw man. There isn't one fan on this board who wants to condition himself to be happy with mediocrity or losing. All this is, is a fan who's trying to rally the troops for another surge. When you see Rams players in the pre-game huddle before tomorrow's game, you'll see the same thing there as well. Here's where everyone agrees with you. Last week wasn't good. We deserve better. The team is capable of better. And enough is enough with those kinds of showings.

Here's where they don't agree with you. Same old, same old. This team will never be any good. I'm a realist and you're all delusional homers.

You're free to start a different thread to communicate how moribund this Organization is, and why the outlook is bleak.
That's not the intent of *this* thread.

Jwise1727

UDFA
I still believe in this team. Too much talent on both sides of the ball. I would hope that coming last in the power rankings is a motivator for this team.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I'm going to try and inject some optimism into this place. The season isn't over, the sky isn't falling, and the Rams aren't the worst team in football. Am I angry? Yes. I am angry that the team came out and played that poorly in week 1. That all said, there are 15 games left in the season. We were down to our 3rd string QB when the game went from 13-0 to 34-6.

And frankly, the game very likely could have been 6-0 if our starting QB never got hurt(as he was injured on the play with the INT and I think that contributed to throw-away not reaching the sidelines). Hell, the game could have been 9-0 at half if the refs had called the holding or even 7-6 Rams if the refs hadn't blown the call on the Cassel fumble when Quinn hit him from behind as the Rams likely have a scoop and score on that play.

Regardless, things didn't go our way and we lost...badly. But may I remind you...this isn't the first time this happened. We lost to Dallas by 24 last year. We lost to San Francisco by 23 last year. And that was with Sam Bradford.

Yes, we all thought we had the talent to beat Minnesota. We were all confident coming into the game. Maybe too confident. But there's no reason to give up on the season quite so soon. If the team comes out in the next couple games and doesn't look any better then I completely understand at that point. However, I think we're a better team than we showed against Minnesota and we'll come out and prove it. I still think this team wins 7ish games. Does that sound great? No. But we're not the 49ers, Seahawks, etc. We don't have the talent to compensate for losing our starting QB.

We probably won't be contending for the playoffs this year even with Shaun Hill. I hope we do but I don't see it as likely. However, I do believe we can be competitive. I also believe that Hill wasn't bad in the first half against the Vikings. I think the Rams as a whole can come out more focused and execute better. And when they do, you'll see a competitive team.

We're all pissed about the loss but the anger, resentment, disappointment, etc. just isn't contributing to anything. It just brings about more anger, resentment, disappointment, and misery. I don't enjoy posting on a board with that sort of attitude. People don't like pessimists. Nobody likes having their attitude drug down. People like having their attitude picked up.

Collect yourself and cheer up, we have 15 games left to play, we have a lot of football to enjoy(and hate) and this team still has plenty of time to right the ship. If we can get destroyed by 47 total points in back to back games last year and rebound to finish the year 6-6 with Kellen Clemens starting 9 of those games. We can sure as hell bounce back from this beating and do some damage with Shaun Hill.

WHO ARE WE?
Nice Job jrry,
No matter the future results it is time to move on and let go the pain.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I feel your pain brother, but remember this "Expectations are pre meditated resentments"

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or for a more upbeat bit of Churchhill - from my favorite Kinks album

Dick84

I'm respectfully avoiding this forum because I just can't buy into this team.

You call it an overreaction... I call it a "Blink" moment... a revelation.

If they can eclipse .500... I'll be back. But I don't think that will be until 2015.