The Positives Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The running game wasn't as bad as I thought. There were holes at times, especially when Cunningham subbed in for Tre. Maybe the Titan's second team had already taken over at that point. A more dynamic and decisive runner would have gotten some first downs. Cunningham wasn't nimble enough to take advantage of cut-backs.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The 3rd and 2 play that cunningham couldn't pickup was textbook though. He should have gotten 7 at least on it if he was more agile.

Heck, he should have gotten two if he had just read it slightly better.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Trey watts got carries over stacy and mason last year in the regular season. It was only a few touches but he looked like he belonged... I want to see a atleast a qtr or manion instead of the last 4min of a game. And why isn't Bailey getting 1st team reps??

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
1. RB Depth (Especially Watts)
2. Rookie Right Side OL
3. Decent play by Rhaney/Jones/Reynolds
4. Donald & Quinn
5. Joyner & Barron
6. Solid production from Keenum & Mannion

I realize many are concerned with the lackluster performance our O has put in the previous 2 weeks and an underwhelming outing by the D, however I think the major issues can be fixed by week 1.

1. OL: I get it, they have lacked push in the running game and have given Foles happy feet in the pocket. I'm not here to say that Saffold will play all 16, but I also doubt Washington will be the first option at LG should he miss time in the regular season. Imo Reynolds or Jones/Rhaney will back up Saffold at LG. Many issues stemmed from Washington who shouldn't be seeing any game action come week 1. Also when a starter is named at C, continuity will improve on the OL.

2. Run D & Pass Rush: Missing Brock today was an obvious blow. He is the most underrated man on the DL who does the dirty work to open up opportunities for AD & Quinn. Westbrooks is not a bad rotational DE/DT option behind Hayes & Sims, but should not be starting next to Donald come the regular season. He got little push when rushing and was routinely blown of the line on run plays. He is at best our #4 DT behind AD/Brock/Fairley.

3. Foles: 1 bad play should not ruin him. Yes Nick stared down Kenny, but Kenny also broke off his route. Most of Nick's issues stem from too much push up the middle. He does have a tendency to throw off of his back foot, but I have faith that he can correct many of these deficiencies by week 1.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I know this is the positives thread but I'll say that Rhaney's game was a mixed bag. I saw him get beat badly off the ball a few times on running plays.

I agree I don't get the Rhaney love here. He was flat footed and got bull rushed a couple of times early. He and Washington seemed to have some communication issues early.

The positive is he made some adjustments later in the game and finished a little stronger but I am not excited right now if that is our starting C.

In keeping with the spirit of this thread though J Brown looks like the real deal!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else see Quinn last night? In on 2 tfl on running plays, pressure on qb. For a guy that started slow last year, he looks amped.
Let's just get him to strap the helmet on a little tighter, yes?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a positive................................................. these games dont count.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
With the ones last night I saw a defense that was physically capable of winning some ballgames.

If they tap into how to win the mental battle they'll be very tough.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Liked the same things as everyone else. Hated the same things too I am sure. This team was spent from last weeks travel and scrimmages. I can understand that.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Mainly the no injuries and Givens's big play. But what I was most surprised about is how hard our RBs were running.

Psycho_X

Legend
They ran through Ethan Westbrooks for a lot of those big gainers. HAving Brockers back in the lineup will help a lot. Not sure why they are trying to convert Westbrooks into a DT anyway. Thought he showed a lot of promise at DE but guess we're stacked there.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else tired of Eugene Sims getting a silly penalty every game? His 4 sacks a year ain't worth his knuckle head plays.

There is no way that was a penalty, I watched it several times. He hit him right in the chest and hit him just after he released the ball. Sorry but that call was horseshit!

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no way that was a penalty, I watched it several times. He hit him right in the chest and hit him just after he released the ball. Sorry but that call was horseshit!
And how many times will our guys get hit or thrown to the ground out of bounds before a flag gets thrown. There were at 4 times it happened last night and no flag.

bskrilla

Starter
And how many times will our guys get hit or thrown to the ground out of bounds before a flag gets thrown. There were at 4 times it happened last night and no flag.

The TD pass to Givens comes to mind. Keenum got run over late and knocked to the ground. He got up and got on the refs case for not throwing a flag.

V3

Hall of Fame
They ran through Ethan Westbrooks for a lot of those big gainers. HAving Brockers back in the lineup will help a lot. Not sure why they are trying to convert Westbrooks into a DT anyway. Thought he showed a lot of promise at DE but guess we're stacked there.
IMO, Westbrooks is not a DT. At all.