PREGAME The Ravens up next - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The Ravens are arguably the best team in the NFL. But they particularly seem to always beat up on the Rams, they will be coming off a bye week, and have been crushing all NFC teams at home this year. Look what they did to Detroit. I am expecting a lopsided defeat as we don't match up with them well either. But who knows. Any given Sunday. They're without Rams killer Mark Andrews too, which helps, and are hardly unbeatable having lost to a few "lesser" teams this year. If the Rams pull this off, their playoff push will be in excellent position.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Justin Madubike is their DE. His game is power more than speed. That should play to Jackson's strength where he struggles with speed. Clowney plays opposite edge, i.e. on the strongside. He offers both power and speed and will be a challenge for Havenstein.

No, Justin Madubike is not a DE.

He's an inside player -- plays a lot of 3-tech in nickel, 4i in base... put can be seen on the nose, too.

Their NT is Pierce. They have another big guy they rotate with Pierce.

Clowney plays weakside edge as well as strongside edge.

The edge guys opposite Clowney have been Oweh (who has been hurt) and Van Noy. They have edge guys they rotate in with them so you get different combinations.

When healthy, they have a deep front line with Smith and Queen off the ball.

Attachments

• 2023-12-04_19-24-38.jpg
    2023-12-04_19-24-38.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 2023-12-04_19-26-14.jpg
    2023-12-04_19-26-14.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2023-12-04_19-32-26.jpg
    2023-12-04_19-32-26.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 25
  • 2023-12-04_19-23-50.jpg
    2023-12-04_19-23-50.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 2023-12-04_19-49-40.jpg
    2023-12-04_19-49-40.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 25
  • 2023-12-04_19-50-12.jpg
    2023-12-04_19-50-12.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2023-12-04_19-24-38.jpg
    2023-12-04_19-24-38.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 26

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1-3 4-10 11-20 21-28 29-32

Some stats in this matchup...

Margin of Victory: Rams 1.3 (13th) Ravens 11.4 (3rd)

OFFENSE

Scoring: Rams 22.3 (13th) Ravens 27.0 (7th)
Passer Rating: Rams 83.8 (22nd) Ravens 98.8 (6th)
Yards per Rush: Rams 4.3 (13th) Ravens 4.9 (2nd)
Third Down: Rams 40.88% (13th) Ravens 43.42% (7th)
Redzone (TD%): Rams 62.86% (7th) Ravens 64.58% (T-3rd)

DEFENSE

Scoring: Rams 21.1 (14th) Ravens 15.6 (1st)
Passer Against: Rams 85.3 (10th) Ravens 72.5 (1st)
Yards per Rush: Rams 4.2 (14th) Ravens 4.3 (22nd)
Third Down: Rams 40% (T-19th) Ravens 36.16% (7th)
Redzone (TD%): Rams 52.79%(15th) Ravens 37.50% (3rd)
Turnover %: Rams 7.7% (30th) Ravens 11.7% (16th)
Pressure %: Rams 18.2% (27th) Ravens 20.6% (22nd)

NOTES

:helmet: Ravens statistically are a Super Bowl level team. Their scoring against is not just good, they are elite on defense. They also are over +10 in margin of victory thanks to a very good offense that is built for balance.

:helmet: Ravens surprisingly are porous vs the run. Not a big deal though as some teams like that can situationally get it done vs the run when they need to. Not a perfect stat to use ypr (success rate is better) but it's easy to look up.

:helmet: Ravens are absolutely brutal on QBs. This is notably in spite of a low pressure rate. They do not pressure or hurry opposing QBs well which contributes to their mediocre turnover rate per drive. But when you look at QB bottom line they play like shit vs this defense which I interpret to mean their secondary is lights out.

:helmet: Defensively the Rams are at risk of being worn down. This risk is due to the Ravens quality on the ground, plus the Rams being a bit short in rotation run stuffers. Rams were gassed vs Cleveland and Baltimore's gonna be much more of a threat to take advantage of that. Also I think they will wear our defense down quicker due to that ground game quality.

:helmet: The Rams offensively offer some risk for the Ravens. Their run game is much better than the stats show, first off, as those numbers reflect earlier season games with Henderson's carries in the total. Williams is as good as it gets in terms of that ground threat this year. Also I think the Rams might be able to sustain drives and if they can get into the redzone are good enough to put some points on the board vs this Ravens defense.

Way I see this one is the Ravens will gradually pull away based on the fact the Rams won't be able to sustain drives as well as them. So the best thing the Rams can do in this game is get a lead on them early to try to limit their ground threat. But it's hard to see a path to a win for us in this game. Ravens are coming off a bye and have a fine staff who will be honed in. If we do get this win it will require an inspired gameplan on both sides of the ball and a full team effort. Also this one puts a lot on Stafford's shoulders. I think this is the toughest matchup on our season sched.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
............ Ravens are coming off a bye and have a fine staff who will be honed in. If we do get this win it will require an inspired gameplan on both sides of the ball and a full team effort. Also this one puts a lot on Stafford's shoulders. I think this is the toughest matchup on our season sched.
Thanks for taking the time to put these stats up Merlin.
Always good to know the opponent and the realities of what we're up against.

