The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I guess the point I am trying to make is that attitude is no good. And if we do sign him to a ridiculous deal is he going to want his own dressing room to seclude himself from the team?

It's a holdout. You don't holdout at the team facility and still practice with the team. Cmon man.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
It's a holdout. You don't holdout at the team facility and still practice with the team. Cmon man.

Ha. Someone had to say it. If you don't pay me more money, I'll keep coming to work like nothing is different!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Ha. Someone had to say it. If you don't pay me more money, I'll keep coming to work like nothing is different!

Can you even get away with that @ any job?

I won't come into work til you pay me more.

Ok, so be it....Your fired...

Bottomline. Work ethics go a long way in life.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

"We're going on a strike! I mean, we'll all be at work tomorrow on time and perform our duties the same way, but it'll be a strike!"

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you understand you're in a aaron donald thread don't you?

nobody has better work ethics than him.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
bvsix.gif

I guess this is where we see differently. I disagree with the holdout, and feel its unfair to the rest of the team. And you feel his work ethics are good for being absent. Got it...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bvsix.gif

I guess this is where we see differently. I disagree with the holdout, and feel its unfair to the rest of the team. And you feel his work ethics are good for being absent. Got it...

i don't think you do get it. you make out like he's lying on his couch stuffing his face with twinkies while watching tv all day.

he's still getting himself prepared for the season, just like all the players in the facility.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

You can if there are 31 other companies who would line up to pay you what you are asking for and more.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
i don't think you do get it. you make out like he's lying on his couch stuffing his face with twinkies while watching tv all day.

he's still getting himself prepared for the season, just like all the players in the facility.

I hope he isn't...I am just wondering about the seclusion from the team. We got a few more weeks and that will come fast. He hasn't participated in any skirmishes or preseason games under this regime. He must understand Fisherball is long gone. Will he be able to make the proper adjustments on the fly if he does get a deal? This is what I think about ethics I think of things beneficial to others around you. Do you think absence is beneficial?

wmc540

Pro Bowler

As long as there is high demand and low supply for your services, you can.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sorry but not just like all the players on the team. He doesn't have a playbook and he's not getting coaching from Wade Phillips.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Teams have themselves to blame for holdouts by the way.

Consider this - the Rams offers are probably getting better - or at least closer in structure to what ADs camp is looking for. If holding out didn't work, agents wouldn't use it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

nobody has better work ethics than him.

Based on what, he's been AWOL that is not good work ethics. Showing up because you signed a contract and letting your agent work out a deal is good work ethics.

Having a tantrum and throwing your helmet and being ejected from a game is not good work ethics.

Working out, essentially preparing for work does not equal good work ethics.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on what, he's been AWOL that is not good work ethics. Showing up because you signed a contract and letting your agent work out a deal is good work ethics.

Based on that he's Aaron Donald. That should be enough.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry but not just like all the players on the team. He doesn't have a playbook and he's not getting coaching from Wade Phillips.

Remember the beginning of old nfl films shows, where Bill cowher is talking face to face to one of his lbers and imploring him to "rush the qb"? That's gonna be wade's coaching for ad.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
@blackbart Your link just went to Aaron Donald's twitter page so I didn't know what it was a reference too. I thought I was going to it to see he was announcing he signed an extension or something when I saw your link.