The Rams will "connect with" QB Stetson Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, I think we're talking something much more severe than just substance abuse problems.
Yeah, could be a mental health issue along with some substance abuse issues. Maybe depression with struggling to adapt from being big man on campus to back up QB, 3000 miles away from GA... or he just has some family issues or other personal problems, etc...

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, could be a mental health issue along with some substance abuse issues. Maybe depression with struggling to adapt from being big man on campus to back up QB, 3000 miles away from GA... or he just has some family issues or other personal problems, etc...
It's worse than just depression

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Yeah, I was wrong about this pick.

As most of you kept telling me.

I wish Stetson nothing but the best in his personal life.

sloramfan

Starter
so what the f happened to him?

and why all the cloak and dagger?

if he's got a problem with something... welcome to the real world... or should i say, personally, welcome to my world...

who the hell isn't dealig with some sort of shit in their lives???

hey, we all want him to come out of whatever, and be the greatest story since kurt warner...

we're rams fans we can't help it...

i thought he was a pretty good QB, especially where we picked him up, and was hopeful we solved our back-up qb issue...

now... feels like no one knows anything, or is just not letting anything out...

is it really that bad?

go rams

slo

oldnotdead

Legend
Time to release him and move on. Preseason showed he's not close to being able to play in the NFL. He plays like it's sandlot football, just looking to wing it all the time. His NFL career is done. Wish him well (Sincerely) and move on.

The Rams are going to take a QB this year be it in the first round or later as a long term backup.

I say again offer a 5th round pick to the Eagles for Tanner McKee and get a backup for this year with the real potential to be a legit starter. He's a pure pocket QB who has a good arm to make accurate throws at all levels. The Rams made a huge mistake in taking Bennett and passing on other legit QBs.

The bottom line is that this year is deep in QBs. McVay's current offense is far more QB friendly in terms of what they are looking for. A QB with enough arm talent to throw with accuracy and velocity out to 25 yds. A pocket QB who knows how to read and can go through his progressions quickly and make good decisions. They actually can be found even in the mid-rounds. Hell, look at Purdy. Most here deride Purdy but he's not merely a "game manager" type of QB. In the right system with decent WRs and OL he can be very good. His game in many respects is similar to Goff.

All I'm saying is that draft position is no measure of the player. Look no further than Nacua. Spencer Rattler is a QB who will probably drop at least to the second day. He has starter potential in a system like McVay's current offense. He can throw a decent deep pass but his game is short to intermediate when playing in the pocket. He's generally thought of as a two year project player, but I think if given good coaching he can be a starter for the right team in his second year. Of all the QBs that might be on the board at 19, Spencer very well could be. Whether he drops far enough to take in the second round is debatable. But he potentially gives the Rams a QB they won't have to trade up to get. Spencer is a Goff/Purdy like QB thou he's a bit undersized (about as tall as Brock Purdy) he can play from the pocket or move well enough to extend the play.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
so what the f happened to him?

and why all the cloak and dagger?

if he's got a problem with something... welcome to the real world... or should i say, personally, welcome to my world...

who the hell isn't dealig with some sort of shit in their lives???

hey, we all want him to come out of whatever, and be the greatest story since kurt warner...

we're rams fans we can't help it...

i thought he was a pretty good QB, especially where we picked him up, and was hopeful we solved our back-up qb issue...

now... feels like no one knows anything, or is just not letting anything out...

is it really that bad?

go rams

slo
Yeah - I think that whole Kelly Stafford thing really was a part of him venting what he saw or heard.

Whatever it was it showed the other Rookies how fast a person’s life or career can end.Then having Akers & Jefferson get traded.
—Stinson’s preseason wasn’t very good.I think The Rams want to bring back Carson Wentz back at a reasonable price ? Then this years draft is stacked at QB.Next off season there will be a lot of young arms with experience as FA’s.
The question is it really that bad ? Sean Mcvay talked about the Ecosystem of why he probably won’t be back.It’s the culture The Rams want.Why The Rams haven’t talked to him about 2024 is sort of bizarre? He went to Georgia for like a Senior Celebration night ? He was honored & signed autographs.
His hair was really short & he didn’t look physically strong.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Have you read anything more concrete? All I’ve read from Georgia sites is Alcoholism
Nope. And I'll be clear. I haven't.

Do you think all this silence and secrecy is just over substance abuse?

FWIW, Jourdan has reported that she's been told it's not related to his past problems. I think this is a truth, in a way.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Didn’t like the selection.

Wasn’t impressed with his preseason performance.

Sorry he’s going through something.

Hope he’s ok.

Don’t expect him back.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nope. And I'll be clear. I haven't.

Do you think all this silence and secrecy is just over substance abuse?

FWIW, Jourdan has reported that she's been told it's not related to his past problems. I think this is a truth, in a way.
Some families are more secretive than others.

I do trust Jordan, but that could be anything.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The way I see it, no one hits on every draft pick. Especially on day 3. Chalk it up to a miss and move on.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
His first pre-season outing was pretty decent. I have to think whatever he's going through had a lot to do with the poor play in the next two. I still think the guy could play if not for whatever non-football shit that's going on.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Wait until we get into a conversation of toradol abuse in the NFL... gonna blow your mind!

Anyone remember a guy named Favre?

Yeah, but Toradol has far less addictive properties (if any) than alcohol, which is why it’s not a controlled substance. It’s just an NSAID…think more powerful Ibuprofen.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
His first pre-season outing was pretty decent. I have to think whatever he's going through had a lot to do with the poor play in the next two. I still think the guy could play if not for whatever non-football shit that's going on.
I believe he was dealing with a shoulder/elbow injury after W1 of Preseason.

And I wonder if that didn't trigger an addiction.