The Positives Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
Just to expand on my previous post - loved the energy of Barrett Jones tonight. Thought he had a lot of key blocks and seemed to be everywhere in the 2nd half. Didn't watch Rhaney close enough to make a good judgement on him tonight, but was pleasantly surprised at how well Jones looked. Did Barnes play?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it's jones turn to start next game. does that mean the coaching staff think he is the best man for the job because it's game 3 or that's just how it worked out?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
1. Rhaney is winning the Center competition.

2. It's Preseason
Yeah.
I thought he looked pretty good.
His best play was when he bulldozed his guy into Brown then, very athletically, busted the guy blitzing the gap.
He looks like our guy at C so far. Maybe it will allow Jones to play guard if needed over Washington.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know this is the positives thread but I'll say that Rhaney's game was a mixed bag. I saw him get beat badly off the ball a few times on running plays.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I got out of the game about as much as I expected. I'm not at all disappointed. The final two games are completely different in my mind. Three games at home with no travel and ramping up, I expect to see some good drives from the #1s and sacks from the D.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I really like Mannion. I only wish we would get to see him have some real PT. Jones was a monster, (he was going against 2's and 3's though). We have some ballers at the RB position, I wouldn't mind seeing them make a deal with one instead of releasing them. Quinn can stop the run, but he needs a new helmet. Givins is showing up this preseason.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Biggest positive by far for me was how much Lamarcus Joyner stepped up.

He was huge tonight. Considering how much guff he took after that last game, he really showed up tonight.

So, too, did Christian Bryant. Almost a different guy. Good to see. Dunno of it's enough, but with Roberson acting like a Matador, there may be room in the secondary.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Think it was brown who blew up the blitzer on that 3rd down play and not rhaney but could be wrong. That was definitely a positive.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I know this is the positives thread but I'll say that Rhaney's game was a mixed bag. I saw him get beat badly off the ball a few times on running plays.
I think the same goes for Barnes and Jones.
Though I'm not ready to crown Rahney, I sure like his athleticism. He plays mean and nasty.

Whomever wins the C job, I hope they win it because they deserve it and not because the other two lost it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Starting defense allowed 3 points, and it really should't have come to that.

No injuries. (y)

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Givens and Malcolm Brown of course. Joyner looked better in coverage and is really starting to assert his physicality. I think he'll be fine. He'll give up some plays and make some plays. Williams needs to earn his check and keep him in positive situations. Bailey looks good anytime he gets his hands on the ball.

Overall I thought the team was tired. They came out so flat at the line of scrimmage. Tennessee was just blowing them off the ball on O and D. The extended trip in Cali wore the team out. Just ugly tape and hard to evaluate overall IMO.

Anyone else tired of Eugene Sims getting a silly penalty every game? His 4 sacks a year ain't worth his knuckle head plays.

I think Watts was a breath of fresh air in the second half. Despite his suspension if he manages to work his way up to the first half in preseason, I think he would be a great addition to our running back core

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No injuries is a win. Look around the league - guys are dropping like flies out there.

I'd like to see some tackling - I'm not going to pretend like I didn't want to see more - but I would rather have 4 preseason games like tonight than lose a meaningful player to injury and kick some ass 4 straight.

Still, at some point - these guys need to get some confidence going. Not that swagger is their missing ingredient - but as concerned as we all are - you know there is a good deal of that in the locker room even though they will never admit it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Biggest positive was Joyner by a landslide. This defense needs him to play well and he really looked good.

I'm a little irked they won't give Mannion more important snaps. I really like his handle of the offense.

Jones is a center only IMO. He has one shot and it's that center job, because that is the position you can get away with subpar talent particularly if the guards are strong. They won't give him a look at OG unless they're desperate because he's just not physical enough. All that aside he did really play well tonight so I was glad to see it. Rhaney, IMO, is more capable of subbing at OG if needed for the record.

Givens again showing he's here to ball this season. Brown and Bryant showing what they've got for their next teams, good for them.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Rewatching now.

Rhaney was definitely the one who picked up the blitzer late. Good play but he really stunk it up on the first series. Mixed bag of play indeed. Looking forward to watching jones in a sec.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Givens, Joyner, Brown, Jones, Watts, and Trinca-Pasat all had pretty good games. Along with Keenum. IMHO!
And I think the O-Line held It's own pretty well too!
Game #3 of the pre-season is going to be even Bigger than I thought it would be!
The Team seemed to be a Little tired, from all the Traveling they've done.
They well be well rested, and playing on a faster Track at home under the dome, the next two pre-season games!!