The Rams will "connect with" QB Stetson Bennett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
good morning loser GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just hope he got the help he needed.

If he’s good to go and football isn’t harming him further, then cool.

Wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all if he worked out and we had one less slot to fill

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
In before the lock/flood.
Personally, I think it’s good that the team shows that it doesn’t view players simply as disposable meat sacks.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I get the feeling the next time we see him on a football field it will be holding a microphone. For his sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I’m thinking if you see the Rams draft a QB in the 6th round, someone like Hart, Reed, or Milton, that will let you know the fate of Bennett.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
At this point Stetson is an absolute long shot at best. There is no way that the Rams, at this point can base any plans on him. If they feel that Stafford and Wentz (if resigned) are short term at best, they need to draft another QB (as they did Stetson last year) with hope of striking gold (while risking losing a valuable pick)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't hate the kid. It was a shame that he was living his NFL dream, competing for a spot on this team when he disappeared with almost no explanation. He didn't seem to have a very high ceiling as an NFL QB, but who knows for sure? I'd welcome him back to take another shot at making the team.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
If there is one thing that life has taught me, it is " Whatever does not kill you can make you stronger". Many people have to overcome trials and tribulations during their lifetimes, and these provide charter building opportunities. Let me end by repeating a saying that was posted in a gym I trained at: " A block of granite is an obstacle in the path of the weak but a mere steppingstone to the strong".

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope Bennetts is getting better, but I would rather move on. Any problem that involves some sort of rehab, has a way of rearing its ugly head down the road.

If he’s has an addiction, that’s a life long condition. I don’t like my team relying on a player that could be unreliable.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I hope Bennetts is getting better, but I would rather move on. Any problem that involves some sort of rehab, has a way of rearing its ugly head down the road.

If he’s has an addiction, that’s a life long condition. I don’t like my team relying on a player that could be unreliable.
Yeah, rock bottom is a lot further down than people realize.
Which is where many have to end up, before they can finally find success.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Hate to have a Max Crosby on our hands!

WestCoastRam

Legend
You named one great player that overcame abuse! You win a prize!
Also and seriously, I think Stetsons issues go beyond substance abuse and that's why this has been such a "mystery." I wouldn't worry a ton about a player with abuse issues on the team. I'm sure we have some in active abuse. I believe his issues are bigger than that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Also and seriously, I think Stetsons issues go beyond substance abuse and that's why this has been such a "mystery." I wouldn't worry a ton about a player with abuse issues on the team. I'm sure we have some in active abuse. I believe his issues are bigger than that.
It depends on the extent of the disease. It is considered a disease.

I’ve worked with young men and women for eight years. Many had drug and alcohol abuse problems holding them back. Several turned their lives around without rehab. The ones that did require rehab were never one and done. Is that Bennett? If he is to be the Rams sole backup QB, then I do not want to find out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let’s hope that Stetson can recover, first and foremost. If he’s in a healthy enough state to rejoin the team, that’s a bonus, but I just hope he’ll be okay, period.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It depends on the extent of the disease. It is considered a disease.

I’ve worked with young men and women for eight years. Many had drug and alcohol abuse problems holding them back. Several turned their lives around without rehab. The ones that did require rehab were never one and done. Is that Bennett? If he is to be the Rams sole backup QB, then I do not want to find out.
Yeah, I think we're talking something much more severe than just substance abuse problems.