They say iron sharpens iron.
And the Ravens are catching a hot team playing inspired football right now.
Can't fucking wait for Sunday. This is going to be a great December football game.

I watch this football team rooting for more Ws than Ls.
But I think its the sweet victories that make us fans.
A victory against this good, well rested Ravens team would be very sweet.

Go Rams!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
90% chance of rain on Sunday.
Stafford already has his work cut out in this one. Freezing rain on top of that ouch so hopefully it won't be too cold.

Ellard80

Legend
windy and rainy Sunday.... yeah id say that's a slight advantage for them.

We are the better passing team.

However, their pass defense is ferocious - so a conservative run game plan is probably more the route to go.

Ellard80

Legend
also want add...

another example of this dumb fucking nfl scheduling.

we play the ravens on the road in 2021 as well... and the colts... and always the packers

Who is in charge of this shit- it's a bunch of trash.

I know there are formulas they use-but other factors need to be considered.

Do better NFL

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Just a bad matchup against a team that’s loaded & rested, at home.

If the Rams keep this one close, I’ll be impressed, given circumstances.

But. Like they say… any given Sunday!!!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
1-3 4-10 11-20 21-28 29-32

Some stats in this matchup...

Margin of Victory: Rams 1.3 (13th) Ravens 11.4 (3rd)

OFFENSE

Scoring: Rams 22.3 (13th) Ravens 27.0 (7th)
Passer Rating: Rams 83.8 (22nd) Ravens 98.8 (6th)
Yards per Rush: Rams 4.3 (13th) Ravens 4.9 (2nd)
Third Down: Rams 40.88% (13th) Ravens 43.42% (7th)
Redzone (TD%): Rams 62.86% (7th) Ravens 64.58% (T-3rd)

DEFENSE

Scoring: Rams 21.1 (14th) Ravens 15.6 (1st)
Passer Against: Rams 85.3 (10th) Ravens 72.5 (1st)
Yards per Rush: Rams 4.2 (14th) Ravens 4.3 (22nd)
Third Down: Rams 40% (T-19th) Ravens 36.16% (7th)
Redzone (TD%): Rams 52.79%(15th) Ravens 37.50% (3rd)
Turnover %: Rams 7.7% (30th) Ravens 11.7% (16th)
Pressure %: Rams 18.2% (27th) Ravens 20.6% (22nd)

NOTES

:helmet: Ravens statistically are a Super Bowl level team. Their scoring against is not just good, they are elite on defense. They also are over +10 in margin of victory thanks to a very good offense that is built for balance.

:helmet: Ravens surprisingly are porous vs the run. Not a big deal though as some teams like that can situationally get it done vs the run when they need to. Not a perfect stat to use ypr (success rate is better) but it's easy to look up.

:helmet: Ravens are absolutely brutal on QBs. This is notably in spite of a low pressure rate. They do not pressure or hurry opposing QBs well which contributes to their mediocre turnover rate per drive. But when you look at QB bottom line they play like shit vs this defense which I interpret to mean their secondary is lights out.

:helmet: Defensively the Rams are at risk of being worn down. This risk is due to the Ravens quality on the ground, plus the Rams being a bit short in rotation run stuffers. Rams were gassed vs Cleveland and Baltimore's gonna be much more of a threat to take advantage of that. Also I think they will wear our defense down quicker due to that ground game quality.

:helmet: The Rams offensively offer some risk for the Ravens. Their run game is much better than the stats show, first off, as those numbers reflect earlier season games with Henderson's carries in the total. Williams is as good as it gets in terms of that ground threat this year. Also I think the Rams might be able to sustain drives and if they can get into the redzone are good enough to put some points on the board vs this Ravens defense.

Way I see this one is the Ravens will gradually pull away based on the fact the Rams won't be able to sustain drives as well as them. So the best thing the Rams can do in this game is get a lead on them early to try to limit their ground threat. But it's hard to see a path to a win for us in this game. Ravens are coming off a bye and have a fine staff who will be honed in. If we do get this win it will require an inspired gameplan on both sides of the ball and a full team effort. Also this one puts a lot on Stafford's shoulders. I think this is the toughest matchup on our season sched.

A brutal but realistic take

WestCoastRam

Legend
No, Justin Madubike is not a DE.

He's an inside player -- plays a lot of 3-tech in nickel, 4i in base... put can be seen on the nose, too.

Their NT is Pierce. They have another big guy they rotate with Pierce.

Clowney plays weakside edge as well as strongside edge.

The edge guys opposite Clowney have been Oweh (who has been hurt) and Van Noy. They have edge guys they rotate in with them so you get different combinations.

When healthy, they have a deep front line with Smith and Queen off the ball.
Dude also thinks Jackson doesn't know how to play from the pocket. I honestly don't know what game he watches.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is the only time we played them with Lamar:
I was at that game, it was much uglier than the box score. I pray that we do not see a repeat of that game, it was over before the start of the 2nd quarter. Their O had their way with our D and forced us into pass mode and their D feasted on our O. I dont remember seeing a such an ugly game by our Rams in the 46 yrs I've been watching them.