The Positives Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah yeah
The TD pass to Givens comes to mind. Keenum got run over late and knocked to the ground. He got up and got on the refs case for not throwing a flag.[/QUOTE

yeah I seen that too. He was not happy about that.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Positives? We ain't that far off. The only areas we're bad in is running the ball, passing the ball, blocking, getting open, tackling, covering receivers and decision making. Aside from that we're OK.

"We didn't block anybody. But we made up for it by not tackling." - John McKay

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah yeah
I noticed at one point a Titans defensive player kicked the ball on the ground away from the ref and the LOS when the Rams were trying to line up and run a play. No call for delay of game. Thought that was bullshit.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Cowboys first team got destroyed last night too. Praying the scrimmage drained both teams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
They ran through Ethan Westbrooks for a lot of those big gainers. HAving Brockers back in the lineup will help a lot. Not sure why they are trying to convert Westbrooks into a DT anyway. Thought he showed a lot of promise at DE but guess we're stacked there.

Rams started two very small DT's last night. Donald is under 6-1 around 280 plus & EthanWestbrooks somewhere around 270 pounds. Both going up against 320 interior OL'ers will open up some H O L E S !

Westbrooks appears to me to be competing to be our 5th DE or our 4th DT at this point. He saw very little action last season after he broke his hand badly so I am sure they want to get a good look at him now. The 5th DT Louis Trinca-Pasat is also on the small size but looks to have 20 pounds on Westbrooks.

Currently Ethan is more DE than DT (Tweener) but next season when both reserve DE's Hayes & Sims bolt into UFA'cy this Ram team will need Ethan badly as a reserve DE. So Fisher/Gregg need to see if he can be that 4th DT (or more precise back up to Aaron Donald) & the 5th DE this season....they would be in a better position next yr.

That's how I see it & why they had him in with the first team defense under so much pressure...see how Ethan will handle it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They ran through Ethan Westbrooks for a lot of those big gainers. HAving Brockers back in the lineup will help a lot. Not sure why they are trying to convert Westbrooks into a DT anyway. Thought he showed a lot of promise at DE but guess we're stacked there.
I think they like Westbrooks and want to give him a chance to make the team. They are stacked at DE with outside rush skills. If he is to make the team, he's gonna have to show some interior strength. Love that they started him to give him a shot. THAT is what pre season is for

Psycho_X

Legend
I think they like Westbrooks and want to give him a chance to make the team. They are stacked at DE with outside rush skills. If he is to make the team, he's gonna have to show some interior strength. Love that they started him to give him a shot. THAT is what pre season is for

Agree with you and Bonifay that this is what they are trying to do. But it did not go well last night. I don't mind trying to stash Westbrooks on the roster for overall depth down the line but I'm scared if he has to see extended time in Brockers spot. Hopefully we won't have to worry about it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to believe but Givens has been having the best pre-season of the WR

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No injuries

Game didn't count

Some back-ups did very well

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Agreed. But it's a really nice surprise to see a guy we thought was a cut step it the F up. Kinda convenient that he's stepping up in his contract season but better late than never.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Positives... well the starting defense had some impressive moments. I hate the bend but don't break style of defense but I'll take that over the Swiss cheese defense we have had in the recent past.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

I can't believe it I thought the guy wast toast but something has light a fire under his ass and he will not be denied a roster spot. I really love the quality and variety of WRs we have here. We got Quick and Britt for big physical high point the ball WRs( you could probably throw Cook in there too) then Givens can be one of the best deep threats in the game with a QB that can get him the ball. Then you've got the game breaker gagit guy in tavon and Baily is a bad ass that can do it all. Once Foles gets this offense down and gels with these guys as long as the Oline can give him a little time I like our chances to put some points up! I'm still drinking the koolaid! Gurley will be back soon and the Oline will get better! I'm not throwing in the towel on this team yet. I just hope they don't break my heart again.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

1422.gif

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The rookie right side has been solid and these guys are getting some valuable reps. Going into this offseason many (especially some in the media) were wringing their hands over starting two rookies but their lack of experience has not been an issue up to this point. I know these games do not count and that they not been perfect but they also have not proven to be liabilities. Note: I expected Brown to start out stronger than Havenstein because tackle is a much more difficult transition from college to pro.

Joyner has been getting roasted by quite few people but on Sunday he played very well. I was most impressed by his physicality in run support.

The Rams are finding out what they have in Washington who was never expected to be an extended starter because in a real game scenario I would expect Reynolds to play LG if Saffold went down.

Pead and Givens began the offseason as two of my bubble players but they both are making legitimate cases to stick around.

Kenum indeed looks like an improvement over Davis but... have wee seen enough?

I thought with his suspension, Watts would be on the outside looking in but he really showed well in Sunday's game. Note: Bailey's suspension really put a damper on what he might have been able to do after a stellar 2014 preseason.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Trey watts got carries over stacy and mason last year in the regular season. It was only a few touches but he looked like he belonged... I want to see a atleast a qtr or manion instead of the last 4min of a game. And why isn't Bailey getting 1st team reps??
I don't know for sure, but it appears as if we are protecting some players from injury.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Still watching the 2nd half...3:54....but so far Joyner (I was on his ass too), Jamon effin Brown!...Rob Mutha effin Havenstein!....Christian Bryant (where's he been?)....Chris Mutha Effin Givens!!!....2nd half D-Line (LPT is a secret beast I think)...Robert Quinn (but that's expected)....Bailey was solid, but I still like Quick a lil better as a starter......

Now, most of these guys are backups, so I expect coaches chewed some asses at halftime to get them playing so well after the half......I want to see them get some starter minutes...

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Biggest positive by far for me was how much Lamarcus Joyner stepped up.

He was huge tonight. Considering how much guff he took after that last game, he really showed up tonight.

So, too, did Christian Bryant. Almost a different guy. Good to see. Dunno of it's enough, but with Roberson acting like a Matador, there may be room in the secondary.

Christian Bryant was who I thought stood out also. That 3rd and long stop that would normally be a 1st down was a heck of a hit to keep it a yard short.

nighttrain

Legend
Positives? We ain't that far off. The only areas we're bad in is running the ball, passing the ball, blocking, getting open, tackling, covering receivers and decision making. Aside from that we're OK.
This gave me my daily chuckle!
train