The Pre-Season NFL Major Injury Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sham-has-potentially-significant-knee-injury/

Steelers kicker Suisham has “potentially significant” knee injury
Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdlmmy2odvhymvjztu5y2i1zjrjztrlzjdhnzdhmty4-e1439177860270.jpeg
AP

The primary goal of preseason action isn’t to win games but to not lose players. In that regard, the Steelers sustained what could be serious blow during Sunday night’s 14-3 loss to the Vikings.

Kicker Shaun Suisham suffered a knee injury, reportedly on the third-quarter kickoff. After the game, coach Mike Tomlin dubbed the injury “potentially significant,” via Ed Bouchette of thePittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Suisham, the only kicker on the roster, tackled Marcus Sherels on the play, apparently suffering the injury while going to the ground.

So the Steelers will need to quickly find another kicker or two, and the quality of the kicker they find could impact whether they go for one from the 15 or opt to go for two from much closer to the end zone.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sham-has-potentially-significant-knee-injury/

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdlmmy2odvhymvjztu5y2i1zjrjztrlzjdhnzdhmty4-e1439177860270.jpeg
AP

The primary goal of preseason action isn’t to win games but to not lose players. In that regard, the Steelers sustained what could be serious blow during Sunday night’s 14-3 loss to the Vikings.

Kicker Shaun Suisham suffered a knee injury, reportedly on the third-quarter kickoff. After the game, coach Mike Tomlin dubbed the injury “potentially significant,” via Ed Bouchette of thePittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Suisham, the only kicker on the roster, tackled Marcus Sherels on the play, apparently suffering the injury while going to the ground.

So the Steelers will need to quickly find another kicker or two, and the quality of the kicker they find could impact whether they go for one from the 15 or opt to go for two from much closer to the end zone.
So let's send them Palardy for a 2016 5th or 6th rounder right now! We know he's not making our team.

A55VA6

Legend

AP

Update:

View: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/630833622380056576

Psycho_X

Legend
Looks like it was dislocated instead.

RT @AdamSchefter: A Cardinals official said Arizona WR Michael Floyd will miss 3-4 weeks after he dislocated multiple fingers during practice today.

Saw earlier, can't remember where now, that the fingers he dislocated actually ended up, take a deep breath if you're squeamish, breaking the skin and protruding through his palm. So that could potentially be a little more serious? Either way, makes me sick to think about lol.

DVontel

Rookie
Saw earlier, can't remember where now, that the fingers he dislocated actually ended up, take a deep breath if you're squeamish, breaking the skin and protruding through his palm. So that could potentially be a little more serious? Either way, makes me sick to think about lol.
Yea, I read about it.

His return now is uncertain.

A55VA6

Legend
WOW. Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw after being sucker punched by UDFA LB Ik Enemkpali. Enemkpali was immediately released.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
^^^ I was watching when it happened last night....that was nasty.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ner-with-a-pair-of-players-with-broken-bones/

Chargers leave opener with a pair of players with broken bones
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 14, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptk3mdyxmjg1mty3ztiznjezyte4ogvkogmyymuwm2m4-e1439572004512.jpeg
Getty Images

Regardless what the scoreboard said, the Chargers lost last night.

According to Ross Jones of FOXSports.com, incumbent right guard Johnnie Troutman suffered a broken arm during last night’s win over the Cowboys.

And according to Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune, outside linebacker Tourek Williams suffered a broken foot and will need surgery.

The Chargers were looking at D.J. Fluker at right guard anyway, but after the injuries up front they went through last year, having depth issues already has to create flashbacks.

Williams was a promising pass-rusher on the team that doesn’t have enough, which makes the win over the Cowboys the very worst kind.

A55VA6

Legend
All these injuries make me nervous about tonight. I sure hope we make it out clean.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Damn, son. /cringe...

image.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All these injuries make me nervous about tonight. I sure hope we make it out clean.

Brother, you just said a cotton-pickin' mouthful!

1) NO INJURIES. We can look like the crap. We have more time to practice. Can't practice our way out of season ending injuries.

2) First units look good. After #1, our first units need to have some snap to them. We can't get off to a slow start this year, so our #1 units need to be able to get off the dime.

3) Smart play. Guys need to have their heads in the game. Make the coaches decisions hard. I'd love for cut down day to be a coin toss on a lot of guys because so many really stepped up (especially Christian Bryant).

But, seriously... no injuries. The only Ram I want to see on his back some guy stretching before the game...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-knee-injury-adds-to-rough-start-for-giants/

Landon Collins knee injury adds to rough start for Giants
Posted by Josh Alper on August 14, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq2m2e0zwnhymfjztlhota1ndnlzwyzmguxnjewm2jm-e1439598322852.jpeg
AP

That defense lost one of its newest members when rookie safety Landon Collins left the game with a knee injury. There’s no indication of the severity at the moment, but the Giants lost Mykele Thompson, another rookie safety, to an Achilles injury that called for a cart to take him to the locker room. That doesn’t bode well for the fifth-round pick and any absence for Collins will require the Giants to look outside the organization to bolster an already thin spot on the roster.

UPDATE 9:25 p.m. ET: The Giants say x-rays on Collins’s knee were negative, but he may be in for further evaluation once the team returns to New Jersey.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-defensive-backs-bengals-lose-rex-burkhead/

The Giants, meanwhile, added to their tally of injured defensive backs when cornerbacksTrumaine McBride and Jayron Hosley were both forced from the game. Safeties Landon Collins and Mykkele Thompson had already departed and the team played without cornerback Prince Amukamara and safety Nat Berhe, so there are definitely some injury issues to sort out in the Giants secondary.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ius-thomas-fractured-finger-against-steelers/

Report: Julius Thomas fractured finger against Steelers
Posted by Josh Alper on August 14, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq1yzbmzdyxotq3nzu3ztninju5nzbloweyyjqwzjvi-e1439606880303.jpeg
AP

Tight end Julius Thomas’s first game with the Jaguars ended early on Friday night.

Thomas left the team’s game against the Steelers after making one catch for two yards with what the team called a left hand injury. Ian Rapoport of NFL media reported that the injury is a fractured finger and that the team hopes it will have a minimal impact on Thomas’s play.

Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union quotes a source who says it is a “small fracture” and that the team hopes to know more about his status after further evaluation on Saturday.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently White needs a rod inserted in his leg to stabilize the tibia.